What's your carbon footprint?

... and more importantly why should you care?

I find the whole concept ridiculous.

The news is that hospitals may try to reduce their carbon footprint by taking . While I do not disagree with that happening itself, the reasoning I find imbecilic.

Can I also add that I suspect that some of the nonsense about global warming will potentially be put to rest this year...

Things need to be sustainable, but measuring carbon footprint etc is useless IMO.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

It's not just that.

Does a bulb made on the other side of the world using exotic chemicals producing exotic waste and then shipped all the way around the world to your house produce less waste overall than a locally manufactured traditional light bulb - even if the former uses less energy when in use?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

energy efficiency is good. A noble goal IMO.

But the energy efficient bulbs are more expensive and cause a different type of toxic waste.

That toxic waste probably has a lower carbon footprint, but does it mean that it is better?

Nuclear waste has a very small carbon footprint... maybe even negative because it stops the use of coal/gas/oil!

wednesday wrote:
Oh you mean energy efficient and blah de blah? (I am the least likely to be energy efficient! Lol )

Why is that?

wednesday wrote:
You wrote:
wednesday wrote:
Oh you mean energy efficient and blah de blah? (I am the least likely to be energy efficient! Lol )

Why is that?

because I smell nice?

lol, doesnt perfume attract shaitan?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

lol!

o ye btw jus cuz i dnt wear perfume doesnt mean i smell! just thought id make that clear Smile

cleanliness is half ur deen! Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

Where did you get that from?

Sounds like one of those "alcohol is the urine of a camel" type statements...

You wrote:
ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

Where did you get that from?

Sounds like one of those "alcohol is the urine of a camel" type statements...

lol, erm i cnt remember tbh :S either read it somewhere or someone told me?

but the reason for it was probably not to attract the amorous attentions of the opposite gender - so a way to protect the chastity.

Firstly sorry bout going off topic You, but seeing as its come up...

wednesday wrote:
I too was taught that Baligh unmarried ladies mustn't wear perfume.

it also attracts attention from men? i think iv heard/read that too

But hunting for a wife is allowed and a noble deed!

You would have to ask the scholars who put the prohibition down/passed it on in the first place.

I would guess that the amount of it would matter?

and these days not wearing any may cause more attention than actually wearing some.

Weird stuff (and I do find it hard to always agree with scholars. A personal flaw in me that is of a massive scale.)

As for perfume - not a big fan of it. antiperspirant is where its at.

You wrote:

As for perfume - not a big fan of it. antiperspirant is where its at.

as long as u use something Wink lol

You wrote:

Weird stuff (and I do find it hard to always agree with scholars. A personal flaw in me that is of a massive scale.)

Why do you think that is? Is it because they (tend to be) old and 'they don't understand me! NOBODY understands me!' or is it something else?

I will ignore the fact that you should put the full stop after the end of the brakets.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I sometimes see "flaws" in some logic used. Of course that could just mean that I am wrong, but that can be hard to accept.

I also think that there is a lack of critical thought around.

You wrote:
I sometimes see "flaws" in some logic used. Of course that could just mean that I am wrong, but that can be hard to accept.

I also think that there is a lack of critical thought around.

Certainly there are loads of scholars/non-scholars who don't use logic. And if you try to put logic into the argument they say things like "who knows best? You or Allah (swt)?"

But thankfuly, in Syria I have learned that logic IS a fundamental principal to use in rulings.

And I have discovered the way that this gives us flexibility and support.

but am I not just a pleb without knowledge playing with an uzi?

You wrote:
but am I not just a pleb without knowledge playing with an uzi?

No. You're playing with a diamond.

Is that good or bad?