What's the point of life?!

What the titles asks.

please dont say "its a test" :roll: (even though in the past ive said that to people :|)

(i have a desire to write the title in all CAPs but i wont)

Basically a pathway to your Hereafter.

lurrrrrrve, baby

to worship your Lord.

why do you not want to live?

If you think about it, the point of life is... to end.

Back in BLACK

Noor wrote:
why do you not want to live?

Im not on the verge of suicide LOL, im just thinking...

Seraphim wrote:
If you think about it, the point of life is... to end.

More or less pointless then :/, well thats how i see it. I mean we do all these things,"enjoy life", have an education, get a job blah blah blah, and every day do more or less the same thing. what is the point?! just gna die at the end of it all.
...okay theres heaven/hell to look forward too but what about now

My life is pointless.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

in other words, you are bored.

no :roll:

what made u say that?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

your post.

go and find something worthwhile to do.

Noor wrote:
go and find something worthwhile to do.

:roll: WTF i just told u im not bored

I thought u were gna start ignoring my posts :roll:. Seeing as ur not, i think ill start to.

aah, Muslim love. its great innit?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Let's turn the question on its head with a slight change:

What's the point of YOUR life?!

Slightly different take on things with that.

An example from Tribune: "would you consider your life complete if you died before scuba diving?"

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

What's the point of life?!

What the titles asks.

please dont say "its a test" (even though in the past ive said that to people)

(i have a desire to write the title in all CAPs but i wont)

Noor replied: why do you not want to live?

Im not on the verge of suicide, LOL, im just thinking...

More or less pointless then,
well thats how i see it.

I mean we do all these things,"enjoy life", have an education,
get a job blah blah blah, and every day do more or less the same thing.

what is the point?!

just gna die at the end of it all.

...okay theres heaven/hell to look forward too but what about now

My life is pointless.

Look here lady, this kind of thing has to stop. Just stop it. Get a grip of yourself.

Man and woman has similar but different purposes in life.

I'll tell you:

Man: To find a real woman like you and give her what she really wants.

Women: To find a real man who can give you what you really want.

Omrow wrote:

Look here lady, this kind of thing has to stop. Just stop it. Get a grip of yourself.

I'll tell you:

hmmmmm

fair point

Omrow wrote:

Is this implying that women are the subject of 'life'? and men are just the medium?
I'd suggest that people re-read the "Man" statement.

Salam

Existence and Life are all about women.

The Creator has willed it that way.

Like it or not, men have to submit to that.

Omrow

Omrow wrote:

LOOOOL, okaay then.

Omrow wrote:
Man and woman has similar but different purposes in life.

I'll tell you:

What is a real man/woman?
So that is the prupose of our lives? hmmmm

Salaam

Hmmm, not the meaning of life but the reason for it?

I think the point of life is to gather as many non-perishables as possible so you can make a tidy profit on them after the journey. Perhaps, the point of life is not to forget what the point is. Nah, that doesn't sound right...

Perhaps the best point in life is the one which points to unity. Death is ever the horizon and never before, let the point be sometimes walking on the earth and sometimes gazing upon the lights in the sky.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Wsalaams

Dawud wrote:
Hmmm, not the meaning of life but the reason for it?

yeah i guess so

Dawud wrote:
I think the point of life is to gather as many non-perishables as possible so you can make a tidy profit on them after the journey. Perhaps, the point of life is not to forget what the point is. Nah, that doesn't sound right...

lol

Dawud wrote:
let the point be sometimes walking on the earth and sometimes gazing upon the lights in the sky.

I like the thought of that. However u cnt make life that nice and simple ;/

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

What is a real man/woman?

So that is the prupose of our lives? hmmmm

Yes; and, real is what brings you to reality.

Perhaps; its what you do with the gift of life, that determines its purpose.

All i know, is that God put you on this Earth for a reason. Discover where your strengths lie and where it is you are needed.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:

All i know, is that God put you on this Earth for a reason. Discover where your strengths lie and where it is you are needed.

And if you're not useful anywhere, die?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

everyone has a purpose... just dont expect to figour it all out at the age of 15.
takes time

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

u shouldnt worry about your purpose
you're funny n intelligent

be a standup!
or a writer!

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

Naah, that's why there are old peoples home - so that you can be forgotten in peace.

Its a difference between humans and animals that humans (are supposed to) take care of their old and their weak even if there is no obvious benefit.

("obvious" because emotions, peace of mind are big things.)

Sephy wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

everyone has a purpose... just dont expect to figour it all out at the age of 15.
takes time

....I don't know if you were just using that age as an example but...
I'm Seventeen this month o.0

But still, forget about me. Just think about it hypothetically... Imagine someone who's literally useless, no purpose anywhere to anyone.

Now is there no point to their life?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

1R4M wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

u shouldnt worry about your purpose
you're funny n intelligent

be a standup!
or a writer!

Lol

Yeah, standup comedians are so useful xD

And i don't have the patience or the ability to focus or concentrate for long periods of time so i can't be a writer.

I do have concerns about what i can do for the world (and God), but in these particular circumstances, i wasn't actually talking about myself but was just delving into Seraph's answer a little.

Still, thanks for your encouragement Irummm (:

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
But still, forget about me. Just think about it hypothetically... Imagine someone who's literally useless, no purpose anywhere to anyone.

to worship Allah (swt)?

we haven't been placed in dunya to serve others. we have been placed in dunya to worship Allah (swt), to obey his beloved Rasul Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and to follow the teachings of islam.

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
Sephy wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

takes time

....I don't know if you were just using that age as an example but...
I'm Seventeen this month o.0

I have to say, i don't think anybody is useless.

And i *think* he may have been talking about my age.

Pages