The Apprentice 2009

In the past there have been a few people (not me) who watch this show, so may aswell start a topic on it.

Sir Alan apprentice 'bottles it'

The new series of The Apprentice is already a man down following one candidate's decision to quit before the cameras started rolling.

The man, who has not been named by the show's producers, bowed out before the first task had even been announced.

Sir Alan Sugar said he had "never met the fellow" and added "there was nothing sinister about it".

But in the first episode of the series, Sir Alan tells the remaining group that one of them had "bottled it" and left.

'Reality hit home'

Speaking to reporters today, Sir Alan said the contestant had been hit by the reality of the situation.

He said: "It was just that he got himself into his hotel room that night and realised that 'this is it, 'I'm away from up to 12 weeks from my family and my kids,' and I think the reality hit home."

Fifteen candidates now remain, including a former football player, a Tanzanian beauty queen and a single mother of two.

Sir Alan said the departure "makes my job easier, doesn't it?"

The new series of The Apprentice starts at 2100 GMT on BBC One on 25 March.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[font=verdana]Yay Apprentice is back :)[/font]

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

if im sinful of watching anything that wastes time i'm afraid it will be this. I am such an addict,i have no tv but will watch via iplayer. I can remember the first series sad or what!

One of the candidates is from my home town. My hubby vowed not to watch it but since he knows this dude now he wants to see how alan sugar pounces on him in the board room :roll:

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Hajjar wrote:
if im sinful of watching anything that wastes time i'm afraid it will be this. I am such an addict,i have no tv but will watch via iplayer. I can remember the first series sad or what!

One of the candidates is from my home town. My hubby vowed not to watch it but since he knows this dude now he wants to see how alan sugar pounces on him in the board room :roll:

Lol sounds like a good enough reason.

I've never really watched the Apprentice. Am I missing out?

No.

Its boring. A bunch of sales type of people being sales type of people.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

THERS SOMONE FROM BLOODEY ROCHADAL,AND THERS A FEW ASIANS IN THE SHOW. DEFINATLEY GONNA WATCH IT CAN'T WAIT.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

You wrote:
No.

It's really funny, actually. I like watching people whose heads are stuck halfway up their own... erm... ya'know failing miserably.

The early shows of each series are the best, I tend to get bored and stop watching when all who is left are the smart (yet know less full-of-themselves) ones.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
You wrote:
No.

It's really funny, actually. I like watching people whose heads are stuck halfway up their own... erm... ya'know failing miserably.

The early shows of each series are the best, I tend to get bored and stop watching when all who is left are the smart (yet know less full-of-themselves) ones.

*"No less..." your welcome sir Blum 3
and i watch it for the same reason but i do watch it all the way through Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

This is one of the few reality shows that is watched in my house, my siblings are really keen on it, although I've only seen the last few shows of the last couple of series. It was good, watchable, and I did get into it, but I agree with Ya'qub, there is much arrogance and people trying soooo hard and being mean to/about others to get what they want. Making it 'very good TV'.

I despise the world that The Apprentice represents.

sales (of anything - self, products or anything else), boasting and hypocrisy (albeit its the first two that are the major components of the third). Add to that people trying to weasel out of blame and away from responsibility.

You wrote:
I despise the world that The Apprentice represents.

Me too. Which is why I like watching people try (and fail) to get onto the merry-go-round.

Someone once said:

"There are only two things in the world which make us truly happy. One is unwrapping the plastic from a brand new CD and the other is watching people fail."

The only show of this type (reality TV) which I have thought I had merit was a few years ago when they had something like a celebrity olympics - a bunch of cleebrities who trained and then competed to gain sporing excellence. That was a good idea, but all the others I am not a big fan of.

wednesday wrote:
Modesty, humility and humbleness.

are qualities that do not exist in The Apprentice and are punished in the real world too. IMO.

wednesday wrote:
Modesty, humility and humblness.

humblness is not a word, and even if it was the meaning of it would be 'humility'. Blum 3

feel free to replace it with laziness.

I am sure weds won't mind.

wednesday wrote:
Error noted... and You may suggest another word/phrase.

I did!

You wrote:
feel free to replace it with laziness.

I am sure weds won't mind.

wednesday wrote:
Error noted... and you may suggest another word/phrase.

"Modesty, humility and clean underwear."

watched it yest...
cool

anita was made scapegoat

the other white lady (cant remember her name) shud have gone.... but i get a feeling she will go far....

2 muslim guys in it now... one with a long but funny looking beard Smile

the other guy from rochdale i think ive seen him aroung lol

The team leader looked like she was about to cry infront of Sir Alan!

I don't think she's going to get along with the other girl! lol! Smile

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
watched it yest...
cool

anita was made scapegoat

the other white lady (cant remember her name) shud have gone.... but i get a feeling she will go far....

2 muslim guys in it now... one with a long but funny looking beard Smile

the other guy from rochdale i think ive seen him aroung lol

Lol ye it was funny, they're a bunch of jokers who dont seem to really know about business but thats good cuz i only watch it cuz of those kinda funny people Smile

i like that beard guy he's funny and seems nice, i think his beard looks funny cuz he hasnt got a mustache.

Ok I'm just bursting to speak. Unfortunately i'm one of those annoying ppl that just can't help but commentate on things that are happening in a movies, documentary etc. I try my best to keep quiet really i do but i feel like i'm gonna explode if i don't speak. I blame my dad i used to tell him off as a kid, now i've got his contagious disease.

Anyways back to topic lol, apprentice is back woohoo, sad yes but i love it!

I thought Anita would be the first to go, from the first few words she made I just thought she came across as boring and lacking charisma. Only she seemed to believe she was charismatic, i fell asleep when she read out her job title, it was so dull i don't recall what it was, only that it wasn't related to law, even though she's trained in the subject? Anita said she was just totting up, hello that would amount to being the accountant. I also think it was hilarious when she said we've made it within the budget 196 quid out of 200 looool.

Debra should have gone, although i also think she is a strong contender and think she will go quite far. But she is a bit of a liar. She did call her team mates puppets but in front of them she laughed it off, and denied it. Later in board room she admitted it. I despise this quality, she should have been honest.

The only reason i say Mona should remain is because she put herself forward as team leader, when no one else would. They all made out they were the bionic women of business but when it came to the crunch they were cowards.

watch this space gota run

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

I sense enthusiasm and erm... all those other positive word thingies in that post.

wednesday wrote:
I missed it... du'oh!

[Ah well, while you all got to view London through a screen, I was actually IN London, admiring the place with the help of my cornea, lens, aqueous humor, Retina, and BRAIN]

/Note-to-self: Shut up!

That post sounds like what Gin-Gin (I think that was her name) would have said.

Very pleasant.

She is sorely missed.

wednesday wrote:
Blum 3 I'm gna ignore you!

Who's her?

She used to post on the forum up until about 2 years ago.

I've noticed how some of your recent posts are similar to hers. Like intelligently dumb/stupid.

*Intelligently being the operative word there. No offence intended whatsoever. In fact what I meant was the posts are witty not intelligently dumb/stupid. That's probably not even a thing.

Please refer to edited post.

And yes, she was better than you.

*Unless, of course, I have selective memory and am remembering only Gin-Gin's better posts.

wednesday wrote:
I missed it... du'oh!

Should be on iplayer.

@ Beast - Gin Gin? Who was that?

You wrote:

@ Beast - Gin Gin? Who was that?

I probably have the name wrong.

But you don't remember someone with a funny name like that?

I don't remember many people - most things are a mush of grey for me.

Because I was admin, I also purposefully tried not to concentrate on people as that would bias me. Well, that's my excise and I am sticking to it.

Can you give me a link to the old forum?

Pages