Jews and Jesus

i was just wondering, do Jews believe in Jesus/ hazrat Isa (as)? i always thought they did, but not for any particular reason. i just thought of the bible; the old testament is the Jews and the new is Christian's so they must believe in him << (im not sure if that makes sense)
but i dont Actually know...

I am not the best person to answer, but here goes - AFAIK, they do not Accept Prophet Isa as a prophet, but there are some that do think he may have been as pious Jewish person.

A separate question - are people of the judaic faiths waiting for/expecting any further messengers?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
I am not the best person to answer, but here goes - AFAIK, they do not Accept Prophet Isa as a prophet, but there are some that do think he may have been as pious Jewish person.

A separate question - are people of the judaic faiths waiting for/expecting any further messengers?

What did nimrod the roman emperor (king of 'Judea'- 'Ju' for short, different spelling ; 'Jew') do upon hearing that Jesus Christ (a.s) was to arrive on earth, prior to His (a.s)'s first coming ?

There is some debate about Jesus in relation to the Jewish body and plenty of interesting research but he is not a central or revered figure in Judaism and stories of Jesus feature in the New Testament, which is Christian, not in the T'nach, the Old Testament, which is Jewish.

Many Jews have the tradition that there will be a Messiah, a redeemer at the end times. Some hold that the Messiah is not a person but refers to the new age.

I have no idea what this is about Nimrod being a Roman king of Judea. He was a pagan emperor around the time of Abraham.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Jew de vermin wrote:
There is some debate about Jesus in relation to the Jewish body and plenty of interesting research but he is not a central or revered figure in Judaism and stories of Jesus feature in the New Testament, which is Christian, not in the T'nach, the Old Testament, which is Jewish.

Many Jews have the tradition that there will be a Messiah, a redeemer at the end times. Some hold that the Messiah is not a person but refers to the new age.

they didnt like jesus ... they betrayed him and sold him out to the romans

their messiah was jesus ...they jus couldnt accept it

Unity of muslims
Power to Hamas
Free palestine
Peace in Gaza

valorous_warrior wrote:
Jew de vile wrote:

Absolutely. What a genius. Now why am I not sympathetic to your views?

Can you stop with calling another member vile please? Its not acceptable, not Islamic and not a good human reaction.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Jew de vulgar wrote:
valorous_warrior wrote:
Jew de vacuous wrote:

Absolutely. What a genius.

thank you i know i am

Unity of muslims
Power to Hamas
Free palestine
Peace in Gaza

valorous_warrior wrote:
Jew de vulgar wrote:
valorous_warrior wrote:
Jew de vacuous wrote:

Absolutely. What a genius.

thank you i know i am

My, what a valorous warrior! Biggrin

Joie de Vivre wrote:
valorous_warrior wrote:
Jew de vile wrote:

Absolutely. What a genius. Now why am I not sympathetic to your views?

I think he means the Jews around that time, while those that accepted him became believers/Muslims, now they would be referred to as Christians.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Joie de Vivre wrote:

I have no idea what this is about Nimrod being a Roman king of Judea. He was a pagan emperor around the time of Abraham.

thank you for that Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

BD Brother wrote:
You wrote:

What did nimrod the roman emperor (king of 'Judea'- 'Ju' for short, different spelling ; 'Jew') do upon hearing that Jesus Christ (a.s) was to arrive on earth, prior to His (a.s)'s first coming ?

'king herod', not nimrod. my mistake

Young Anonymous Muslimah wrote:
Is their messiah that they are waiting 4 dajjal?
dunno if its true, just heard it sumwhere.

No idea.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Salaam

I was at an interfaith programme on The Messiah a month agao and this is from the notes I made:

The Hebrew word for the Messiah is Mashee-akh (that's how he pronounce it. Sometimes he said Mashi-ah, I'm not surehow Hebrew grammar works.) It means (like the Arabic "Meseeh") "The annointed one." Annointing is a ritual of wiping water or oil or perfume over something or someone. It symbolises God's grace and sacntity and was performed upon the kings and priesthood. The ritual of annointing dates back to king David (Nabi Dawud) AS who was first annointed (can't rememeber the name of the person who performed the annointing but I'm sure he is a Prophet AS in the Muslim tradition.)

It is quite significant that annointing dates back to King David because the early concepts of the Messiah was a person called Mashee-akh ben Daaveed. Meaning, the Messiah from the house of David.

According to Deuteronomy, Isiah (a later Prophet) shifted the focus of Messiah from a descendant of David to a future king of Israel who would rule with the justice and good qualities of King David.

Jewish history features many figure who proclaimed themselves to be the Messiah and Jesus Christ AS is seen as ine such figure. ('Christ' by the way means Messiah.)

After the early period of the "Meshee-akh ben Daaveed" concept, Jewish writings began to take on a new dimension of the Messiah. He began to be pictured as a liberator who return the Jewish people to their promised land.

Their were some dvisions in the Jewish community and later writings cdescribe the Messiah as "Mashee-akh ben Yousaf" rather than as "Mashee-akh ben Daaveed" this may have been an attempt to unite the seperate divisions within the community. Whatever the reasons fors it, the lineage of the Messiah returned to the House of David.

The role of the Messiah in the Jewish tradition cannot be understated. He is frequently mentioned in Jewish prayers, blessings and greetings. There is even a ritual on a Jewish festival (I can't remember which festival) of leaving a glass of wine for Elijah, the herald of The Messiah, and children watch the glass to see if the wine decreases! I personally find this comparable to the Christian(?) tradition of leaving a glass of milk for santa on Christmans eve.

The importance of the Messiah for Jewish people is not som much "The Messiah" as "The age he will herald". A time of great peace. This point is further reinforced by the fact that the darkest day of the Jewish calender the 9th of Av is also the birthday of the Messiah. This is the Messiah for Jewish people, the light of hope in times of darkness.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Young Anonymous Muslimah wrote:
Is their messiah that they are waiting 4 dajjal?
dunno if its true, just heard it sumwhere.

">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jWnACKZBc9M]

">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jWnACKZBc9M]

wednesday wrote:
That eye looks like the left eye of a normal two-eyed human. It's an eye of a human who has already been to planet earth.

Features of the eye and surrounding tissue. I would suggest that you read up on Ocular anatomy and physiology.

the eye is not important its what the eye represents

lol ofcourse its an human eye whats ur point?

more things to expand your horizons of peoples close-mindedness

">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_kWkxh_Kn9Q]

">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fBIthwLN0iI&feature=related]

wednesday wrote:
Close minded: Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas.

By you taking the one eye thing too seriously, you are being "close minded"

AND I see NO point in you shuffling up the past just to prove a point rather than using it to your benefit to think logically and work ahead. Get rid of your ocular refraction error dude.

Im baffled by your comments lol

im not taking the one eye thing serious i assume your not muslim?

because muslims believe in the djallal ...who will have ONE-EYE ...its in the Quran, Hadiths and many sayings by the prophet (p.b.u.h)

i wasnt refering to you as close-minded , jus people in general or believe everything the media / government and school books tell them...sometimes you have to think outside the box

sometimes knowing everything means you know nothing

">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VIvsNTIOSIY]

knowledge_isThe_key wrote:

I assume you know that making takfir is not a nice thing to do.

Ooh, and haram too!

Ya'qub wrote:
knowledge_isThe_key wrote:

I assume you know that making takfir is not a nice thing to do.

Ooh, and haram too!

I apologise if they are muslims, i really dont know, i just assume cuz he was making mockery of muslim beliefs that the anti-christ will have one eye

which is in the quran , hadiths and sayings of the prophet(pbuh)

Where is it in the Quran?

wednesday wrote:
(lemme check me belief box... yep it's there).

+1

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

No, it was just witty.

Final year project still needs work and I've gote lots of lovely tests in the comming weeks. Biggrin

The project is annoying, you want to do the best you can, but you're limited by your lack of extensive technical knowledge. Instead I'm settling for combining two existing ideas.

I'm doing an engineering degree so my project is a little more pratical than a dissertation. Its on harvesting energy from the ocean.

I really wanted to try electroactive polymers (materials that give off a charge when they're vibrated) and mix that up with other stuff, but I don't know enough about it. So I'm just going to mix a floating Oscillating Water Column with some sort of attenuater.

Joie de Vivre wrote:

Thanks, I correct myself it is not in the Quran , but in hadiths and sayings of the prophet(pbuh)

The Qur'an doesn't mention the Dajjal by name, like the Hadith. A couple of hadith describe the Dajjal as follows:

The Prophet mentioned the Massiah Ad-Dajjal in front of the people saying the Ad-Dajjal is blind in the right eye and his eye looks like a bulging out grape. While sleeping near the Ka'ba last night, I saw in my dream a man of brown color the best one can see amongst brown color and his hair was long that it fell between his shoulders. His hair was lank and water was dribbling from his head and he was placing his hands on the shoulders of two men while circumambulating the Kaaba. I asked, 'Who is this?' They replied, 'This is Jesus(Isa), son of Mary(Maryam).' Behind him I saw a man who had very curly hair and was blind in the right eye, resembling Ibn Qatan (i.e. an infidel) in appearance. He was placing his hands on the shoulders of a person while performing Tawaf around the Ka'ba. I asked, 'Who is this? 'They replied, 'The Masih, Ad-Dajjal.' "[2]

Hey, do most people here agree that the one eyed symbol on the $1 bill (as well as other places) is about dajjal???

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

knowledge_isthe_key wrote:
Joie de Vivre wrote:

Thanks, I correct myself it is not in the Quran , but in hadiths and sayings of the prophet(pbuh)

The Qur'an doesn't mention the Dajjal by name, like the Hadith. A couple of hadith describe the Dajjal as follows:

The Prophet mentioned the Massiah Ad-Dajjal in front of the people saying the Ad-Dajjal is blind in the right eye and his eye looks like a bulging out grape. While sleeping near the Ka'ba last night, I saw in my dream a man of brown color the best one can see amongst brown color and his hair was long that it fell between his shoulders. His hair was lank and water was dribbling from his head and he was placing his hands on the shoulders of two men while circumambulating the Kaaba. I asked, 'Who is this?' They replied, 'This is Jesus(Isa), son of Mary(Maryam).' Behind him I saw a man who had very curly hair and was blind in the right eye, resembling Ibn Qatan (i.e. an infidel) in appearance. He was placing his hands on the shoulders of a person while performing Tawaf around the Ka'ba. I asked, 'Who is this? 'They replied, 'The Masih, Ad-Dajjal.' "[2]

Is Wikipedia a valid authority in Islamic theology?

Not always, some things it says are just ridiculous, so don't take anything at face value.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Pages