Inside the Ka'bah

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlATSk7CvIw]

Who are allowed inside the Kabah?

How often does it get redecorated (I don't think that's right word)?

wednesday wrote:
I heard that only the REALLY pious people ie the Imam of teh mosques are allowed via special permission to go inside and I'm not sure about the later Q.

ANd also dignitaries, heads of state and those with connections.

wednesday wrote:
Question: The Ka'bah is an object with divinty related to it but why as an object is it so significant?

It does not have "divinty related to it". It is just a building. and scholars will say that it is worth less than any single life.

I have heard that when Hadhrat Umar (ra) kissed the black stone once, he said "I am not kissing it because it has any significance, but I am doing so because the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) kissed it."

Why is it special? because of its history. In the same way that the sa'ee is important because of the actions of Hadhrat Hajirah.

It is the history that is significant - people beloved to Allah (swt) being present, doing actions and not the actual buildings.

Besides, the ka'bah has been rebuilt quite a few times. the building is only symbolic.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

It also does have significance - mainly due to the actions of people beloved to Allah (swt). It is blessed.

As for a good explanation of it all and the why of it, you will have to ask someone else.

And access has probably always been restricted. It is a confined space and the bit "outside" (hatim?) is also technically part of the ka'bah - and that is open to all.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

s.b.f wrote:

It's called the kiswah, and it is replaced once a year, on the 9th of Dhul Hijjah when all the hajj pilgrims are at Mount Arafat.

It is hand embroidered(!) with gold and silver plated thread.

Imaani wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

It's called the kiswah, and it is replaced once a year, on the 9th of Dhul Hijjah when all the hajj pilgrims are at Mount Arafat.

It is hand embroidered(!) with gold and silver plated thread.

woow!

Thanks! Biggrin

assalamu alaikum

oh my gosh the kabah is important, as is the black stone, i used to think they are irrelevant structures of the dunya but i attend the Bukhari hadith classes by riyad ul haq in leicester, he covered this topic not very long ago. In fact we are still covering the book of Haj. Anyways i'll try dig out some of my notes regarding it post it here, insha'allah.

P.s anyone been to Umrah going soon insha'allah. Any tips,, going with my kids under 3 yrs old must be mad hey?

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Hajjar wrote:
going soon insha'allah.

congrats!

You should enjoy it. remember plenty of fluids and soak up the atmosphere as best you can.

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3MQk-q1cfY]

Enjoy Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Hajjar wrote:
assalamu alaikum

oh my gosh the kabah is important, as is the black stone, i used to think they are irrelevant structures of the dunya but i attend the Bukhari hadith classes by riyad ul haq in leicester, he covered this topic not very long ago. In fact we are still covering the book of Haj. Anyways i'll try dig out some of my notes regarding it post it here, insha'allah.

P.s anyone been to Umrah going soon insha'allah. Any tips,, going with my kids under 3 yrs old must be mad hey?

Mash'Allah.

Err...

- Give yourself some time in Madina, also do any shopping for gifts etc THERE, so you have more time on Makkah to soak up the atmosphere.

- Bring a small bag with you with space for a bottle to constantly refill with zam zam and to put your shoes.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

The Ka'ba is very much important. It is the only place on earth to be exalted with praise as being "the first house (of prayer)". Its sacred past reeches far back even befor the time of Adam (as) and has been re-built by the Prophet Abraham (may god be pleased with him). I could go on... but i wont.. im tired.

Bumped into a fellow Hajji who went with us last year, and the lucky guys going on ummrah soon.

As bro Ya'qub said, its best to do any shopping in Madina.. its ALOT cheaper than in Makkah. But obviously dont forget to soak up the atmosphere; you're gonna love it. Remembering when you go to Masjid Al'Nabi to take a bag with you for your shoes, coz if you leave them outside or on the bench you'll never find them again :D. Dont think you need a bottle for Zam zam really, they provide cups there for you to drink as much as you want. Unless ofcourse you want to take some away with you, then its up to you. Just beware the demontors lol (women security force... when you see them you'll know why i call them that) they sometimes stop you from taking BIG bottles in to fill with Zam zam.

Makkah shouldnt be as packed as during Hajj time, so you 'should' be ok with the kids. BUT id still advise you keep them very close when circulating the Ka'ba as people sometimes get pushed and shoved :/ again this is mainly during hajj time so im not sure what its gonna be like now. Inshallah you'll be fine and God will keep you safe on your journey there and back.

Back in BLACK

during tawaaf as long as the route taken is a nice and wideish one, she should be fine (however too wide and she may run into those groups that peg it around. They are cool. Turkish I think?)

You wrote:
during tawaaf as long as the route taken is a nice and wideish one, she should be fine (however too wide and she may run into those groups that peg it around. They are cool. Turkish I think?)

Sunnah to run the first 3 rounds?

Haraam to push/hurt people, of course...

Oh, one more thing Hajjar, if you get a chance DO try for the Black Stone. The easiest time for me was just before 'asr or a little while after fajr - but then again that was during Ramadan so maybe people will be on a different schedule.

Also for the Rawdah in Madina, it is opened for women at certain times during the day, try to find out exactly when because when they open it there is a MAAAD rush to get in there (we could hear like a stampede from the other side of the screens they put up as a walkway from the women's section to the Rawdah at the front).

Don't just do something! Stand there.