BNP's Griffin: Islam is a cancer

As the BNP struggles for right-wing support in the European Parliament, leader Nick Griffin tells Cathy Newman he believes there is "no place in Europe for Islam".

The BNP leader Nick Griffin has described Islam as a “cancer” that should be removed from Europe by "chemotherapy".

In an interview with Channel 4 News, Mr Griffin, who has just been elected to the European Parliament, said there was "no place in Europe for Islam".

He added: "Western values, freedom of speech, democracy and rights for women are incompatible with Islam, which is a cancer eating away at our freedoms and our democracy and rights for our women and something needs to be done about it".

The BNP leader said he agreed with a candidate for the Flemish far right party, Vlaams Belang, who had declared: "We urgently need global chemotherapy against Islam to save civilisation."

Read more and watch video @

What did you expect?

For the BNP to be Muslim?

"Western values, freedom of speech, democracy and rights for women are incompatible with Islam, which is a cancer eating away at our freedoms and our democracy and rights for our women and something needs to be done about it".

Confused. How can he fight for Western Liberal values like Freedom of speech and expression whilst telling people they can't be what religion they want to be?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

He is also fighting to sink immigrant's boats before they reach european shores... I don't think liberal is a word many others would use to describe him.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I think he means Wahhabi version of twisted Islam.

Wahhabism is a cancer.

It is intolerant. It wants to force all west to convert.

It is believes is false religious teachings like killing innocent civilians.

This is not true Islam.

the word wahhabi is inappropriately used these days, there is no one group called wahabbi today. Once it was linked with the saudi form of islam but today it seems anyone with somewhat orthodox views which are valid in islam with textual evidences are termed wahhabi. Me for example i am wahhabi according to my neighbour because i wear a niqab and jilab. My brother is a converted wahhabi because he grew a beard. If he shaves his beard off he is no longer wahhabi, if i remove my niqab i am no longer wahabi but their beloved sister in islam. This stuff really makes me burn with rage, i know i should be calm and all the rest, but there's only so much one person can take,especially when this drivel comes from the lips of fellow muslims.

It's like using the word al qaeda, do they even exist anymore, or is the term applied to all sorts of extremist muslim groups who are not even affiliated to it?

linked with BMP did you guys know there was an anti muslim protest in Birmingham early July? i sure did not it has really shocked me. My sister lives there, i drive down there all the time for islamic supplies. I knew they had their share of problems over there but anti islamic protest i would never have expected it there. I thght problems over there were more around ethnicity not religion. See here:, also youtube has videos if you search anti muslim protest birmingham.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Yeah there were protests - "casuals united". Beast has a blog pot on it. Not sure if it was the Brummie one, or maybe a different one in London, but it failed to get going as the protestors decided to go to the pub instead of marching to a mosque.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
What did you expect?

"Western values, freedom of speech, democracy and rights for women are incompatible with Islam, which is a cancer eating away at our freedoms and our democracy and rights for our women and something needs to be done about it".

Confused. How can he fight for Western Liberal values like Freedom of speech and expression whilst telling people they can't be what religion they want to be?

I think his views are incompatible with Liberalism. By the way, did you know he got bumped in the European Parliament! Sucker!!!! Shame!!!

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

The Lamp wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
What did you expect?

I think his views are incompatible with Liberalism. By the way, did you know he got bumped in the European Parliament! Sucker!!!! Shame!!!

Exactly so why is he fighting from that viewpoint?
He's taking away freedom of speech and he can't say he's fighting for rights for women, because he's trying to take away a woman's right to believe in what she wants and wear whatever she wants...

It makes no sense...The way i see it,the ideas are almost paradoxical.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

You wrote:

He added: "Western values, freedom of speech, democracy and rights for women are incompatible with Islam, which is a cancer eating away at our freedoms and our democracy and rights for our women and something needs to be done about it".

ha!
women in western countries are liberated???
considerin how theyre seen as mere sex symbols, I doubt it
women are not free wherever they live
if they "liberated" in certain areas, theyre subjected in others

Any more liberation of women in California and I bet there will be an outcry for a bit of oppression from the Americans.