Tawaqqal Alallah

"Trust in Allah (swt)"

What does it mean?

How should it be used? How do YOU use it in life?

Trust what happens to you or any decisions youv made to carry out however Allah swt wants.
Trust that whatever you do for islamic reasons are for good.

I like this topic.
Im not sure how Im interpretating it though.

Can you trust in Allah (swt) 'too much'? I say this because sometimes I think I 'trust' in Allah (swt) so much, that in some ways it doesn't matter what I do, because I 'trust' that Allah (swt) will forgive me for everything. This means that, perhaps, I am not concerned with I sin.

I am also not concerned if I don't see my character 'improving' as the days and months fly by. I 'trust' that Allah (swt) will keep me alive long enough to 'make up for my sins' and/or 'improve myself' eventually.

Is this real 'trust', or is it self-delusion?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

wednesday wrote:
I see faith, belief.

To some extent. But surely, if my trust in Allah (swt) was pure, wouldn't I 'trust' Him to make me a better person NOW, if my 'trust' in all rewards of the Hereafter was pure, wouldn't I not want to sin AT ALL? Could it just me my 'doubt' in the Hereafter that keeps me from 'improving myself' in this life? Could I just be looking for pleasure in this life, because I don't have full 'trust' in the Herafter?

I don't know much about Shaitan, but I know he is very crafty and is good at pulling the wool over our eyes.

wednesday wrote:
Did you know wool is sustainable?

Maybe that's exactly what Allah's doing, maybe he IS making you a better person. BUT he's waiting for you to recognise the disparity, to spot the difference... do you get it? He has laid out for you two templates of blue sky, they look the same but their luminance is different. One would eventually seem brighter than the other.

May be Allah's waiting for you to recognise a crack, and wants you to peek through it.

and in your words "Patience is the key"... look at the two images with patience.

Cool! Thanks.

For as strong as I (think I) am strong in my faith (even though I am not that active), I am even weaker when it comes to real life. Being clueless is not even the half of it.

I think I trust Allah (swt) to make the best out of my drifting, but has he not also given me a brain with which I should plan plot and scheme to better my future?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
For as strong as I (think I) am strong in my faith (even though I am not that active), I am even weaker when it comes to real life. Being clueless is not even the half of it.

I think I trust Allah (swt) to make the best out of my drifting, but has he not also given me a brain with which I should plan plot and scheme to better my future?

Are you recognising the "crack" in your life, as Wednesday said?

wednesday wrote:
Did you know wool is sustainable?

Not if you have sheep shoulder for lunch.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

s.b.f wrote:

huh?

You wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

huh?

Lol

Wednesday said: May be Allah's waiting for you to recognise a crack, and wants you to peek through it.

I was saying since you seemed like you were debating whether to use your brain or not.

oh, she was talking about choosing the path you walk on.

I was more questioning whether you first need to seek out or build a path or when you need one will there be one there ready for you?

You wrote:

I was more questioning whether you first need to seek out or build a path or when you need one will there be one there ready for you?

What about 'when you need one, you will be ready to build your own path'?

Its spelt "Tawakkul"

Trust in God is lots of diffirent things. For me right now, it's "daring to dream."

Daring to believe that things can honestly be better than they are now. Basically breaking my habits of negative thinking.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

How is it working out?

You wrote:
How is it working out?

Pretty good MashaAllah

I'm a positive person but this is something more subtle. Sometimes something will happen and I'll worry for a few minutes and I want to change that.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Wanna swap?

I can do the not worrying thing all day anyday.

You wrote:
Wanna swap?

I can do the not worrying thing all day anyday.

And are you happy with yourself?

Sometimes.

You wrote:

I dont know. Try building one and see where it gets you Smile

Nope.

Everyone has problems/non-problems.

I would be swapping my current set of things I like/dislike with someone elses which I may not like as much/dislike even more.

As they say, the grass is always greener...

I nevre saw it as cruelty, but I did say "no".

Dislikes are greatly outnumbered by things I like. Like eleventy kabillion to 1.

nice topic

and nice post weds (reply to elphY)

i think i trust/rely on Allah(swt). like i expect things to happen without putting in the effort - and they mostly do.

But i think i should try.

:/

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi