ICC Twenty20 world cup 2009

To be fair it's probably really easy for the Dutch to practice cricket because it's very flat in their country, so plenty of space for cricket pitches.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

England off to a bad start ..o well... my younger brothers and dad are goin to the oval on sunday to watch the pakistan v england match, i think if england lose then there out of the tournament which will be embarasing for them i guess

Anyone watching the Pakistan V England match?

As always Pakistan fielding is never up to scratch. England is doing pretty well after 5 overs: 53-1. Starting to smash the ball all over.

Also must say Cricket is an advertisers heaven. Adverts after every over and sometimes in between too!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

ok, pakistan not doing too well. Where's inzaman when you need him? (yes,that's how long I have not watched cricket for)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pakistan won Biggrin

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

about time too lol. duz anyone know hu deyre playin next?

...::: N?la :::...

• Thursday 11 June: England v South Africa, Trent Bridge (1730)
  • Friday 12 June: Pakistan v Sri Lanka, Lord's (1330)

cool. thanks for that, hoping they continue the winning streak but am highly doubting it :/

...::: N?la :::...

ok, windies vs England is very very tight. Loser goes out.

17 needed off 13 balls.

And it's over. Not the way I had envisioned.

predictable i predicted it..

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

So today is semi final day. Pakistan Vs SouthAfrica.

Pakistan off to a bad start with a wicket in the second over.

How come South Africa always cop it in the semis? Some of it is due to pure bad luck, but other times I think they have got a mental barrier to overcome.

So Pakistan are in the finals. Again. Surprising.

You wrote:
How come South Africa always cop it in the semis? Some of it is due to pure bad luck, but other times I think they have got a mental barrier to overcome.

im surprised at how all the SA team are white!

Don't really care about that, but they always bottle it in the semis.

Right now, the windies are having a howler of an innings. 1-3. Yes, 1 run, three wickets down. The weather must be playing a part...

1R4M wrote:
You wrote:

im surprised at how all the SA team are white!

herchelle gibbs isnt white
J.P Duminy isnt white
wayne parnell i could go on.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:

Why would you have a go on wayne parnell? that just sounds GAY!

(and it shows the importance of punctuation).

and shows you have a dirty mind!

Ya'qub wrote:
Funzo wrote:

Why would you have a go on wayne parnell? that just sounds GAY!

(and it shows the importance of punctuation).

Lol

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

elaborate please?

I am sure the tons of aid going in is pretty important way of helping.

Besides watching a country slowly commit suicide is not as fun or enjoyable as watching a match of cricket. Not that I have seen any complete ones...

Looks like Pakistan may win.

PAKISTAN!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

Some green-and-white hatted people in hired cars driving up and down edgeware road with loud music.

thought about shouting 'where were the flags when the swat valley crisis kicked off?' then decided against it.

I hear that people in Pakistan are celebrating too. For once they actually have *something* that can be considered positive, no matter how small it is in the bigger picture or how fleeting. For that, I think it is a good thing.

thought about shouting 'where were the flags when the swat valley crisis kicked off?' then decided against it.

Why? x2

You wrote:
I hear that people in Pakistan are celebrating too. For once they actually have *something* that can be considered positive, no matter how small it is in the bigger picture or how fleeting. For that, I think it is a good thing.

Like when Iraq won the Asia Cup (football).

You wrote:

Why? x2

Nothing to be proud of, shouldn't flaunt nationalism at the best of times, but when people are dying it's more crass than usual.

Ya'qub wrote:

If it brings the yokels some happiness, so be it. Don't see the harm.

Ya'qub wrote:
You wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

Why? x2

Nothing to be proud of, shouldn't flaunt nationalism at the best of times, but when people are dying it's more crass than usual.

People are always dying. There are a billion people starving in the world too. But that does not mean everyone should walk around al miserable. If something makes you happy, even for a fleeting moment, we should be grateful for it, not push it aside as something unwanted.

If on the other hand people want to be miserable, there is generally more than enough misery going around and I hear it generally loves company. Something for everybody.

it's a cricket match, pakistan won. people are happy, they wana celebrate. what's wrong with that?

And in the women's tournament, England won.

The celebration reminds me of one of the asian channels broadcasting a wedding from a refugee camp. There had been a date set before the crisis, and the families were stubborn on their words. They had next to nothing, but there was still celebration of the wedding and it cheered up other neighbouring camp dwellers too. Allegedly - I did not actually watch it but was told about it.

You wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

If it brings the yokels some happiness, so be it. Don't see the harm.

Ya'qub wrote:
You wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

Why? x2

People are always dying. There are a billion people starving in the world too. But that does not mean everyone should walk around al miserable. If something makes you happy, even for a fleeting moment, we should be grateful for it, not push it aside as something unwanted.

If on the other hand people want to be miserable, there is generally more than enough misery going around and I hear it generally loves company. Something for everybody.

wearing/waving around pakistan flags makes you nationalist? right.

Pages