Jews and Jesus

54 posts / 0 new
Last post

[quote=Allahuakbar]Hey, do most people here agree that the one eyed symbol on the $1 bill (as well as other places) is about dajjal???[/quo

its pretty obvious it is

Ya'qub wrote:
knowledge_isthe_key wrote:
Joie de Vivre wrote:
Where is it in the Quran?

Thanks, I correct myself it is not in the Quran , but in hadiths and sayings of the prophet(pbuh)

The Qur'an doesn't mention the Dajjal by name, like the Hadith. A couple of hadith describe the Dajjal as follows:

The Prophet mentioned the Massiah Ad-Dajjal in front of the people saying the Ad-Dajjal is blind in the right eye and his eye looks like a bulging out grape. While sleeping near the Ka'ba last night, I saw in my dream a man of brown color the best one can see amongst brown color and his hair was long that it fell between his shoulders. His hair was lank and water was dribbling from his head and he was placing his hands on the shoulders of two men while circumambulating the Kaaba. I asked, 'Who is this?' They replied, 'This is Jesus(Isa), son of Mary(Maryam).' Behind him I saw a man who had very curly hair and was blind in the right eye, resembling Ibn Qatan (i.e. an infidel) in appearance. He was placing his hands on the shoulders of a person while performing Tawaf around the Ka'ba. I asked, 'Who is this? 'They replied, 'The Masih, Ad-Dajjal.' "[2]

Is Wikipedia a valid authority in Islamic theology?

no not if i was doing a university thesis on it, but i think for a laid back internet forum it will suffice, im sure people are capable of doing there own research on such issues

knowledge_isthe_key][quote=Allahuakbar wrote:
Hey, do most people here agree that the one eyed symbol on the $1 bill (as well as other places) is about dajjal???[/quo

its pretty obvious it is

Thats what I thought. Hmmmmmm. Interesting.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

i was watching a programme with Abdur Raheem Green and he said Orthodox Jews would not accept people who are decide to be Jewish, people who aren't born Jew's. so like they wouldnt be proper Jews? Is this true? Why is this?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
i was watching a programme with Abdur Raheem Green and he said Orthodox Jews would not accept people who are decide to be Jewish, people who aren't born Jew's. so like they wouldnt be proper Jews? Is this true? Why is this?

It's not true.

You can convert to Judaism.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ok Thank You

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Is the above post on the correct topic?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Do Jews believe an anti-Christ (or anti-messiah if u prefer?) will come, too?

btw i was watching "debate night" on Ummah channel yesterday,Hamza Tzortzis was on there. It was pretty good...no this isn't relevant at all just saw wednesday's post mention his name so thought id let u all know about this lol

Jews reject Jesus. they slander his holy mother Maryam, they called her a sinful woman who got pregnant outside marriage, astaghfiruallah. Lanat on them. may they all disappear from this earth and in the next life may God burn them all in the fire of hell forever and ever. how dare they tell lies about holy people whom God loves.
God hates jews because of their crimes and soon Iran will destroy them all. I hope Israel sinks like Titanic. Ameen. its a cursed racist and evil country that murders innocent women and children in gaza and collectively punishes the entire population. how evil can you get they are committing a genocide; these jews have no mercy in their hearts so God shows them no mercy. they will forever suffer and incur the wrath of God.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

Elijah was an israelite prophet who apparently taken up alive by god and remains alive in heaven. He will apparently return to earth too.

Elijah was an israelite prophet who apparently taken up alive by god and remains alive in heaven. He will apparently return to earth too.

there's two apparently here...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

“The Talmud claims that this Yeshu was the son of a Jewish woman named Miriam (Mary) who was betrothed to a carpenter (more accurately, their marriage was in the stage of kiddushin, where she is legally his wife but not yet living with him or having sexual relations with him). She was either raped or voluntarily slept with a Greek or Roman soldier known as Pandeira, and Yeshu was the product of that union. Because of the status of Miriam’s marriage, Yeshu is considered to be a mamzer (usually mistranslated as “bastard”, it means the product of an adulterous or incestuous relationship). Some say that he was also a ben-niddah (conceived through intercourse with a woman in a state of menstrual impurity, which is also said to leave a stain on the offspring). The Talmud describes Yeshu as a heretic who dabbled in sorcery and lead the people astray (into idolatry). He was stoned to death by the Sanhedrin for his crimes, and in accordance with the procedure for heretics, his dead body was hung in a tree until nightfall after his death.

Were Jesus and Yeshu the same person? Many Jewish sages in history believed so.”

( )

“… the Jewish Encyclopœdia admits that Jewish legends concerning Jesus are found in the Talmud and Midrash and in ” the life of Jesus ( Toledot Yeshu) that originated in the Middle Ages. It is the tendency of all these sources to belittlethe person of Jesus by ascribing to Him illegitimate birth, magic, and a shameful death. “

Jewish Encyclopædia, article on Jesus; as Cited in: Nesta H. Webster,” Secret Societies and Subversive Movements”, p. 20; Omni Publications, 1964

Talmud

book Zohar, III, (282) :

“Jesus died like a beast and was buried in that “dirt heap…where they throw the dead bodies of dogs and asses, and where the sons of Esau [the Christians] and of Ismael [the Turks], also Jesus and Mahommed, uncircumcized and unclean like dead dogs, are buried.”

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

that's interesting, hope joey gives his opinion or explanation

With regards to Jewish people and Jesus,

this seems a good and quite easy site.

"In Jewish law, worship of a three-part god is considered idolatry; one of the three cardinal sins for which a person should rather give up his life than transgress. "

And supposedly Jesus was not a Messiah, because he didn't 'meet the qualifications' of one.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Joey, do you consider Jewish people being referred to as 'Jews', offensive?

(I certainly did not mean to be, nor had I thought it could be, until tonight)

Not really. For a while it was unfashionable to objectify, because it can sound like you have something racist to say or whiff of insensitivity if you say something about Jews or Muslims or whites or blacks or whatever, especially preceded by "the", as opposed to "Jewish people" or "Muslim people" or maybe something like "devout...". Since the world has become very fractured and there has been a lot of conversation about ethnicities it doesn't seem a big deal but we probably should preserve our colloquial safeguards.

As for Jesus and the Talmud:

What does Mohammed say about Baháullah or Joseph Smith?

Christians believe Jesus was God's son who abrogated God's earlier commands, and they follow Jesus as described in the gospels. Jews do not believe that and don't have a religious interest in Jesus. I might have my own way of visualising who he was and what he was doing but these things do not much bother me. The core of the Talmud - which is comprised of lengthy comparisons of different opinions and usually an indication of the preferred arguments - was being compiled for many years before and after Jesus. Rabbis then had plenty to say about him, but I am not particularly picking through what they said. Those discussions aren't taught in schools. Anyone who like Hajjar comes on here citing antisemitic sources (nowhere in the discussion on that site has anyone asked if Jews are being disserviced at all or expressed concern about the Jew-bashing; far from it) I am not particularly interested in chatting with anyway - even if it is interesting (sorry Ya'qub). Rawrrs is correct, and a rolling stone. Smile

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Joie de Vivre wrote:

Not really. For a while it was unfashionable to objectify, because it can sound like you have something racist to say or whiff of insensitivity if you say something about Jews or Muslims or whites or blacks or whatever, especially preceded by "the", as opposed to "Jewish people" or "Muslim people" or maybe something like "devout...". Since the world has become very fractured and there has been a lot of conversation about ethnicities it doesn't seem a big deal but we probably should preserve our colloquial safeguards.

As for Jesus and the Talmud:

What does Mohammed say about Baháullah or Joseph Smith?

Christians believe Jesus was God's son who abrogated God's earlier commands, and they follow Jesus as described in the gospels. Jews do not believe that and don't have a religious interest in Jesus. I might have my own way of visualising who he was and what he was doing but these things do not much bother me. The core of the Talmud - which is comprised of lengthy comparisons of different opinions and usually an indication of the preferred arguments - was being compiled for many years before and after Jesus. Rabbis then had plenty to say about him, but I am not particularly picking through what they said. Those discussions aren't taught in schools. Anyone who like Hajjar comes on here citing antisemitic sources (nowhere in the discussion on that site has anyone asked if Jews are being disserviced at all or expressed concern about the Jew-bashing; far from it) I am not particularly interested in chatting with anyway - even if it is interesting (sorry Ya'qub). Rawrrs is correct, and a rolling stone. Smile

OK, fair enough. so you are waiting for the Messiah? What about other prophets? Does the Talmud say there will be other messengers?

and also, why would views on Jesus (as) not be taught in schools within a wider Christian society?

Joie de Vivre wrote:
Rawrrs is correct, and a rolling stone. Smile

Biggrin Biggrin

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Ya'qub wrote:

OK, fair enough. so you are waiting for the Messiah?

Or the Messiah is waiting for me, or .

Quote:
What about other prophets? Does the Talmud say there will be other messengers?

I'm just not into the predictions and the personalities.

Quote:
and also, why would views on Jesus (as) not be taught in schools within a wider Christian society?

Most of the Talmud is concerned with mussar (good conduct) and halacha (legal requirements) and non-PC segues about Jesus don't fit. Maybe charedi schools teach gory parts but I doubt it, those things you can study more responsibly in an adult Yeshiva. Since Christianity is a proselytising religion it is viewed with suspicion but the less said the better - education is not such a politicised or even theocratic thing as that. A commitment to observance is a given and study is designed to help, there is nothing to prove. Judaism is not a proselytising religion.
  • It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Without meaning to sound rude, that kinda sounds a bit like brushing things under the carpet. Maybe I'm getting this wrong, is it the role of specific people rather than the wider community to discuss things head on?
Sorry if u think I'm being too prying but I don't really get to ask this to other ppl & tbh iv never thought of the issue before.
P.s does that mean islam is seen with distrust because is proselilysing too?
P.p.s that is not my personal statement.

how were the quotes i posted anti-semitic? Were they not from the Talmud, were they taken out of context misunderstood? Notice there was no commentary on those quotes, just pure quotes. Are they false quotes?

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

I think he meant the seeking ilm website.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

ok, i didnt realise it was anti semitic, i came across the quote so i thought i'd post it up. i mean i always knew jews didn't have a high opinion on isa (as) via islamic articles i've read, but i hadn't come across or researched into jewish sources.

Pages