End of All Hope

Ive noticed sometimes when theirs a death that people tend to blame God for it. Like its his fault. And since they cant get at him, they start down a self-destructive path. No more praying no more anything remotely religious.

Why? God doesnt need your prayers. Sounds like giving up to me.

Its all about how self centric you see the world.

If its all for you, then if something goes the other way, there must be someone/thing to blame.

This is also a popular exploration on Hollywood/ TV shows.Its like in the film Signs. The Mel Gibson character blames God for his wife's death. In Firefly Mal probably does the same for him losing the war.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Its a phase people go through. FACT: people know God/Allah (swt) is responsible for birth and death. We cant do anything about it, except wait for it. Some people pray straight away and ask for happiness for the person after death. Some people because of teh shock dont think straight.

Giving up on what exactly? religion? They will regret it later and then repent. Thats what usualy happens.
Or, their life will be more bitter without the prayers they are offering. Are they not going through a "test" of their reactions and how that affects their faith?

Interesting question: well for me anyway, men and women react differently to death. Even though this has no relevance to the point Seraphim is making,, does anyone know which sex is more commonly the one to blame God?

Grief affects different people in different ways. Id like to think id handle it well but who knows until you're put in that position. I guess im lucky in that sense, never had anyone close to me pass away.

Im not really making a point here... theres no point lol. I just thought it was curious.

Id say its possibly guys who are more likely to blame God, women just tend to blame guys for everything lol. I dunno really. But thats my guess.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
...Id say its possibly guys who are more likely to blame God, women just tend to blame guys for everything...

Lol

Any particular reason death/grief is on your mind?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Grief made me closer to God. Haven't had any for a year or so now...

Hopefully it WON'T take the death of someone else to bring me back closer to God.

Insha'Allah.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

You wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
...Id say its possibly guys who are more likely to blame God, women just tend to blame guys for everything...

Lol

Any particular reason death/grief is on your mind?

Not really. Just curious.

@Ya'qub i guess it works both ways. Some people become more closer to God whilst others turn away. Maybe it is to do with how self-centered you are.

Back in BLACK

I think guys probably blame God more than women too.
Men dont really cry things out,, or go out for a "smoke" to be by themselves.
Women on the other hand rant on and on about something. Which is suppose to be good for you. And your right. Women do sometimes blame men for everything.

What an inviting title....
really brightened up my day... Shok

Oh and d'you know what this post reminded me of?

(not just the title, but the content)
Those Siamese twins (Hope and Faith i think? )

well they're both dead, now
and on the news the woman was like " she was struggling, but she couldn't do it, she wasn't strong enough- she didn't manage to stay alive though her parents and this many people prayed...."
like it's HER fault

And they do that all the time!

"you can do it! Fight! " like it's within their control or something- wouldn't that make them feel incompetent, if anything?

Am i looking too much into this?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

s.b.f wrote:
Women on the other hand rant on and on about something. Which is suppose to be good for you.

A study of the survivors of 9/11 (I hate that term. Firstly, it should be 11/9 and secondly its just a date. other things have also happened on the 11th of September. On the 9th of November too.) showed that those that were less willing to speak about the events actually coped better than those that were.

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:

"you can do it! Fight! " like it's within their control or something- wouldn't that make them feel incompetent, if anything?

Well i think there is a little something to the whole 'Fight it!'...
you can die by just giving up you know.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:

But if you're dying, HOW can you fight it?
If just by telling yourself you wanted to live you could stay alive, people would probably be on their deathbeds for years!

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:

If just by telling yourself you wanted to live you could stay alive, people would probably be on their deathbeds for years!

Im not saying its a cure, im saying it supposedly helps. I think its called 'being positive'.
Being all doom and gloom is likely to make you worse.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:

Im not saying its a cure, im saying it supposedly helps. I think its called 'being positive'.
Being all doom and gloom is likely to make you worse.

How far can "being positive" get you?
If you're dying of an illness that can't be cured and you're THIS close to being dead, will "being positive" make your life last any longer, d'you think?

IMO, it's a body thing and not a "psychological" thing.

Well it may not cure you, but we do not believe that once you die its all over forever.

The person being patient through the illness will be rewarded for the patience in the hereafter.

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:

If you're dying of an illness that can't be cured and you're THIS close to being dead, will "being positive" make your life last any longer, d'you think?

The short answer to that is 'yes'

Back in BLACK

You wrote:
Well it may not cure you, but we do not believe that once you die its all over forever.

The person being patient through the illness will be rewarded for the patience in the hereafter.

But we're talking about JUST before you die.... not after you die...
i mean "physically" staying alive (if that makes sense)

Does being positive affect that at all except make someone feel slightly better before they die?

Seraphim wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:

The short answer to that is 'yes'

I disagree....
but i think it's a nice thought....
and even if it doesn't make you stay alive longer
It'll probably give you the strength to enjoy your last moments much more than you would've had you been all " What's the point, i'm gonna die anyway"

You wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
Women on the other hand rant on and on about something. Which is suppose to be good for you.

A study of the survivors of 9/11 (I hate that term. Firstly, it should be 11/9 and secondly its just a date. other things have also happened on the 11th of September. On the 9th of November too.) showed that those that were less willing to speak about the events actually coped better than those that were.

Really? I learned that people who spoke to people about their problems coped better. People who are less willing to talk about stuff, dont they coop everything in their heads? and dont later breakdown?
I think people who are less willing to talk about stuff are those who have blocked the event from their heads. And pretend it never happened.