Saudi women face gyms ban

Action taken to shut down unlicensed, all-women fitness clubs, condemned as 'shameless' by Saudi Arabia's clerics

Saudi women could see their private sports clubs and gyms closed down because the government seems likely to agree licensing of the clubs for men only.

Saudi Arabia's austere brand of Wahhabi Islam forbids the mixing of unrelated members of the opposite sex. In the ­presence of strange men, women must remain covered.

The problem that has emerged in recent months is that women's gyms are unlicensed and so illegal. Female fitness fans complain of a lack of places to exercise outside the home since they cannot use men's clubs.

The general presidency for sport and youth welfare is responsible for men's gyms but it has not been allowed or prepared to regulate those for women.

Businessman Bader Al-Shibani wanted to open a women's sports club along with the one he runs for men in Jeddah. "I ran into a stone wall at every turn," he said. "Every department I visited denied that they had the authority to give permission to establish a women's club. In the end, I just abandoned the project."

Action has already been taken against two women's gyms, in Jeddah and in Dammam, according to al-Madinah newspaper. Clubs in Riyadh have so far been spared.

This month a group of Saudi women launched a campaign entitled Let Her Get Fat, in opposition to a decision to close down all-female wellness centres that are not under the supervision of a government hospital or clinic.

Leading Saudi clerics have condemned the gyms and clubs as "shamelessness" and warned that women would be tempted to leave their homes and neglect their husbands and children...

Read more @

Fool so silly {sigh}

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Does that mean Wahhabis prefer meaty chicks?

Pathetic.

Its like they're afraid women are gonna get more organised and out do them.

Back in BLACK

As a rule of thumb, its better to not attribute malice where you can attribute incompetence.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

what are they doing??? clearly not setting an example to the rest of the world.
They are female-only gyms so what is the problem?

lord almighty
saudi women must be in bad shape then
its pathetic
men want their wives to look attractive
n how r they supposed to do that if they cant go to the gym n tone up
hypocrisy...

then again they prob have 20 wives

1R4M wrote:
lord almighty
saudi women must be in bad shape then
its pathetic
men want their wives to look attractive
n how r they supposed to do that if they cant go to the gym n tone up
hypocrisy...

then again they prob have 20 wives

well now dont judge them too harshly... maybe this is their way of saying they like fat women?

Back in BLACK

On the other side, Saudi is also he place where a woman asked to be divorced from husband.

His crime? After about 14 years of marriage, he had wanted to see her face and he removed her face veil while she was sleeping...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

*shudders*

this is more a cultural thing sad that so many ppl including muslims cannot see that. Islam is just used as a pretext for the argument against gyms, and driving.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
You wrote:
His crime? After about 14 years of marriage, he had wanted to see her face and he removed her face veil while she was sleeping...

:shock:

I cannot believe in this day and age that females are still being used for bartering
disgusting
why do they need to marry 8 year olds???
if they want a younger woman, ok fine, fair enough but 8???

Saudi women are mostly mingers.

That is why Saudi men come to Paris and London to enjoy some beauty.

Omrow wrote:
Saudi women are mostly mingers.

That is why Saudi men come to Paris and London to enjoy some beauty.

I don't know about Saudi women... but in general Arab women are SOOOO hot.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:

I don't know about Saudi women... but in general Arab women are SOOOO hot.

You think Arabs are hot? So is the hell-fire - Lower ur gaze! Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

saudi women mingers? what a load of rubbish! my saudi sisters are just as gorgeous as any other women on this earth.

Just because saudi sister don't attend gyms does not mean they are fat. Many tend to be wealthy enough to have home gym equipment.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

I am not talking about their size.

I am talking about their beauty.

If you take a good look at their eyes, or lips,
then you would admit, if you are honest, that they are indeed mingers.

They simply are ugly women.

Some of them, say 5 percent, might be alright.

But most are not good looking females.

There no denying it.

Omrow wrote:

There no denying it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

You not finding them attractive doesn't make them objectively 'ugly women' Blum 3

How can you tell anyway? Don't they mostly wear veils? I don't think i've ever seen a 'saudi woman'

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

I dont know.

One can not judge oneself.

There is a conflict of interest.

You tell me.

Is George Clooney ugly?

OK, I'll judge you then. You are ugly.

Omrow wrote:
Is George Clooney ugly?

No.

Omrow wrote:

Is George Clooney ugly?

Yuck.

Yes =/

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Omrow wrote:

There no denying it.

Omrow, you have reached a new low. What an awful thing to say. You make many meaningful points and comments, and I am sure it is valued and appreciated.. so dont devalue and dishonour yourself by saying things like the above.

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

How can speaking the truth be dishonourning?

They are awful looking women.

Do you suggest I deny reality and simply say that
most of them are pretty, when clearly they are mingers.

If a woman is beautiful I am the first to say it.

If she is ugly, I am the first to vomit.

The problem with your statement from an accuracy perspective is that even as a broad generalisation, it is not possible for you to correctly make such claims.

All you can base your knowledge off is your own experiences and thoughts.

Omrow wrote:
How can speaking the truth be dishonourning?

They are awful looking women.

Do you suggest I deny reality and simply say that
most of them are pretty, when clearly they are mingers.

If a woman is beautiful I am the first to say it.

If she is ugly, I am the first to vomit.

most saudi women (the one that live in saudi) wear the niqaab. for Omrow, THE NIQAB COVERS THE FACE.

so, how do you determine whether they are pretty or not? what exactly are you looking at? perv.

You wrote:
All you can base your knowledge off is your own experiences and thoughts.

Yes. That is exactly what I did.

I had a good look. Believe me boss, they were bad looking.

I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think
most men would find them terrible. Their own men, leave them and
have affairs with beauties of London and Paris.
No one can deny that. Its a fact.

Noor wrote:

most saudi women (the one that live in saudi) wear the niqaab.

for Omrow, THE NIQAB COVERS THE FACE.

so, how do you determine whether they are pretty or not?

what exactly are you looking at? perv.

Obviously I cannot see through the facial covering.

I am talking about the women I have seen: The ones that leave their ugly faces open to be seen.

Most of them were not pretty at all.

Their nose, lips and, eyes are vomitable.

You yourself can take a careful look once again.

Also, one does not need to see all the Saudi women to reach this conclusion.

For example, polls do not go around interviewing every single
person in Egypt to say 70 percent of muslims there are pro-Al Qaeda.

Therefore, my survey shows only 10 percent of
Saudi women are good looking. The rest are mingers.

I had seen a good sample to make a reliable estimate.

I have not conducted a similiar study of other Arab ladies just yet.

Omrow wrote:
I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think
most men would find them terrible. Their own men, leave them and
have affairs with beauties of London and Paris.
No one can deny that. Its a fact.

I would suggest that that has nothing to do with looks and everything to do with access.

Pages