Syria

[size=18] US 'aiming at Syria regime change'[/size]

Israel predicted yesterday that America would impose fresh sanctions on Syria in an attempt to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad.

Shaul Mofaz, the defence minister, said he believed sanctions would follow publication of a United Nations report expected to implicate senior Syrian officials in the murder of Rafik al-Hariri, the former Lebanese prime minister.

"I won't be surprised if Syria gets a red card," Mr Mofaz told Israel radio. "[The United States] will take actions against Syria, beginning with economic sanctions and moving on to others, that will make it clear to the Syrians that their policies do not comply with UN decisions, the US's new world order or the prohibition of sovereign states to support terrorism."

On Saturday, President George W Bush and his national security council are to discuss America's options on Syria, ranging from tightening existing limited sanctions to military action.

Washington regards Syria as a transit point for fighters travelling to Iraq and a safe haven for Iraqi Ba'athists to organise and finance the insurgency. With US troops mounting repeated campaigns against insurgents in Iraqi towns along the Syrian frontier, some senior US officers advocate cross-border "hot pursuit" operations. Others call for assassinations of insurgent masterminds in Syria.

Any action will have to await the outcome of the UN investigation into Mr Hariri's murder in February.

Amid a wave of anti-Syrian anger and pressure from America and France, Mr Assad was forced to withdraw his troops from Lebanon after a presence of 29 years. He reluctantly agreed to allow the UN investigator Detlev Mehlis to question Syrian officials.

Mr Mehlis, a German prosecutor, is due to report by Oct 21. According to leaks, he will name Syrian officials, although it is unclear how far he will point the finger of blame at President Assad.

America has taken soundings from regional governments on possible successors to Mr Assad.

[url=

They haven't even gone to war with Iran yet. :roll:

you know, they may go for them the same time!

you know, don't holdall eggsin same basket. If they have a bad startin one, take the media to the other. :twisted:

But seriously, I see this as Mofaz trying to stir the situation.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Iran's supreme leader insists U.S. seeking world domination

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Iran's supreme leader accused the U.S. on Friday of seeking global domination and vowed his country would not give into demands to abandon its disputed nuclear program. Ayatollah Ali Khamenei also alleged that Washington was stirring Sunni-Shiite violence in Iraq, and criticized Muslim countries who commit the "bad deed" of recognizing Israel.

"Our main opponent in the nuclear issue is the U.S. government," Khamenei said in a Friday sermon to thousands of worshippers at Tehran University.

"The Americans claim Iran is seeking nuclear weapons. We know they are lying and the audience know they are lying too. This hard-line war-seeking government in the U.S. is seeking an empire and world domination."

Khamenei said the U.S. "will not stop in the Middle East."
"Its European partners know that when the U.S. dominates the Middle East and Asia, it won't leave Europe alone."

Last month the UN International Atomic Energy Agency warned Iran it could be hauled before the UN Security Council if it persisted with its uranium enrichment activities in violation of an agreement with Britain, France and Germany.

Iran denies charges it is seeking weapons, and argues that making nuclear fuel for peaceful purposes is a "right" it should enjoy as a signatory of the Non-Proliferation Treaty.

"Our ambitions have nothing to do with nuclear weapons. The Iranian nation will not give up this technology," Khamenei said of Iran's fuel-cycle work - which could potentially be diverted to weapons manufacture.
"The Iranian nation has a right and will demand that. The Iranian nation will not have anything imposed on it by the United States or any other country," he added, dismissing Western demands as "absurd."

The so-called EU-3 has called for Iran to abandon enrichment-related work in return for a package of trade and other incentives. Iran has ruled out making such a deal.

Khamenei also described Iraq's constitutional referendum - set to cement the position of several of Iran's allies - as a "huge act" and "not absolutely in line with what America wants."

He said the U.S. was "stressing" disputes between Shiites and Sunnis in Iraq: "The Shiite-Sunni dispute is the policy of enemies of Islam. All Iraqi groups should denounce such acts."

Khamenei also said "Islamic states must not normalize their relations with the cruel Zionist regime, which is a threat to all, to make America happy."
"It is a bad deed and should not be committed," said Khamenei, whose clerical regime openly calls for the total destruction of the state of Israel.

Well what do you lot make of the UN report which links Syria to the murder of Rafik Hariri (former Lebanese PM)?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

It doesn't actually name any person who was responsible
for the assassination of the Prime Minister of Lebanon, Rafiq Hariri.

Therefore, the report was a useless waste of money and resources by the UN.

Both Lebanese and Syrian governments have, naturally, rejected the entire report as bogus.

Omrow

[u]NEW WORLD ORDER[/u]= FREEMASONS (FOLLOWERS OF MASEEH AD DAJJAL). Time to take this as a warning and prepare for the major signs of Qiyamah

If you read the text you will see that the words NEW WORLD ORDER are used, these words are used by freemasons who are trying to bring the system of dajjal into the world. I would reccomend that you read about them, you can find a lot of details on Harun Yahya's website also.
If you did not know, the symbol of freemasons is the ALL SEEING EYE. And what did the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) warn us about dajjal

[u]Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 4.554 Narrated by Abu Huraira
Allah's Apostle said, "Shall I not tell you about the Dajjal a story of which no prophet told his nation? The Dajjall is one-eyed and will bring with him what will resemble Hell and Paradise, and what he will call Paradise will be actually Hell; so I warn you (against him) as Noah warned his nation against him." [/u]

"Muslimbrother1" wrote:

If you read the text you will see that the words NEW WORLD ORDER are used, these words are used by freemasons who are trying to bring the system of dajjal into the world. I would reccomend that you read about them, you can find a lot of details on Harun Yahya's website also.
If you did not know, the symbol of freemasons is the ALL SEEING EYE. And what did the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) warn us about dajjal

[u]Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 4.554 Narrated by Abu Huraira
Allah's Apostle said, "Shall I not tell you about the Dajjal a story of which no prophet told his nation? The Dajjall is one-eyed and will bring with him what will resemble Hell and Paradise, and what he will call Paradise will be actually Hell; so I warn you (against him) as Noah warned his nation against him." [/u]

OK...

What's that got to do with the UN report pointing to the involvement of Syrian officials in the death of former Lebannese pm Rafiq Hariri?

BBC News[/url]"][size=18]Khaddam calls for Syrian revolt[/size]

Former Syrian Vice-President Abdul Halim Khaddam says he wants to see President Bashar al-Assad ousted through a popular uprising.

Mr Khaddam told the BBC that Syrians were frustrated with the current regime and should be mobilised by the opposition groups in the country.

And he accused Mr Assad of being a traitor, denying he was one himself.

A UN inquiry implicated Syria in the murder of ex-Lebanese PM Rafik Hariri, but Damascus denies any involvement.

Speaking from Paris, where he has lived under protection since resigning his post in June 2005, Mr Khaddam said: "The Syrian people will take on themselves the responsibility for changing the government."

"Public opinion is very frustrated and the Syrian people are quite unhappy," he went on.

"There is an opposition in Syria which will find its way in leading the people to overthrow him."

[b]'Don't care for power'[/b]

Mr Khaddam said he had not asked, or been asked by, other nations to help Syria's opposition.

"I have no relations whatsoever to do with any outside country, be they Arab or foreign. I work for the sake of Syria. I believe Syria will succeed in what it needs to do."

He told the BBC World Service that he expected democratic elections would be the "natural course" after any regime overthrow.

But he denied he would seek to be president himself. "I don't seek positions. I don't care for power."

Mr Khaddam confirmed he was interviewed by UN investigators earlier in the day.

"I told them what information I held about the assassination," he said, without clarifying whether that included his previous claim that President Assad had threatened Mr Hariri.

[b]'Continue to kill'[/b]

He said that those in Syria who had described him as a traitor were doing so under pressure from Syrian intelligence.

"A traitor is he who causes harm to his country... The man who should be named as traitor is Bashar al-Assad himself," he said.

On Thursday, he told France 3 TV that the Syrian president should go to prison for his involvement in Mr Hariri's assassination in February.

President Assad has denied allegations linking him to the plot.

Mr Khaddam said he had not been surprised by the elimination of members of the Syrian opposition in Lebanon.

"Those who are behind the assassinations will continue to kill, because their goal is to cause chaos in Lebanon," he said.

"I am a target. My life is at risk, but I am not afraid."

[url= News[/url]

Money talks, BS walks?