Rent-a-friend in Japan

Rent-a-friend in Japan

In Japan, now back in recession, the economic situation has taken a sharp turn for the worse in recent months. But the Japanese still like to use their money to have fun, as Duncan Bartlett has been finding out.

Lola - or Rora - to give her a slightly more Japanese pronounciation - is a beauty and she knows it.

Customers pay by the hour for her company. Usually they just want to stroke her, but as a special treat for favoured clients, she will lie back in a chair, close her eyes and pose for photographs.

Lola is a Persian cat who works at the Ja La La Cafe in Tokyo's bustling Akihabara district. It is one of a growing number of Cat Cafes in the city which provide visitors with short but intimate encounters with professional pets.

When I called, there were 12 felines and seven customers, mostly single men.

Read more @

I guess its true what they say about guys.

All they think about is:

sex, money, sex, money, sex, money, cats

lol

When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it is not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.

"Lola - or Rora - to give her a slightly more Japanese pronounciation - is a beauty and she knows it.

Customers pay by the hour for her company. Usually they just want to stroke her, but as a special treat for favoured clients, she will lie back in a chair, close her eyes and pose for photographs."

Haha, that made me laugh. I thought it was about a Geisha Lol

And i was so not expecting "Lola is a Persian cat" < LOL.
"....Provide visitors with short but intimate encounters with professional pets" Shok Ewwwww.

That's icky.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:

"....Provide visitors with short but intimate encounters with professional pets" Shok Ewwwww.

Sounds like sexual abuse, poor pets!

I thought it was a Geisha too.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Midnight wrote:

sex, money, sex, money, sex, money, cats

Lol

Interesting though. Single guys get happy by chilling with cats?

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Angelic wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:

Sounds like sexual abuse, poor pets!

This one doesn't seem to mind...
She's a beauty and she knows it remember? Blum 3

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Yeah, but the big bosses of the sex trade say: "They enjoy it and want it, so it's OK to treat them as objects."

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

erm... I am quite sure the animal is NOT used in a sexual capacity.

More a company thing.

Japan is a crazy place.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

How lame!

(and I do suspect the above link is a form of spam trying to get the google links count for the site up.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.