When in Rome... (CL final 2009 - Man Utd Vs Barcelona)

A football topic.

My predictions:

1. A boring match.
2. If there are many united players/staff in the morning papers talking about victory, history etc, Barcelona will win.

Why is there buttock stabbing in Rome?

Manchester United fans are in Rome for the Champions League final. When English teams have visited the Italian capital in recent years there have been a string of fans stabbed in the buttocks by hooligans. But why do they target the backside?

Read more @

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Barcelona were simply the better team on the night. Fair play to them.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

Why is there buttock stabbing in Rome?

Manchester United fans are in Rome for the Champions League final. When English teams have visited the Italian capital in recent years there have been a string of fans stabbed in the buttocks by hooligans. But why do they target the backside?

Read more @

Jealousy maybe?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

I managed to hide well away from this game. Biggrin

Congrats - I bet many others wish they had done the same...

liverpool wud have performed better - anyways we won euro enough times - 'Istanbul - come back Kings' ring a bell lol - man u jus completely mucked it up tut tut they never deserved that chance to win CL - plus we gots to keep the CL CUP yeyy Biggrin

You wrote:
Congrats - I bet many others wish they had done the same...

Not worth watching?

United did not play well at all. Its like a different team (maybe Lolerpool?) turned up instead.

You wrote:
United did not play well at all. Its like a different team (maybe Lolerpool?) turned up instead.

Lol

I will have absolutely no idea.

our defense was really poor

they controlled midfield aswell, carrick n anderson were really poor!

tactically i think it wasnt spot on either

but if we took our chances it would have been a different story!

We lost AND got stabbed.

Thats it.

I am not anything buying Italian anymore.

Omrow wrote:
We lost AND got stabbed.

Thats it.

I am not anything buying Italian anymore.

Lol i thought u weren't a UTD fan?

Utd lost badly Sad

o yeah who do u think is better, Ronaldo or Messi? (not just based on yesterdays game obviously)

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Yes, I am not a Man United fan.

But when it comes to the Romans, how dare they stab our lad.

lol ok understood. Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Liverpool wud hav performed much better 'Istanbul - come back Kings' ring a bell lol , i wish we had reachd the final would have been soo much more interesting than man u'z crappy performance--anywyz who cares we still won it enough times were champions of euro muhahaha- and we got to keep champions leaugue cup yeyyy Biggrin

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

but if we took our chances it would have been a different story!

You mean 'chance', singular.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Sick of all the United supporters acting all gracious in defeat? Wanting to see them a little riled up? Well, not all united supporters are calm and collected:

Nigeria United fan kills rivals

A Manchester United football fan in south-eastern Nigeria drove a minibus into a crowd of Barcelona supporters, killing four people, police say.

Ten other people were wounded in the incident in Ogbo town, after United lost Wednesday's European Champions League Final 2-0 to the Spanish team.

A police spokeswoman told Reuters news agency: "The driver passed the crowd, then made a U-turn and ran into them."

He is now in police custody. Both teams have a large fan base in Nigeria.

"The man confessed to doing it on purpose," police spokeswoman Rita Inoma Abbey told the BBC.

"He now says he doesn't know why he did it, but it was an intentional act." ...

Read more @

Haha yeah man united fans are the worst in defeat lolll so confident before the match yet after their tears fall and their fists are raised haha u can blame ronaldo for that

Not really. Atleast he turned up for the match unlike half the team.

Thank God some footballers/managers are sensible, fair-playing people.
">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0yX_1O3sRY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Ffailblog%2E...

Don't just do something! Stand there.

CL = champions league!

I think i maybe getting somewhere with this game.

And it was the football match for the FA cup on Saturday wasn't it?

yep Chelsea won it dammnn them lol wanted everton as they were underdogs ,,,lol liverpool will be back next season muhahahaa