Timeliness is next to godliness

I am always on time.
23% (12 votes)
I am mostly on time
46% (24 votes)
I'll probably be late to my own funeral!
13% (7 votes)
I am rarely on time.
6% (3 votes)
Time is an illusion.
10% (5 votes)
Time? what's that?
2% (1 vote)
Total votes: 52

I'm pretty much nearly on time, if I am late then there is always a valid excuse. I hate it when people are late, it annoys me to wait for them when I am ready.

I used to hate waiting for my instructor, it was bad enough me dreading my lessons without it being prolonged!

Yehhh! whats it with these instructors?
mine has been late for every one of his lessons! apart from the first one.. i hate waiting..i cud rather be doing sumthing useful like a good daughter and washing dishes!! Lol

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

Always on time.
Never had a problem with time issue before, I think.

im usually late
but always with a valid excuse
for some reason when i am trying to get somewhere something is holding me up
ether i lose something that i really need
or the traffic is impossible

SMILE! its charity Wink

[quote=Angelic]I'm pretty much nearly on time, if I am late then there is always a valid excuse. I hate it when people are late, it annoys me to wait for them when I am ready.

quote]

Well, what if they have a reason?

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Obviously if they have a valid excuse then that is fine. But the people I am talking about are my family/friends who just took their time getting ready, thats when it annoys me.

I am almost always on time, but I do seem to always be rushing to make it on time. This is something which I know I can easily resolve by just getting up 5 minutes earlier to get ready, so erm I really should do that.

I do think it is rude to keep people waiting so if I am actually late I do feel really bad about it. And although I can't really say it's happened often I do find it annoying and rude when I've been kept waiting. Being on time is seen as being about respect and simple courtesy, although when I'm running late it's not because I am being disrespectful but because I have just not managed my time well, it is nothing personal at all and the person/occasion is irrelevant.

I do think though that some people are just really bad at managing their time. I have a friend who is never on time. At first I found it rude and annoying, but after seeing myself that she is always late for everything, it is just something I have come to accept (and expect from her). And she never intends on being late but she's just never on time. I think possibly bad time-keeping can become a habit?

Bad time keeping can be a habit. But Iv found that people who are laid back and dont worry too much are the ones that are late often. Their simple solution is just to call/text the person waiting telling them they are nearly there.

Not necessarally, that's called being slack.
Laid back doesn't mean lazy.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Salam

Get it right.

Timelessness is Godliness

Omrow

The Lamp wrote:

Laid back doesn't mean lazy.

I didnt say laid back = lazy

I just meant they worry less.