Google launches Street View in UK

Lame. I could not find Oldham on there.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

No its not lame! I saw my house on it! Biggrin

I saw my house too!! and my mum cleaning the windows and my little bro pointing to a cat! Lol

wednesday wrote:
woohoo! It has London, and I virtually travelled to me desired location from the main station.

Lol

go Wednesday! Did you have fun?

Why? Don't tell me you found yourself hiding a dead body...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Weds you make me laugh. Blum 3

It is amazing. BUT I find it just so shockingly intrusive!! :shock: :shock:

I am so glad it isn't actually live - now that would just be dangerous and totally unnecessary.

I think people need to be blurred out totally.

I think its really cool,
its a shame they have'nt done all the big cities yet.
They should have started with them!

'Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets' Baba Ali

It was Yasmin Cullen who saw her mum cleaning windows not Wednesday.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Village mob thwarts Google Street View car

A spate of burglaries in a Buckinghamshire village had already put residents on the alert for any suspicious vehicles. So when the Google Street View car trundled towards Broughton with a 360-degree camera on its roof, villagers sprang into action. Forming a human chain to stop it, they harangued the driver about the “invasion of privacy”, adding that the images that Google planned to put online could be used by burglars.

As police made their way to the stand-off, the Google car yielded to the villagers. For now, Broughton remains off the internet search engine’s mapping service.

It was Paul Jacobs who provided the first line of resistance. “I was upstairs when I spotted the camera car driving down the lane,” he said. “My immediate reaction was anger; how dare anyone take a photograph of my home without my consent? I ran outside to flag the car down and told the driver he was not only invading our privacy but also facilitating crime.”

He then ran round the village knocking on doors to rouse fellow residents. While the police were called, the villagers stood in the road, not allowing the car to pass. The driver eventually did a U-turn and left...

Read more @

That is kinda funny, the way they bombarded him. And the car does not look as weird as I had expected. Very cool technology. Even if I do find it intrusive.

wednesday wrote:
Imaani wrote:
Weds you make me laugh. Blum 3

My pleasure Biggrin

(I hope you're laughing with me, and not AT me :oops: )

At your excitement :), not at you.