Man refuses to drive 'No God' bus

Man refuses to drive 'No God' bus

A Christian bus driver has refused to drive a bus with an atheist slogan proclaiming "There's probably no God".

Ron Heather, from Southampton, Hampshire, responded with "shock" and "horror" at the message and walked out of his shift on Saturday in protest.

First Bus said it would do everything in its power to ensure Mr Heather does not have to drive the buses.

Buses across Britain started displaying atheist messages in an advertising campaign launched earlier this month.

Mr Heather told BBC Radio Solent: "I was just about to board and there it was staring me in the face, my first reaction was shock horror.

Read more @

I know there was another topic from a few months on this originally, but I cannot seem to find it.

Anyway, I say good on him.

If everyone had the strength to stand up for what they believe in, maybe the world would be a better place...

Or there would be more chaos as there would be less compromise.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Anonymous123 wrote:
You wrote:
I know there was another topic from a few months on this originally, but I cannot seem to find it.

If everyone had the strength to stand up for what they believe in, maybe the world would be a better place...

Would it be wrong for muslims to travel on the buses which have those slogans....

I doubt it. Its not like you have a choice as to what is advertised there.

Best you can do is probably let the bus company know that your fare is potentially on the line... but it would be an idle threat IMO.

As for a bus driver - while not promoting the advert, the fact is by driving the bus, more people see it.

Still no blame in driving it, but I am totally for this person who has decided to not drive those with the slogan.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Someone standing up for their religion, well that got to be good isnt it?
Might inspire others to do the same.

On a side note, would it be fair if travelcoach started carrying banners saying:

"Haha! Those First Travel suckers are gonna burn in hell."

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Isn't First a private Travel Company? So why is there a question about in it's power? Why not just amke sure he doesn't have to drive it.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Good on him, for speaking out.
But i don't think those Ad's are bad. They make people think about God. Ain't that a good thing?
It'd be good if muslims did Ad's like that! Wink

'Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets' Baba Ali

Err... there ARE adverts in this style about Islam. That's why they started the atheist buses.

There is 'Islam is Peace' or something, and one about 'proud to be a British Muslim'.

Keep up!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Not everyone lives in London, they're's only the atheist one where I'm from.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

is the 'anti God' brigade not a religion unto itself ?

BDB wrote:

is the 'anti God' brigade not a religion unto itself ?

No.

Anonymous123 wrote:
Anonymous123 wrote:
You wrote:

Would it be wrong for Muslims to travel on the buses which have those slogans....

we are in a kuffar country......if we stopped going on buses that had something offensive to Islam on it ie, advertisements and slogans then the places we could go would be very limited
because it's not just on the buses it's pretty much every where!!!

kenza wrote:
Anonymous123 wrote:
Anonymous123 wrote:
You wrote:

Would it be wrong for Muslims to travel on the buses which have those slogans....

we are in a kuffar country......if we stopped going on buses that had something offensive to Islam on it ie, advertisements and slogans then the places we could go would be very limited

Err... the UK is a country that allows freedom of religion.

This is not the same as a 'kuffar country'.

Soviet Russia, or even modern-day China would be appropriate (perhaps), but the UK CERTAINLY doesn't desereve that title.

You are free to live in a Muslim-majority country if you so wish.

Try Syria... it's illegal to pray in the army (and national service is compulsory for most males).

Ya'qub wrote:

Try Syria... it's illegal to pray in the army (and national service is compulsory for most males).

Pray whenever you're in the army? Or just when you're on patrols?

Ya'qub wrote:
kenza wrote:
Anonymous123 wrote:
Anonymous123 wrote:
You wrote:

Soviet Russia, or even modern-day China would be appropriate (perhaps), but the UK CERTAINLY doesn't desereve that title.

what was the need to be rude???

no this country claims to allow freedom of religion...i however know better!
maybe you can't see the britain that many muslimahs see,maybe you don't see the UK that i see!

the day I can walk in the streets and not get sworn and spat at the day I'm not called a rag head......will be the day i believe it!!!!

we are under kuffar rule...we have to abide by kuffar law,yes I'm told I'm allowed to be Muslim here but am i respected....no!!!!

and yes i so wish to live in a Muslim-majority country...and that is way god willing i will be leaving this hell whole in a few month inshallah.

you can say that this is not a kafir country till you blue in the face but the truth is it is!!!!

all these countries are the same doesn't matter if it's china the UK or Russia!!!!!

kenza wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
kenza wrote:
Anonymous123 wrote:
Anonymous123 wrote:
You wrote:

maybe you can't see the britain that many muslimahs see,maybe you don't see the UK that i see!

the day I can walk in the streets and not get sworn and spat at the day I'm not called a rag head......will be the day i believe it!!!!

we are under kuffar rule...we have to abide by kuffar law,yes I'm told I'm allowed to be Muslim here but am i respected....no!!!!

and yes i so wish to live in a Muslim-majority country...and that is way god willing i will be leaving this hell whole in a few month inshallah.

you can say that this is not a kafir country till you blue in the face but the truth is it is!!!!

all these countries are the same doesn't matter if it's china the UK or Russia!!!!!

'Hell hole' (no 'w' in 'hole'.)

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Dawud wrote:
kenza wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
kenza wrote:
Anonymous123 wrote:
Anonymous123 wrote:
You wrote:

and yes i so wish to live in a Muslim-majority country...and that is way god willing i will be leaving this hell hole in a few month inshallah.

'Hell hole' (no 'w' in 'hole'.)

thank you for pointing that out but is that really all you could say??? it was just one spelling mistake....big deal.
by the way i don't mean to be rude.....

Is there a different country you would rather be in?

There are some racism, prejudice here, but IMO it is far better than elsewhere.

But maybe that opinion is prejudiced by me being a guy?

(and can people stop stacking up the quotes? it gets hard to read.)

and yes i so wish to live in a Muslim-majority country...and that is way god willing i will be leaving this hell hole in a few month inshallah.

Congratulations, but there is a chance the the grass just looks greened elsewhere. I may be wrong though and inshallah you will find a placer where the people respect you.

You wrote:
Is there a different country you would rather be in?

There are some racism, prejudice here, but IMO it is far better than elsewhere.

But maybe that opinion is prejudiced by me being a guy?

(and can people stop stacking up the quotes? it gets hard to read.)

Congratulations, but there is a chance the the grass just looks greened elsewhere. I may be wrong though and inshallah you will find a placer where the people respect you.

no the grass doesn't just look greener on the other side...it is greener i inshallah will be going back to my home land.....yes i was born here but no i don't feel British and a most certainly don't feel free to practice my deen here.

i don't mean to be sexist because i know that brothers face a hard time here too!

I'm not saying your being prejudice I'm just saying that maybe you don't find it as hard here as i and many other sisters do that's all

kenza wrote:
Dawud wrote:

(no 'w' in 'hole'.)

thank you for pointing that out but is that really all you could say??? it was just one spelling mistake....big deal.

It was a small joke to deflate your rant. Biggrin

You wanna live in a Muslim majority country? Good for you, go get some of that Suhba. And if you spiritually make it big time, don't forget where you came from- if you catch my drift.

I disagree with the extent of negativity that you have for the UK, but that's okay, our different opinions can coexist. I would say that "ghayr mu'min" is not necessarily "Kafir". As Ya'qub once pointed out somewhere before, 'kafir' implies a sense of ingratitude, where a person ddeliberately rejects faith despite knowing it to be true. 'None believer' is just a none believer which I think is more appropriate for today's non-Muslims.

Anyway, enjoy your Jumu'ah.

Dawud wrote:
kenza wrote:
Dawud wrote:

(no 'w' in 'hole'.)

It was a small joke to deflate your rant. Biggrin

You wanna live in a Muslim majority country? Good for you, go get some of that Suhba. And if you spiritually make it big time, don't forget where you came from- if you catch my drift.

I disagree with the extent of negativity that you have for the UK, but that's okay, our different opinions can coexist. I would say that "ghayr mu'min" is not necessarily "Kafir". As Ya'qub once pointed out somewhere before, 'kafir' implies a sense of ingratitude, where a person ddeliberately rejects faith despite knowing it to be true. 'None believer' is just a none believer which I think is more appropriate for today's non-Muslims.

Anyway, enjoy your Jumu'ah.

so if you have a problem with me using the word kafir then maybe munafiqun would be better!!!

the problem here is that Muslims are to comfortable in non Muslim countries....now you don't have to agree with me just like i don't agree with you on this topic but that's khair.....at the end of the day you live where you feel you can practice your deen well,and i feel i can't do that here, or in any munafiq based country!
fiamanillah kenza

Personally, I feel that the biggest factor in me not being able to practice Islam properly is my own weakness.

It is 'too easy' to blame anybody/everybody else. Especially because the vast (it means 'very big') majority of people couldn't care less what we believe in or how we worship, as long as we don't disturb them by doing it.

Ya'qub wrote:
Personally, I feel that the biggest factor in me not being able to practice Islam properly is my own weakness.

It is 'too easy' to blame anybody/everybody else. Especially because the vast (it means 'very big') majority of people couldn't care less what we believe in or how we worship, as long as we don't disturb them by doing it.

i'm sure we all know what vast means....i have got all my GCSE's and A levels!!!!!

kenza wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

i'm sure we all know what vast means....i have got all my GCSE's and A levels!!!!!

Well it was a just-in-case act of consideration...And not necessarily for YOUR benefit
i don't think it was a slight against your intelligence :roll:

Thanks Cubey Wink

And i agree with both sides tbh...

I think the synthesis for me here would be that environment can make being a 'Good' Muslim more difficult or easier but really in the grand scheme of things, God knows everything about you, your intentions, your thoughts, Everything....And I think you can only really be a 'true' Muslim if you are inside AND out...

If you lack the drive or motivation, then it doesn't matter WHERE you are, you won't do it or you'll do it half-heartedly or with the 'wrong' intentions...

Similarly, if you MEAN to do something and WANT to for all the 'right' reasons but you CAN'T, then it's alright if you're not allowed to show it outwardly, no one can stifle your innermost thoughts and opinions and God will know...

But of course, that's just my opinion.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Kenza, so you feel that Muslims aren't respected here, does that remind you of something that happened 1400 years ago? No? The difference is that then, it was virtually everybody doing it. In Britain, at least a huge chunk of the population are tolerant and decent.
Whilst, the Sahaba had only themselves to protect them, most police officers here will take you seriously, even though there is some discrimination.
Which is why I want to work within the system to overcome that, we are SO lucky if we compare ourselves to the Sahaba. Arguably we are more free to practice Islam in the UK than in other Muslim countries, and sometimes I feel that there is more Sharia here in th UK. Don't believe me? What about things like free healthcare, freedom of debate (mostly), habeas corpus and innocent until proven guilty, aren't they Islamic principles? Are they displayed as well in the so called "Muslim" countries? I don't think so, when we compare ourselves to the Sahaba, then we'll realise how lucky we are.