Sleeping

Skipping sleep 'hardens arteries'

People who scrimp on sleep are more likely to develop hardening of their arteries, a precursor to heart disease, research suggests.

Calcified arteries were found in nearly a third of people who slept fewer than five hours a night.

This dropped to around one in 10 for those who slept an extra hour, the Journal of the American Medical Association study of 495 adults found.

Experts said getting enough sleep was important for good heart health.

In the study, the volunteers underwent two CT scans, designed to assess the build-up of calcium in the heart's arteries, five years apart.

Although this single study does not prove that short sleep leads to coronary artery disease, it is safe to recommend at least six hours of sleep a night
Dr Diane Lauderdale, lead researcher

They also filled out sleep questionnaires, kept a sleep diary and wore a wrist monitor for six nights that measured movement to give an estimate of how long they were actually lying still and asleep.

At the first scan, none of the volunteers had any calcification in their arteries but five years later 61 of them did.

This calcification appeared to be linked with lack of sleep.

The risk was lowest for those who regularly had more than seven hours sleep each night.

Well, atleast I am doing SOMETHING which may prevent heart disease!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Well, atleast I am doing SOMETHING which may prevent heart disease!

Lol

*It's 1 in the afternoon*

" :roll: You're up early this morning aren't you?"

"But Dad! People who scrimp on sleep are more likely to develop hardening of their arteries, a precursor to heart disease, research suggests."

Lol

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:

"But Dad! People who scrimp on sleep are more likely to develop hardening of their arteries, a precursor to heart disease, research suggests."

Lol

Whats wrong with that excuse? Smile

s.b.f wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:

Lol

Whats wrong with that excuse? Smile

Nothing.
It's perfect.
Except i'd never remember it and get confused in the middle

"erm sleeping's good because it...er.... clogs up the arteries....and stuff" Blum 3

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

A mouse trap, placed on top on of your alarm clock will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
A mouse trap, placed on top on of your alarm clock will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep.

Lol

sounds painful to me

Ya'qub wrote:

Or you could wire the alarm clock in such a way that that you get an electric shock when you press the snooze button. And even if you switch the alarm off, you still get an electric shock. So either way you are going to wake up.

The voltage doesn't need to be too high.

">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u0nUlYFSTCM]

@ MuslimBro - I hope you do not decide to take up a career as a prison guard.

I would really feel for the inmates you'd be guarding.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

wednesday wrote:
Keep repeating that proceedure everyday and you'll get inot a habt of either gettin electricuted everyday (and eventually dying of blood clotting up the artery) or just ignore the alarm.

But on the plus side... you'll me on time for work for the last few days of your life.

Maybe your tombstone will be inscribed with "Wednesday - Always Punctual."

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I'd rather be late...

"The Late You"

I find it hard to wake up when I don't need to.

and I have an ability to ignore sound to some extent.

Even if there is a mouse sat next to you when you wake up? Smile

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

You wrote:
@ MuslimBro - I hope you do not decide to take up a career as a prison guard.

I would really feel for the inmates you'd be guarding.

I'm actually not that cruel as I sound on the forum Smile

you know whats funny???

i am reading this article early into the morning

SMILE! its charity Wink