Hustle, Loyalty and Respect.

Quote:
[h2]Survey reveals Muslim attitudes[/h2]

European Muslims have much more loyalty to the countries they live in than is generally believed, a survey says.

The report by Gallup and the Coexist Foundation says 77% of British Muslims identified with the UK, compared with 50% of the general public.

There was a similar finding in Germany, the survey says.

The authors say their report counters a commonly-held view that measures to combat Islamic militancy may have alienated many European Muslims.

"This research shows that many of the assumptions about Muslims and integration are wide of the mark," said Dalia Mogahed of the Gallup Center for Muslim Studies and co-author of the report.

"European Muslims want to be part of the wider community and contribute even more to society," she said.

The findings of the report are surprising, because since the 11 September attacks in the US commentators have repeatedly questioned the loyalties of European Muslims to the countries they live in, the BBC's Rob Broomby says.

The research - which focused mainly on European Muslims in Britain, France and Germany - polled around 500 Muslims and 1,000 members of the general public in each country.

Excellent... our plan for world domination is working.

...The authors say their report counters a commonly-held view that measures to combat Islamic militancy may have alienated many European Muslims...

I call BS - it does not show that at all. Lies, Damned lies and statistics...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Atlest it shows muslim ppl arent all cursn the country they live in.

It actually shows more than that. It says that we are "moar british" than the overall population... above average in britishness.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

What is bs an abbreviation for? As the moderator I would have assumed that it is incumbent that you follow the forum rules

3. Use of any profanity or obscenities of any kind within a post, even disguised with *asterisks or dashes etc will either lead to editing or deleting of the entire message.

“Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

I am "not a moderator". If someone feels like editing my posts, they can do so.

I do not consider BS or even it written out in full ("bullshit" for those following along at home) a profanity or obscenity.

"I" that says it all Mr.Admin.

“Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

What? is my ego to big from me to address myself with "I"?

If you want, I can use the royal "we". I mean we can use the royal I. erm, I mean we can use the royal we.

Signed: Mr-no-longer-admin.

You wrote:

I do not consider BS or even it written out in full ("bullshit" for those following along at home) a profanity or obscenity.

Why not?

So does that mean you would be comfortable in using that word in front of your parents, scholar etc? Or did I misunderstand what you meant?

Back to the topic in question: Im not in the least surprised. Its part of the battle against negative stereotypes, and I am glad that there has been some recognition that we are not, and should not be looked upon as having a universal outlook of hatred, and perhaps some reassurance to non-muslim folk?

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Amal wrote:
You wrote:

Why not?

So does that mean you would be comfortable in using that word in front of your parents, scholar etc? Or did I misunderstand what you meant?

It's a good question. Would I or wouldn't I? The angry side of me thinks that if it was in the presence of scholars "They better get their own house in order first", but that's not real.

Since I used BS originally, chances are if need be, I would use the word "Bull" - probably on its own as a shortening of the term. But that is because of how I speak and probably not because there is something inherently wrong with the term "bullshit" (but a situation needs to arise before I can be certain of how I would react - before then it's all guesswork).

It's like when people say "poo!" because they think saying "shit!" is more obscene...

EDIT - and welcome back. I think its been a while since you posted before.

Don't we have to be loyal to the country that we reside in? Those in authority-- of course, only the matters which don't go against Islam.

Yep, found it!

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ أَطِيعُواْ اللّهَ وَأَطِيعُواْ الرَّسُولَ وَأُوْلِي الأَمْرِ مِنكُمْ فَإِن تَنَازَعْتُمْ فِي شَيْءٍ فَرُدُّوهُ إِلَى اللّهِ وَالرَّسُولِ إِن كُنتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ ذَلِكَ خَيْرٌ وَأَحْسَنُ تَأْوِيلاً
O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.

[Surah An-Nisa, 4:59]

If we don't obey the authority, after Allah's (swt) and the Prophet's (pbuh), then it could almost be as serious as a case of not obeying that verse revealed in the Qur'an!

"A truth that is told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent."
-William Blake

Yep that's right Kunoichi.

It's a shame stuff like this isn't more publicised.

I think living in the UK is great, not sure how much faith I have in the police or government as a whole (but I guess the latter is a problem everywhere), but the UK is 'home'.

I suppose what others think of Muslims living in the UK is more significant though...

You wrote:

...The authors say their report counters a commonly-held view that measures to combat Islamic militancy may have alienated many European Muslims...

I call BS - it does not show that at all. Lies, Damned lies and statistics...

I don;t think it disproves that many Muslims are alienated, many are, and many don't agree with the government on many things but the vast majority are well connected to Britain, but still many are disintegrated and they need to be helped.

P.S. Seraph your avatar is becoming darker by the day.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

@ The Lamp - what the article on the survey suggests is that that alienation is not necessarily more for Muslims than for Non Muslims.