Homosexuality. What do *you* think?

Astagfirullah! Don't even SAY that word!
31% (42 votes)
Live and let live.... it's none of my business.
15% (21 votes)
i AM a homosexual. ( so i think it's great duh)
2% (3 votes)
I have homosexual friends....i don't think treat them any differently
7% (10 votes)
I like homosexual people MORE than straight people.
0% (0 votes)
I'm not sure what a homosexual IS.
0% (0 votes)
I don't yet know enough to formulate an educated opinion
4% (6 votes)
I disapprove purely because Islam tells me to
35% (48 votes)
I disapprove for personal reasons
4% (6 votes)
Total votes: 136

mmm,, I think we should be able to tick more boxes than one on this

s.b.f wrote:
mmm,, I think we should be able to tick more boxes than one on this

If you wanted to pick an option an option that wasn't already there or if there's anything you wanted to add, or if you wanted to pick multiple choices, you could write it/them Here Smile

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

It is a current limitation of the site. comments can be used as an alternative.

I ticked "I disapprove purely because Islam tells me to" as that is the closest single answer, but it also seems slightly condescending.

If someone does not believe in God, I doubt sexual orientation is the bigger issue.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

* I have homosexual friends...i dont think treat them any differently
* I disapprove purely because Islam tells me to

They would have been my two options

You wrote:
It is a current limitation of the site. comments can be used as an alternative.

I ticked "I disapprove purely because Islam tells me to" as that is the closest single answer, but it also seems slightly condescending.

If someone does not believe in God, I doubt sexual orientation is the bigger issue.

But this is just about sexual orientation, NOTHING else.

If there isn't an answer that applies- you can feel free to elaborate in this space Smile

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

s.b.f wrote:

From that i gather that you disapprove of the sexual orientation of your not-so-straight friends?

Personally, live and let live + its wrong because Islam says so and you should not hide that fact to appease others. At the same time not go out of your way to cause strife/arguments.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Personally, live and let live + its wrong because Islam says so and you should not hide that fact to appease others. At the same time not go out of your way to cause strife/arguments.

So don't encourage it but don't make lots of uncalled-for drama?

That's very wise of you Jack Smile

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

From that i gather that you disapprove of the sexual orientation of your not-so-straight friends?

No. I dont disapprove of them. I dont like the word "disapprove". I just dont agree. And thats not only because Islam says so.
Islam says it. So, I agree with what the Qu'ran says.
When I talk to my "not-so-straight" friends. I dont think in my head,about their sexuality.

it is wrong because islam says so. i have no gay friends, don't think i've ever met a gay person. it's their life, they can do what they want. doesn't bother me.

Noor wrote:
it is wrong because islam says so. i have no gay friends, don't think i've ever met a gay person. it's their life, they can do what they want. doesn't bother me.

as simple as that.
Lol

-I do not agree with homosexuality.
-But I have worked along gay people didnt really treat them any differently.

In the end its really their personal choice. What are they suddenly gonna stop being gay becoz i said so? Nope. Deciding that you are more attracted to members of the same sex is a firm decision. Not something you accidentally do. Cant change such a decision, purely on the say so of anyone.

Back in BLACK

s.b.f wrote:
Noor wrote:

as simple as that.
Lol

i agree with this post gay ppple dont really affect me and im not really othered abwt it cuz its their life init

SMILE! its charity Wink

wednesday wrote:
Live and let live. What's it to me? and what if it is me?

(it's not BTW)

Ofcourse if you were, thats probably what you'd want us to think.

:twisted:

Back in BLACK

hmmm, pointing out the possibility, a nervous laugh, saying she doesnt lie... all the tell tale signs of a LIE!! Lol

Kiddin, i believe you.

sure, sure

Back in BLACK

wednesday wrote:
Probably and that's why I'm stupid enough to write or explain myself.

Only I know if I tell the truth. I don't lie.

heh heh hee

Lol

BUT if I were a 'gay' then I would like to here some VERY convincing stuff that fight against the so called feelings.

Who said they were not real?

That would be like unmarried people not experiencing lust.

Some desires can at times be controlled. Some desired it may be possible to alter.

As for what *is* homosexuality, I have no idea. Ask some people and its not genetic. Ask others and its not in the mind.

I read recently that about 37% of unmarried young men in some Indian city (it may have been Mumbai, or it could have been some other place) admitted to taking part in homosexual acts. (and I finally manage to get that figure in to some topic.)

wha'so funny?

I Have a gay teacher Biggrin
And hes like normal

I Still Disapprove of it though but when you talk to a gay teacher you dnt really think them as that Biggrin

Tru,

I had a teacher who used to infact be a dude.

Fool

But he/she gave out decent notes, so i cant complain.

Back in BLACK

i also have a homosexual teacher, and as i go to only girl school, i kinda feel more secure, in a way, if you know what i mean...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

sawsan wrote:
i also have a homosexual teacher, and as i go to only girl school, i kinda feel more secure, in a way, if you know what i mean...

Yep, he's batting for the other team so you feel more secure and not at all threatened by his femininity.

Back in BLACK

It's like if someone has a drug problem, you don't exactly agree with it, but you don't discriminate against them because of it. So long as they don't try to come on to me, I don't really care.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

How do we reason our views when we talk about Islam and Homosexuality to someone who is gay?

i know this is going to sound weird, but i had a muslim teacher who was a lesbian. it was real weird when i heard about it and at first didn't beleive it, then she got a bit too friendly with her 'girlfriend'. it was shocking. and it also made me feel a bit queesy in the stomach.
but generally they are just normal nice people.
i say they can do what they want, its their life, up to them. just don't kiss or anything in front of me coz its very uncomfortable

s.b.f wrote:
How do we reason our views when we talk about Islam and Homosexuality to someone who is gay?

Erm... say 'all sex outside marriage is forbidden' ?

And also that a person's sexual feelings are of little significance in comparison to belief in God. A strait kafir is no better/worse than a gay one. (except not in those words, more like 'we shouldn't differentiate').

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

Erm... say 'all sex outside marriage is forbidden' ?

And also that a person's sexual feelings are of little significance in comparison to belief in God. A strait kafir is no better/worse than a gay one. (except not in those words, more like 'we shouldn't differentiate').

I still suppose it will be difficult to get through especially as some people feel that they have been 'shunned' by the religion (as well as Christianity) and I'm so bad at explaining things sometimes.

s.b.f wrote:

If he is your friend, and you go to his house, you shout at him:

"Go upstairs and take the gay out of you !!"

How well do you guys think he handled it?

How would YOU handle it if someone came to you with that same problem?

(i dont think ive replied to this before)

friend: what would you do if i was Bi?
me: nothing
friend: :shock: really?! so you wouldnt disown me?
me: na.

lol

i would let them do what they want, they're gonna follow their desire's/heart anwyay, so let them be.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

They are the losers, those who make the religion hard and tough. They imperil themselves who enforce tough practices of Islam. They destroy themselves, those who are extremes.
——— Prophet Muhammad (s) as reported by Ibn Masud in Sahih Muslim.

striongly object to the misuse & abuse of the saying of The Holy Prophet M. quoted out of context to support an action of perversion clearly & categorically condemned by the Holy Book .The perversion of the Sodom / the nation of Lout is distortion of Human Nature. Choose the one & once for ever : Straight Path ( Faith & Faithbased life ) or Perversion...Lick the satanic Soil or rise higher on the spiritual ladder...

Pages