What do you think of the new layout of the Forums?

Brilliant!
26% (8 votes)
Alright I suppose.
26% (8 votes)
Bit....... different. But I'll get used to it.
23% (7 votes)
Other one was definately better!
3% (1 vote)
Admin, are you on drugs! Change it back now!
23% (7 votes)
Total votes: 31

Just to make people aware, the new forum changes may be turned off within a few hours (edit - make that a few days), so make sure your opinion counts.

If people are viewing through non-standard browsers, please post to say if the changes work or not (I know that the old style forum comments were broken in atleast IE8 which will be launched to the world real soon now.)

I know that some people hate it and others don't - the new colours are brighter. In an ideal world, someone would spruce up the rest of the colours of the site to be just a tad brighter too to go along with the forums look, but AFAIK that ain't happening.

So make your opinions known.

If you're lucky there will be no one hunting you down.

:twisted:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

:o wooh!!! The buttons and the folder image for the forums totaly remind me XP versions,

The blue colour just seems out of place with the rest of the colour scheme. :?

I do not want to seem horrible but, 'ADMIN WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO IT!!'

It is totaly weird! I prefer the other one better! put it back the way it was! PLEASE!
Sad

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

SO you thought that he was on drugs?

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Admin, are you on drugs! Change it back now!

Well, we can keep it for a few days, can't we?

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

IT'S OK. I NOT REALLY KEEN ON IT I THINK IT COULD BE BETTER.THE SHADE OF BLUE IS ANNOYING.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

big bro wrote:
IT'S OK. I NOT REALLY KEEN ON IT I THINK IT COULD BE BETTER.THE SHADE OF BLUE IS ANNOYING.

SO IS WRITING EVERYTHING IN CAPITAL LETTERS, BUT WE FORGIVE YOU!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Bit....... different. But I'll get used to it.

blue is a bit too bright
and the white writing against the light blue..can it be black instead? (don't worry about it , if its too much hassle)

That guys on dope.

Although i like blue, but the change completely clash with the colour scheme of the website. You either change all of it or leave it as it was. And its far too bright. I dont like bright... strains my eyes unnecessarily.

Alternatively if you can implement the same style but in colours similar to the old version then that might be more appropriate.

Functionality wise it seems to do the same job as the previous version. Which begs the question; why fix something if it isnt broken??

IMO just change the color but all in all

Back in BLACK

I do not mind changing the colours/shades of the rest of the site to go with the forums - if someone can specify exactly what to use.

(I guess getting rid of the white background to be replaces with something else would be nice too, but a year ago I failed in finding an adequate shade.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Assalamu alaikum

i like it looks sharper, more professional. The green was outdated and drab, change is good. Just like your living room need a lick of dulux so does the revival. The yellow or beige on left doesn't go with blue you need to match the colours.

The icons are better too.

A white background is good. Looks bright, inviting, please don't use dark colours for background.

P.S whiners if its too bright reduce contrast/brightness on your monitor

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Hajjar wrote:

Assalamu alaikum

i like it looks sharper, more professional. The green was outdated and drab, change is good. Just like your living room need a lick of dulux so does the revival.

Thanks.

Hajjar wrote:
The yellow or beige on left doesn't go with blue you need to match the colours.

Got any reccomendations. if I was into interior decorations, I would paint everything white. No need to match things up then...

Hajjar wrote:

The icons are better too.

A white background is good. Looks bright, inviting, please don't use dark colours for background.

I want it to stay light, but potentially "off white" - some thing close to it, but not exactly that.

Hajjar wrote:
P.S whiners if its too bright reduce contrast/brightness on your monitor

Biggrin

I think it's Brilliant! It looks much neater and much more classier. A definite improvement.

The blue doesn't look too bright to me at all... well not on this laptop anyway. I did at first think the white writing didn't stand out much on the blue background where it says the date and time of the post, but actually I think it looks fine now. If it was to be changed then I think black would look too heavy and stand out too much as it wouldn't really go with anything else, so maybe the dark blue/navy would look better.

If the white background looks too bright then what about a beige colour instead? Like the one behind the top article on the homepage?

The forums do stand out on the page but I think it looks ok, at least everything else down the side is in one colour too.

(And I love the new Quran feature!)

You know when you click on the 'Recent posts' or 'tracker' or whatever it's called... when you click on 'new' for each thread, it used to zoom to the first new post since you last logged on... but now it goes right to the bottom, to the most recent post. Can you change that back somehow?

Other than that, I really don't care either way. I come on here to read what people write, not to get interior design tips.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
You know when you click on the 'Recent posts' or 'tracker' or whatever it's called... when you click on 'new' for each thread, it used to zoom to the first new post since you last logged on... but now it goes right to the bottom, to the most recent post. Can you change that back somehow?

For me it still seems to behave as it did before...?

I think it's perfectly fine... on the other comp now and it's still not at all bright to me.

And it's surprising how easily you get used to it, I can't even remember what the older version looked like.

Yeah get rid of the peach colur and just tart it up a bit more, but the white looks ok.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

lol@tart it up

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Imaani wrote:
I think it's perfectly fine... on the other comp now and it's still not at all bright to me.

And it's surprising how easily you get used to it, I can't even remember what the older version looked like.

i cant either now and im really trying to remember

SMILE! its charity Wink