DUAS PLEASE, FOR GCSEs!!

Salama bros and sis'!

I'm taking my first ever gcse Islamic studies tomorrow( :? ) and desperately need your duas. And also for my arabic gcse on Thursday inshallah, it's completely useless I know as I couldn't put together a sentence let alone an essay, but the teachers insist. Still a few duas won't hurt and who knows, I might just pass! :roll: also any advice anyone might have!

Jazakallah everyone and may everyone taking their exams do well and Allah make it easy for them inshallah!

Ps. Just a general post area for others taking their exams!

Inshallah everyone's exams will go (as Mr Kipling would say) exceedingly well.

Good luyck and remember, when in doubt, waffle.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Sumaiya wrote:
Salama bros and sis'!

I'm taking my first ever gcse Islamic studies tomorrow( :? ) and desperately need your duas. And also for my arabic gcse on Thursday inshallah, it's completely useless I know as I couldn't put together a sentence let alone an essay, but the teachers insist. Still a few duas won't hurt and who knows, I might just pass! :roll: also any advice anyone might have!

Well the first advice im gnna give u is - DONT BE SO NEGATIVE, go over ur notes, try not to learn anything new though, it may not sink in, and last minute revision isnt very good (altho thats what i do :oops:), have an early night, read salah in the morning and make dua for urself too! Smile

Sumaiya wrote:
Jazakallah everyone and may everyone taking their exams do well and Allah make it easy for them inshallah!
Ameen

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

You'll be fine.

Just work hard.

Back in BLACK

Good luck to all those doing exams!

My little bro is doing his AS Level exams atm, Computing Theory on Friday.

Inshallah you'll all work hard and do really really well. Blum 3

And cram in as much last minute revision as you can too - every bit helps!

And try not to worry too much - inshallah all will be great.

Good luck to you too!!
ive got ma arabic on thursday! and islamic studies! i got URDU TOMORROW! i dont mind ill just fail that. All i know in urdu is how to cuss people. Blum 3

YasminCullen wrote:
All i know in urdu is how to cuss people. Blum 3

Lol

Everyone's ideas and duas are good. Smile Please pray for all muslims to succeed in their exams.

I have semester 2 exams for university. D;

Start the paper with a 'Bismillah', and if it's speaking or a presentation type exam, Moses's (p.b.u.h) dua is certainly helpful:

قَالَ رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي
(Moses) said: "O my Lord! expand me my breast;
وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي
"Ease my task for me;
وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِي
"And remove the impediment from my speech,
يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي
"So they may understand what I say:

[Surah Taha, 20:25-28]

"A truth that is told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent."
-William Blake

I'd do an Urdu exam over a Spanish one any day! im gonna do so bad in Spanish {sigh}

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Don't 4get me in ur duas either!

RE paper was supposedly easy! :? although i didn't like it one bit. I think it had stupidly worded questions, but we'll see on results day!

Good Luck everyone!
espaecially for Arabic. Insha'Allah its an easy paper! Biggrin

'Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets' Baba Ali

I have finished my exams and finioshed uni!

but those who are still doing exams or are about to start there first exam, then inshallah everything will go ok, be positive, try to read through your notes the night before the exam and in the morning read fajir namaz and read Suract Yaseen before leaving home. And most off all believe in yourself and inshallah the exam wsould go well and you will be smilling at the end and then you will pass with flying colours.

Wink

So best of luck everyone who are doing their exams. Smile

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

jazakallah, everyone for your support!!
Took it this after noon at one, everyone was literally going crazy, one girl was gonna jump out the window Biggrin coz we had never really been in this situation, anyway the school was filled with the anxious screams of girls this afternoon! The paper was suprisingly easy in comparison to the mocks but inshallah we all do well in this paper and in the unit k!! It was crazy though, 5 mind before the end, I realized in a question I had mistaken abortion for contraception and so was frantically writing until the last minute! I was also running out of things to write and so was was just (thanks You) waffling!

Anyways inshallah everone does well in their exams!
Ameen

wednesday wrote:
See what I mean? You all know you'll be fine. Aint that cool?

Nice to see someone feels confident Smile

anyone got any tips on how i can learn all the dates for history? theres too many and its really confusing :S Sad

Mez wrote:

Congratulations, what were you studying?

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
anyone got any tips on how i can learn all the dates for history? theres too many and its really confusing :S Sad

There's two ways of doing it. You can just do a tasbeeh of the dates over and over again until their ingrainned in your memory, or you can do what I used to do and sing a song about them.

I did that for GCSE Biology to remember the parts of the heart and circularatory system and it worked perfectly! I knew the heart inside out going into the exam. (You can imagine how frustrated I felt when there were no questions about the heart on the paper!)

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Dawud wrote:

There's two ways of doing it. You can just do a tasbeeh of the dates over and over again until their ingrainned in your memory, or you can do what I used to do and sing a song about them.

I did that for GCSE Biology to remember the parts of the heart and circularatory system and it worked perfectly! I knew the heart inside out going into the exam.

ok ill give the tasbeeh thing a try, not good at making up songs and stuff so forget taht lol. you sound like a more auditory learner and im more visual though so it may not work for me anyway. thnx for the tip tho! Smile

Dawud wrote:
You can imagine how frustrated I felt when there were no questions about the heart on the paper!)
aww Fool

If ur doing GCSE history, then you don't have to remember loads of dates. Just condense it into around 5 main dates and learn those. (BTW thats the advice of my history teacher Smile )

Plus, when we did it, there was only like three that we had to learn apart from the two for where our syllabus starts, and where it finishes.
Then it should'nt be very hard to learn those,

Good Luck! Biggrin

eek! that reminds me i NEED to start History revision A.S.A.P :doubt:

Young Anonymous Muslimah wrote:
If ur doing GCSE history, then you don't have to remember loads of dates. Just condense it into around 5 main dates and learn those. (BTW thats the advice of my history teacher Smile )

Plus, when we did it, there was only like three that we had to learn apart from the two for where our syllabus starts, and where it finishes.
Then it should'nt be very hard to learn those,

Good Luck! Biggrin

eek! that reminds me i NEED to start History revision A.S.A.P :doubt:

WHAT?! :S Five dates?! what did u learn, what was in ur syllabus? what were those five dates for?? ive got over 20 so far, that ive noted down for my revision. Fool

If there are ten topics, and the exam paper is of the type "answer any five of these ten questions" (you should know by looking at past papers), knowing all ten topics might be considered overkill for the exam - but its good to have all the knowledge.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

right.
well i dont know what kinda exam it is but 2moro im just having like an end of year one which isnt really a mock just an exam based on everything we've done on Medicine so i need to remember all the dates.

P.S Duaas for me too please Smile

Dawud wrote:
Mez wrote:

Congratulations, what were you studying?

Sorry for the silly typo mistakes! :oops:

I was studying Information and Communications and hopefully will be doing a masters degree in multimedia design but not decided where yet!

Pray that I find the right course for myself to do in september!
Smile

Your damn right!

Congrats, and inshallah you will get the grades you want followed by the course you want too.

Thanks! Biggrin Inshallah I will find the right course.

Your damn right!

;( got a maths exam tomorrow, hate maths! ive doen 4 exams so far todays were much easier then yesterdays thankfully Smile

@ Mez congrats! and IA u will get a perfect course, ameen Smile

;( got a maths exam tomorrow, hate maths! ive doen 4 exams so far todays were much easier then yesterdays thankfully Smile

Maybe they're following a trend, getting easier and easier!
Insha'Allah Biggrin

We had english lit today, paper was good (thanks weds and You Biggrin ).
Arabic writin tomorrow. Eeek! :?

Maybe they're following a trend, getting easier and easier!
Insha'Allah Biggrin

We had english lit today, paper was good (thanks weds and You Biggrin ).
Arabic writin tomorrow. Eeek! :?

I WISH, i think i failed the maths! Fool so duaas please cuz if i dont do te higher paper my life is ruined! lol citizenship was ok although i made up a load of rubbish Smile

Good to hear ur paper went well alhamdulillah Smile

Most people have finished their exams now. But poor me, I'm still doing BORING statistics.
Exams tomorrow @ 8.30!!! :shock:
Please pray for me, Its the one that I really need to revise for, but can't seem to! :?

t'was okay. Not too hard.
It was 2 and a half hours long!!!!
plus the invigilator would'nt let me go loo! Wink

but yeah, I'm glad they are all over! phew! Biggrin

Congratulations. Now onto the job market...

t'was okay. Not too hard.
It was 2 and a half hours long!!!!
plus the invigilator would'nt let me go loo! Wink

but yeah, I'm glad they are all over! phew! Biggrin

im sure a tecaher told us if we *realy* need to go toilet the invigilator would follow us there?

i had my first GCSE exam today, yaay 1 down 11 to go! Fool

mocks are so unnecassary! :/

SALAMS,
Oh by the way PPL!!
I GOT MY RESULTS!!!
I got A for I.S and B for Arabic, aA!!!
was literally shaking as i read it!!
Phew...!
2 down.........11 to go...

Behold...Me!

Pages