Obsession With Hijaab

Hijaab is FARD-this is a black and white issue-no one disputes this fact

but why is the Hijaab the most rinsed out topic?

Hijaab, hijaab, hijaab, hijaab-this topic is beginning to put me to sleep

and its the BOYS who are more concerned about the Hjaab then girls are

they preach it more then women do-God knows why

Hijaab is important

what what about the beard for men? What about guys wearing shorts? What about guys wearing tight trousers?

how would guys like it if all girls went around preaching

"brothers need to grow beards! Grow beards NOW!!"? :roll:

modesty/hijaab is presecibed for women AND men

this is sumin to think about

Salaam

It’s true that men should get over this obsession with the Hijaab…the Hijaab sermon is more effective when it is delivered by women.

Only women truly know what it feels like to wear a Hijaab…the benefits etc. Only they can truly know what is passing through the mind of other sisters.

They can empathise with those who wear one and can somewhat understand why sisters don’t wear one…

Personally for me the benefits of wearing a Hijaab are listed below….

1) It keeps you warm in winter.

2.) It restricts your hearing but it's all good for when people are arguing with you.

3.) People recognize that you’re Muslim straight away…it’s sort of like an ID

4.) Curious non Muslim’s love asking question’s about Islam and they are more likely to speak to you if you’re wearing a Hijab.

5.) Decent guys, hold open doors for you, move out of the way for you, give you their seat on the bus and let you go before them. You get "star" treatment.

6.) You stop being competitive with other girls….you no longer try to more “prettier or popular” then the girl in your class…all that shallow stuff is insignificant to you …. Your self confidence increases.

7) Its not the end of the world if you have a bad hair day or have missed an appointment in the hairdressers…cos your scarf covers it.

8.) You feel good/decent…

9) Your no longer the centre of attention…which means you can do your own thing. You can daydream/reflect/contemplate as much as you want.

10) You become invisible…and that suits you just fine.

Now, could a guy tell me all of the above?

Guys should focus on issues pertaining to them such as beard, modesty etc And its true that the Hijaab is the most rinsed out topic….

Wasalaam

aye probably true

but i didnt think the beard was compulsory?

but ur ryt, its mentioned a lot......but then again, i dunno, is the message bieng listned too properly?

modesty is for all humans indeed

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

The beard is wajib.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

meaning...........?

yeah but not fardh like the hijab tho?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

the difference between fardh and waajib is that if you reject fardh you leave Islam, if you reject wajib, you are a sinner.

with the practice of both, its the same.

So you must keep a beard.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

sisters i believe the hijaab is a important issue as so many girls dont wear it for various reasons e.g. fear of not fitting in, image , fashion etc. However i am pleased to say i am amazed at the number of muslim women who do wear hijaabs at university (birmingham), i like to commend them and they deserve maximum respect also i want to reinterate your message that when men order them to wear hijaabs its intimidating however when good muslim sisters tell them the virtues of hijaab they more likely to listen, maximum respect. Also i think muslim men such as myself are too image concious therefor dont dress islamically and keep beards but wear armani and have short back and sides.

I think this will answer everyones querries on hijab:

[url]

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

lol, brother Dood, how are ya?

you and that site!!

did u get a copy of the revival mag? aint seen ya round uni lately

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Raf786" wrote:
sisters i believe the hijaab is a important issue...

It is important. But not the only issue.

You can be islamic and still dress smartly... you seen those fake ck scarves?

just as good as any fake armani suit!

:twisted:

"Raf786" wrote:
are ck scarfs bad i see many sisters wearing them

nowt wrong with them.

fashion is not forbidden as long as you follow islamic guidelines.

darth are you from oldham , irfans freind , did you go with us to the yousuf hamza talk in small heath, its Rafakat

is this rafakat a raja by any chance?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Raf786" wrote:
darth are you from oldham , irfans freind , did you go with us to the yousuf hamza talk in small heath, its Rafakat

It is Hayder.

Come on Raf... Hamza Yusuf! How many times? :roll:

No Med, you're thinking of someone else.

Lol

Salaam, yeah thats me

how ya doin? Smile

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Hey Raf n Irfan, remember me

I was the other geezer with Hayder.

Hows it goin lads? Biggrin

:mrgreen:

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

"razor" wrote:

I've asked u that already.

You didn't reply.

But anyway it's going good.

Just to stay on topic... er, hijab.

Salaam
I agree Hijab is the most rinsed out topic HOWEVER you see sooooo many women who dnt wear it so you gota preach 2 them about it, you neva knw when it might actually hit them and they may realise that yes we should cover ( not only saying it becase im preparing a speech about hijab) lol n yeh i think we should definately turn out attention to the ways the guys dress JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE!! whats with the jeans halfway dwn their ********???

Altho we recognise that the Hijaab is fard, and its fantastic that alot of the sisters where a hijaab whats concern me is that some who wear it and act no different then they did without it.

Well whats the point then?? If you're not going to act accordingly then why wear it?

In regards to the beard i've always been told its 'recommended' to have one but not absolutely necessary.

"Asiya_A" wrote:
lol n yeh i think we should definately turn out attention to the ways the guys dress JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE!! whats with the jeans halfway dwn their ********???

lol, its a grunge thing. Ive not seen many muslim people who dress that way around here so it not an immediate problem, just a messed up fashion that some youngsters hav adopted.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
Altho we recognise that the Hijaab is fard, and its fantastic that alot of the sisters where a hijaab whats concern me is that some who wear it and act no different then they did without it...

wearing a hijab and doing other things are erm... different things.

noone is perfect. Atleast they have got one bit right. Inshallah the rest will come with time.

Besides who are we to judge?

"irfghan" wrote:
"razor" wrote:

I've asked u that already.

You didn't reply.

But anyway it's going good.

Just to stay on topic... er, hijab.

Did u?, well i mustve missed it. u lot should come down manchester some time, me n darth will be ya guides for the day Dirol

as for the topic. I find that, instead of preaching females to wear hijaab, we should rather tell them to read namaaz 5 times a day, if they dunt do already.

That way, once they get into it, they will look for other ways to please allah, and will automatically begin to wear hijaab.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

I agree that the issue of the hijab is a topic that has every1 tlking especially by non-muslims who seem to love to propogate misconceptions about it. However the issue of hijab for fellow muslim sisters is important. There are many sisters out there who do not seem to understand the importance, benefits and beauty of hijab. Alhamdulillah Muslim Sister has highlighted some points.

We live in a society where women are beingg exploited and seen as objects by men. Images of indecently clad women are used to promote indecent thoughts and sick acts being comitted against them such as rape. The hijab however signifies modesty, chastitiy and purity, something that helps the muslim women to be protected from indecent men. Look at the hijab?! It is even one of the signs of Allah that benefits the Muslim woman. Allah has given this to us to protect us and honour us, Alamdulillah. Look at the mercy of Allah. What makes me angry isnt those who advise the muslim sisters to wear hijab but those who try to dissuade muslim sisters from dressing modesty. In my opinion those who dislike women being covered are, i'm sorry to say in such crude terms, are perverts and have no sense of honour.

Salams, Brother Dawud,

Thanx for that link on hijab, i've been looking through that site nice to see Islam discussed in a more relaxed fashion, yet with the respect it deserves. The article on a new cereal for muslims has cracked me up. haven't laughed this much for a long time.

Jazak'Allah!

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
men should get over this obsession with the Hijaab...

Does she not want men to bother about good women who cover themselves ?

Is she then encouraging promiscuity ?

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:

Does she not want men to bother about good women who cover themselves ?

Is she then encouraging promiscuity ?

Men should talk about things specifically ordained for men. Men don't suit talking about womens issues.

Let women talk about the more “girly issues”. There's no shortage of such women.

And no, I am not “encouraging promiscuity” I’m just saying that there’s more to Islam then the Hijaab issue.

"Seraph" wrote:
Altho we recognise that the Hijaab is fard, and its fantastic that alot of the sisters where a hijaab whats concern me is that some who wear it and act no different then they did without it.

Well whats the point then?? If you're not going to act accordingly then why wear it?

I disagree with you seraph, hijab is farz everyone has their own perception of hijab and no one knows whether the the girl doin the hijab is trying to change here ways, so really sayin why should she wear a hijab cuz she does bad things is not justifible...i think it does come upon a person at one point that they do feel ashamed of their bad deeds and due to this observe hijab in the correct manner or at least try to.

"angel" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

I disagree with you seraph, hijab is farz everyone has their own perception of hijab and no one knows whether the the girl doin the hijab is trying to change here ways, so really sayin why should she wear a hijab cuz she does bad things is not justifible....

yeh its a lame argument

guys read Salaah and dont have a beard-so what?

People dont pray yet they fast-so what?

People dont touch alcohol but they into drugs-so what?

pick n choose in islam is sumin everyone does

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

I disagree with you seraph, hijab is farz everyone has their own perception of hijab and no one knows whether the the girl doin the hijab is trying to change here ways, so really sayin why should she wear a hijab cuz she does bad things is not justifible....

yeh its a lame argument

guys read Salaah and dont have a beard-so what?

People dont pray yet they fast-so what?

People dont touch alcohol but they into drugs-so what?

pick n choose in islam is sumin everyone does

uh... i hate this pick and mix theory of religion. People pickn the bits they like and leaving out the parts that they dont like.

Ofcourse im not saying people should be perfect, by no means i get it that people arent perfect and prob never will be but if your going to start down the path of rightiousness then they should follow it to the end.

Not divert and go back to your old ways. What the hell??? what are they playing catch catch? They become all religious whenever it suits them and then drop it whenever it doesnt.

lame lame lame.

Back in BLACK

So the girl wearing the hijaab but also wearing tight clothes/hanging about with boys should take off her scarf until she's ready to stop wearing tight clothes and doing other things she shouldn't be doing-is that what you're saying? That she's worse than those girls whodo all the same kind of stuff but dont wear a hijaab?

I disagree with you brother.. Stop looking at things in the negative perspective, look at the fact that she wears a hijaab and praise her for that, full stop.

I don't think people "pick and mix". instead they do what they find easy in Islam and work on making themselves better people.

One has to start from somewhere, they can not leave/change their whole lifestyle straight away.. they can only better themselves as they go on.

Assalamu Alaikum,

I can see Seraphs point of view. The sight of a woman with a headscarf and very little else on the rest of her body, can provoke anger and frustration in many muslim onlookers. Sometimes I feel the same way. It's not so much fitted clothing that makes me mad, because these days everything is either "skin tight" or "semi fitted", the term "loose" has been flushed out of the fashion industry. What makes me mad is the attitude that comes with it. A modest muslim woman with or without hijab is always discernable. But an immodest one speaks volumes just in the way she flirtatiously talks and walks.

Many sisters begin wearing the hijab with a headscarf teamed with their regular western clothing. Generally the clothing is semi fitted, but if worn with long tops, jackets or casual blazers they can look quite modest.

Although personally I think the most modest dress is the jilbab, the above would meet the hijab requirements, for many sisters who are newly wearing the hijab. I started out in that way long skirts long tops and jackets. I wasn't ready to leap into a jilbab.

Brothers have to understand psychologically and spiritually it takes time to make that transition. You can't expect a sister to go from fitted western clothing to jilbabs and burqas over night. Those who jump into it fast tend to be the ones who jump out of it even faster. Because they were never ready for it, and never completely understood the wisdom behind it.

So we should try and hold back our anger and judgements because these sisters who we look upon with such scorn could be more beloved in Allah's eyes than we are.

P.S brothers do the same thing half grown beards with tight t shirts, tight trousers, androgenous looking, it's no wonder they are mockingly called "gay". Yet sisters aren't so harsh on these brothers, are they?

Pages