7 8 6 ??

i've alwayz heard this [b]786[/b] means bismillah

how true is this, is it made up or does it really mean that.

anyone know?

who else believes [b][u](The number 786 means 786 and nothing more)[/u][/b]

Salam

This is a very special number for Muslims all over the world.

It stands for : " In the Name of God, The Merciful, The Compassionate."

Even many Hindus and some Sikhs are known to revere it as a Sacred Number.

Omrow

It is something to do with numerology. Dunno how it works, but its something about assigning each letter a number, do some calculations, and that is what you supposedly get.

Dunno the significance....

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[i]"[b]Q 2. I never quite understood the idea behind the number "786". Is it possible for you to explain its significance at your earliest convenience? (Asim) [/b]

A 2. "786" is the total value of the letters of "Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim". In Arabic there are two methods of arranging letters. One method is the most common method known as the alphabetical method. Here we begin with Alif, ba, ta, tha etc. The other method is known as the Abjad method or ordinal method. In this method each letter has an arithmetic value assigned to it from one to one thousand. The letters are arranged in the following order: Abjad, Hawwaz, Hutti, Kalaman, Sa'fas, Qarshat, Sakhaz, Zazagh. This arrangement was done, most probably in the 3rd century of Hijrah during the 'Abbasid period, following other Semitic languages such as Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Chaldean etc.

If you take the numeric values of all the letters of the Basmalah, according to the Abjad order, the total will be 786. In the Indian subcontinent the Abjad numerals became quite popular. Some people, mostly in India and Pakistan, use 786 as a substitute for Bismillah. They write this number to avoid writing the name of Allah or the Qur'anic ayah on ordinary papers. This tradition is not from the time of the Prophet -peace be upon him- or his Sahabah. It developed much later, perhaps during the later 'Abbasid period. We do not know of any reputable Imams or Jurists who used this number instead of the Bismillah. "[/i]

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

This is a very special number for Muslims all over the world.

It stands for : " In the Name of God, The Merciful, The Compassionate."

Even many Hindus and some Sikhs are known to revere it as a Sacred Number.

Omrow

Yeh in most Bollywood films, you see the Muslim prisoner wearing a shirt with 786 written on it.

I heard that at times its better to write 786 as if by any chance the paper on which it is wriiten does fall on to the ground or someone steps on it, there won't be any disrespect caused.

Btw, we should be really cautious regarding what we write on papers or what we bring home from mosques as there is always arabic wriiten on it, verses of the quran is being quoted and the name of allah (swt) and our holy prophet (saw).

I personally read what is given to me at the mosque and leave it there, if something does stand out to me, only then i bring it home with me and put it somewhere safe.

786 , 867, 678 and any other number are just numbers.

i dont believe 786 means anything other than seven hundred and eighty six.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

When Allah or His messenger want to teach us something, they do so in the clearest way, far from puzzles and mystery numbers. All the efforts made by some Muslims to count letters and relate them to numbers are nothing but a waste of time i'd say,Sometimes they do so with good intention to show that our deen is great, our deen is great, and not in need of such erroneous approaches.

I agree totally with the above post, mashaALLAH.

(Btw how is Muhtarama's father doing?)

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Personally, I don't see the point in using numbers to substitute the words. If I want to say Bismillah, I will say Bismillah.

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

"Med" wrote:

Numerology is important in the bible too - 3 and 7 are considered important

I know 3 but not 7

"Constantine" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

Numerology is important in the bible too - 3 and 7 are considered important

I know 3 but not 7

Except the numerical significance of 786 are, as far as I'm aware, NOT noted in the Qur'an or any authentic haadith

"Med" wrote:

abu is alhamdulillah doing ok with his treatment but his dialysis is going abit wrong, may allah give him SABR...everyone PLZ PLZ pray for him
jazakallah...

this 786 business is innovation.

we also have sort of signifacnt numbers like 40, 7 etc.

7 circuits for one tawaf, 7 deadly sins, 7 in the shade when there shall be no shade except ALLAHs shade, 7 levels of paradise etc.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
this 786 business is innovation.

we also have sort of signifacnt numbers like 40, 7 etc.

7 circuits for one tawaf, 7 deadly sins, 7 in the shade when there shall be no shade except ALLAHs shade, 7 levels of paradise etc.

I know of #7, but what is the importance of #40?

"kuri/19" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

abu is alhamdulillah doing ok with his treatment but his dialysis is going abit wrong, may allah give him SABR...everyone PLZ PLZ pray for him
jazakallah...

MashaALLAH. May ALLAH Rabbul Izzat grant Muhtarama's father complete and pure cure, may he be rewarded for any difficulties he may be experienceing and may his situation be made light and easy. May ALLAH keep his family members happy.

ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Aphrodite" wrote:

I know of #7, but what is the importance of #40?

well in certain things 40 is significant, the genesis on man takes place in 40 days, people go on jamaat for chillah (40 days). Reading 40 namaz consecutively in Madinah Munawwara is extremely virtuous, every night in ramadhan we read 20 raka'at taraweeh which has 40 prostrations. Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam was granted Prophethood at age 40, I have heard from my teachers that at 40 a man increases in wisdom and knowledge.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Aphrodite" wrote:

. They write this number to avoid writing the name of Allah or the Qur'anic ayah on ordinary papers. [/i]

But surely that is a good intention so not to disrespect the Quranic words, i think its better then to link 786 and use that as opposed to "Bismillah...

i think the number 786 are also used by hindus for the word lord krishna,

i dont think theres a point of these numbers,

if u can make bismillah into a number, u can make the whole quran in numbers......but whats the significance?

"kuri/19" wrote:
i think the number 786 are also used by hindus for the word lord krishna,

i dont think theres a point of these numbers,

if u can make bismillah into a number, u can make the whole quran in numbers......but whats the significance?

maybe its cuz of the intention, maybe ppl dont want to just leave the Quranic words lying bout anywhere....who knows.

"Aphrodite" wrote:

[i]"[b]Q 2. I never quite understood the idea behind the number "786". Is it possible for you to explain its significance at your earliest convenience? (Asim) [/b]

A 2. "786" is the total value of the letters of "Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim". In Arabic there are two methods of arranging letters. One method is the most common method known as the alphabetical method. Here we begin with Alif, ba, ta, tha etc. The other method is known as the Abjad method or ordinal method. In this method each letter has an arithmetic value assigned to it from one to one thousand. The letters are arranged in the following order: Abjad, Hawwaz, Hutti, Kalaman, Sa'fas, Qarshat, Sakhaz, Zazagh. This arrangement was done, most probably in the 3rd century of Hijrah during the 'Abbasid period, following other Semitic languages such as Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Chaldean etc.

If you take the numeric values of all the letters of the Basmalah, according to the Abjad order, the total will be 786. In the Indian subcontinent the Abjad numerals became quite popular. Some people, mostly in India and Pakistan, use 786 as a substitute for Bismillah. They write this number to avoid writing the name of Allah or the Qur'anic ayah on ordinary papers. This tradition is not from the time of the Prophet -peace be upon him- or his Sahabah. It developed much later, perhaps during the later 'Abbasid period. We do not know of any reputable Imams or Jurists who used this number instead of the Bismillah. "[/i]

You solicited the service of Shaikh Google didn't you?

Look what the unrealiable Sheikh has come up with.

Submission.org is the sight that Judda goes on about. :roll:

When will we learn?...

True. when using google, you do have to be careful.

However I would advise people to write 786 instead of the whole thing on documents that will be disposed of.

As an example, in The Revival, we do not use 786. But we do not use other similar things as we know that some people will dispose of it in disliked manners. Some just throw it on the floor.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

yea but why do ppl even write 786 on the documents,

it aint important, or is it?

Alot of people believe that 786 is used for bismillah. This is their misconception. Therefore I wanted to share this
information. MAY ALLAH GUIDE US ALL.AMEEN.

786 is the numerical representation of "Bismillahirrahamaanirraheem" has no religious or Islaamic significance
The numerals 786 or any other numerals in no way represent 'Bismillaah
al-Rahmaan al-Raheem' or other Surahs of the noble Qur'ân and is not the
Sunnah either.
Allah says in Qur'ân "Verily, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'ân in
order that you may understand" (12:2).

We are instructed to recite the Qur'an Majeed, as can be seen from the
following verses: "And (it is) a Qur'ân which We have divided (into parts),
in order that you might recite it to men at intervals. And We have revealed
it by stages. (in 23 years)." (17:106); "....So RECITE as much of the Qur'ân as may be easy (for you),..." (73:20).

Now would one recite the Qur'an if it is reduced to numbers? As an example,
we shall reduce the Surah Fatihah to numerical figures for the benefit of
the reader.

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem...............................................
Al-humdolillaahir
rubbuaalamin............................................... 632
Ar-Rahmaan-ur-Raheem.......................................................
Malikay yawm-midhdeen......................................................
Eeyya ka Na' bo-du Wa eeyya ka nastha'een........................... 836
Ah'daynas-sira thalmustaqeem...........and in NO WAY sacred. It is a
conspiracy against the Holy Book of Allah.
This old game of numbers was practised by the ancient Egyptians, as did many other civilisations. Islaam came to ELIMINATE ALL such superstitions, mysteries and numerological mumbo-jumbo. However, Muslims are still enslaved to the number game, and think that 786 represents BISMILLAAHIR RAHMAANIR RAHEEM.

Even Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in his letters to different heads of states and governments, used the holy words at the top. Therefore, whosoever uses 786 with the intention to obtain Allaah's blessings, is a misguided person and any attempt to justify it, is ignorance.

More astonishing is that fact that '786' is an aggregation of the numbers of
Hindu 'Lord Hari Krishna'.
H(a)iri Kr(i)shna
h-5, r-200, r-10, k-20, r-200, sh-300, n-50, a-1 == Aggregate of 786, Thus, the aggregate number of these letters (Hari Krishna) equals 786. This is Also the case of 'Bismillaah al-Rahmaan al-Raheem'. Therefore, it is necessary to avoid using this number to avoid the danger of being indulging in infidelity.

Islaam's foundation is laid on the belief in Tawheed (oneness of God). If we associate anyone with Allaah's exalted names orally or practically, we would be committing infidelity which is an unpardonable sin.

The Qur'ân warns us, one who finds a rival against Allah, Allah will never
allow him to enter paradise, and his abode is the hell.

The letters by the Prophet (pbuh) to non-Muslim Kings and chiefs bear the
holy words 'Bismillaah al-Rahmaan al-Raheem'. This was also the case of his noble companions. Did the Prophet (pbuh) and his companions respect the Holy Words less than we do?
Was the verse, 'Today I completed your religion for you', revealed to the
Prophet (pbuh) or to the so called scholars of our age who are all bent to
CHANGE the Divine principles.

Now, when it became known that '786' is written in place of Hindu, 'Lord
Krishna', and has no significance in the Holy Qur'ân and Sunnah, i! t is
obviously an innovation and goes against the Divine doctrine of 'Obey Allah and His Prophet'
Similarly, some Muslims replace Allah's name by the number '66' and the
Prophet's name by '92'. But if one ask, the number '420' is used against
somebody's name and he is called '420'. Can he bear such an insult?
Calling someone by a nick name is also a sin.
Allah Ta'ala says, 'Don't call one another by nick names'.
If Allah prohibits the use of nicknames for fellow human beings, how can He allow the use of such insulting replacement number for Himself and His
Prophet (pbuh).
'Bismillaah al-Rahmaan al-Raheem' great significance in the Qur'ân and
Muslims are ordered to begin any work but in the names Allaah, not in the
number of '786' or any other substitution.

May ALLAH guide us. AMEEN!

"He who kneels before ALLAH can stand before anyone”

In the Name of Allah swt, the most merciful, the most kind

786 make some good Nasheeds Biggrin

W/salaam

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

786 make some good Nasheeds Biggrin

W/salaam

i disagree

they sound like a boy band

(i only like their Arabic/urdu nasheeds)

yeah i know

hence why i said SOME

4 good ones and ive sampled the new album.....to be avoided Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

i noticed ppl in Pak and India use 786 as a subtitute for bismilla

I also noticed that number plates that contain the numbers "786" are VERY expensive.

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

Congratulations upon your observations

your Blue Peter badge will be with you shortly through the post. please allow 7-14 working days

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"irfghan" wrote:
"Aphrodite" wrote:

You solicited the service of Shaikh Google didn't you?

Look what the unrealiable Sheikh has come up with.

Submission.org is the sight that Judda goes on about. :roll:

When will we learn?...

That aint written in submission.org :roll:

They only talk about the code in the koran, which can be checked using a computer :roll:

Part of a Jewish song... I can only find a Hebrew [url= of it, but there's a fun English tune, if I find it I'll post it.

Who knows 9?
I know 9!
...9 are the months before a baby's born.
8 are the days of the brit* chop chop.
7 are the days of the week.
6 are the books of the, mishna.
5 are the books of the, torah...

[size=9]*circumcision[/size]
[/very deep, relevant post]

lol my cousin married a jew and then he "coverted" to orthadox Judaisum.

They recently had a baby boy and invited me to the cirumcision. Ma dad sed i was not allowed to go.

Pages