Gay marriage row at Miss USA show

The runner-up at the Miss USA beauty pageant says her outspoken opposition to gay marriage cost her first place in the competition.

"We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage," said Ms Prejean, in a section of the show that has become a popular clip on YouTube.

"I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," she continued.

"No offence to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Hilton said he had been "floored" by Ms Prejean's answer, which, he said, "alienated millions of gay and lesbian Americans, their families and their supporters".

He told ABC News: "She lost it because of that question. She was definitely the front-runner before that."

Read more @

Talking about such a controversial topic with a solid view cost her place for the top spot.

Was it worth it?

She stuck to her beliefs.

We should respect that

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:

We should respect that

Yep.

but she was supposed to be a bimbo!

I think it was the fact that she had an opinion that let her down.

The expected reply was expected to be "uhm... *giggle* as long as it leads to world peace *giggle*".

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

s.b.f wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

We should respect that

Yep.

Why was she asked that question on a beauty show in the first place?

By the way, Seraph, are you slowly turning to the Dark Side? Your avatar seems to be turning more evil by the day.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

The Lamp wrote:

By the way, Seraph, are you slowly turning to the Dark Side? Your avatar seems to be turning more evil by the day.

I think its delicious.

I saw a really handsome dog today.

Your avatar has turned slighlty ferocious too.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

The Lamp wrote:
Your avatar has turned slighlty ferocious too.

My avatar isn't ferocious!

It's a Lion Turtle. It has lots of wisdom.

Your avatar has changed, and so has mine!

The Lamp wrote:
Your avatar has changed, and so has mine!

Isn't yours still a lamp? Or is the flame a bit brighter/clearer ?

Lol ignore the last post. I see your new avatar now. Very erm..something..

It looks like three mini aliens with small heads. And they all have different lights shooting through them.

So, let me see if I have this right.

On Monday, Carrie Prejean was the most beautiful chick in California.

On Tuesday, they all said she is a minger.

I dont get it.

How does that work!!

How can you be having a thing one day and vomitting on it the next.

Unless some nutter threw acid on her face, and horribly
disfigured her nice looks, how on earth can her beauty change so quickly?

It must be crazy California sunglasses which twist their vision of pretty chicks.

s.b.f wrote:

I think its delicious.

I saw a really handsome dog today.

:roll: and eww Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

The Lamp wrote:

Yes i am.

The Darkside of the force, is a pathway to many abilities.... some considered... unnatural.

Back in BLACK

Remember. It is your focus that determines your reality. Do not succumbe to the darkside.

i despise beauty pageants and everything they stand for. So do i feel sympathy for this girl no. Good on her for standing up for her beliefs but boo hoo you lost the competition.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

The competition etc does not matter - the point is that she was "persecuted" for sticking to what she thought was right.

Who would have thought that a time would come where people would be persecuted for believing in (straight) marriage.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

Who would have thought that a time would come where people would be persecuted for believing in (straight) marriage.

Err... where does it say she did that? Saying you believe X is wrong is not the same thing as saying you believe Y is right.

I think you are deliberately misunderstanding this.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I still don't understand why she was asked this in the first place.