HT blast Christmas

'Christmas is the pathway to hell':

Muslim lawyer's extraordinary rant at 'evil' celebration

By Liz Hazelton, Daily Mail - 10th December 2008

A Muslim lawyer has launched an extraordinary rant against Christmas, branding the celebration 'evil'.

Hate preacher Anjem Choudary claimed the festival was the 'pathway to hell' and urged his followers to boycott it.

'In the world today many Muslims, especially those residing in Western countries, are exposed to the evil celebration Christmas,' he raged in a sermon broadcast on the internet.

'Many take part in the festival celebrations by having Christmas turkey dinners.

'Decorating the house, purchasing Christmas trees or having Christmas turkey meals are completely prohibited by Allah.
'Many still practise this corrupt celebration as a remembrance of the birth of Jesus.

'How can a Muslim possibly approve or participate in such a practice that bases itself on the notion Allah has an offspring?

'The very concept of Christmas contradicts and conflicts with the foundation of Islam.

'Every Muslim has a responsibility to protect his family from the misguidance of Christmas, because its observance will lead to hellfire.

'Protect your Paradise from being taken away - protect yourself and your family from Christmas.'

His comments were condemned by Robin Tilbrook, chairman of the English Democrats, who branded them 'nonsense'.

'You really start to wonder why the people behind this want to be in Britain in the first place,' he said.

'Why live here if that's how you feel?

'It's an extremely narrow-minded, jihadist, anti-Western viewpoint. It's such a backwards take on things.

'The ironic thing is Islam recognises Jesus as a leading prophet, and Christmas is based around him.

'I'm happy for these people to spout nonsense like this because it just shows them up for what they really are.'

Fanatic Choudhary, 41, who is chairman of the Society of Muslim Lawyers, is the right-hand man of exiled preacher Omar Bakri Mohammed.

His family lives on £25,000-a-year benefit handout while he has gained notoriety as a firebrand speaker lauded by extremist groups.

In the past he has demanded the execution of the Pope, organised mass demonstrations against the publication of cartoons which allegedly insulted Mohammed and urged Muslims to have more babies to take over the UK.

Choudary's comments about Christmas come as councils were told by ministers to focus more strongly on tackling violent extremists

In speeches in London, both Communities Secretary Hazel Blears and Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said there needed to be a greater emphasis on 'confronting' the 'sharper end' of militant ideology, including directly targeting extremist leaders.

They said that it was no longer sufficient for councils to focus on promoting improved community cohesion while radicals were allowed to operate unhindered.

The ministers added that inaction risked allowing extremists to target the young and other vulnerable individuals and warned that some local authorities could lose funding if they failed to adopt a more robust approach to tackling radicalism.

Neither minister criticised any local authority directly,

But recent cases such as the revelation by the London Evening Standard that a speech by Omar Bakri Mohammed was broadcast during a meeting in a hall hired from Tower Hamlets council, have highlighted concerns.

In her speech, Ms Blears said that many councils had already engaged in positive work, such as training imams in English.

Its really saddening to see the small proportion of misguided Muslims celebrating xmas. Is Eid not enough for them that they choose to participate in a non Muslim practices.

As were on the subject of xmas are we allowed to give out xmas cards? I got my first one today and i only want to give one back out of courtesy NOT because i celebrate xmas.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Go ahead.

If you are still uncomfortable, "seasons greetings" is harmless, but it may offend some people for being too politically correct.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I have actually given them in the past to friends and teachers but year it got me thinking.

wednesday wrote:
Is it adviced against because it's encouraging christmass? Personally I don't see any harm in this, but would there be 'harm' if you didn't give a christmass greeting card?

No there wouldnt. Its just about being courteous and showing kindness and tolerance. I dont see how its encouraging xmas though becuase if ALL Muslims stopped giving cards and presents then it doesnt mean to say ppl who do celebrate it will think its wrong or stop celebrating it.

Naz wrote:
I have actually given them in the past to friends and teachers but year it got me thinking.

I would think it similar to the discussion we had in the Jumma mubarak thread - greeting people of other religions how they greet us. That is allowed.

The only times it would not be is if there is a doubt to over your own faith. IE if the only ones who participated in an act were of a strict religious nature.

Saying that I cannot remember ever giving anyone a christmas card. I may have as a kid, but I cannot remember it.

(then again, I have not done that with birthday, eid or other occasions cards either...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Would it be wrong if the muslim familty decided to carry out "secret santa" between the siblings?

Or is that just showing sibling love?

yeah I agree with that. So I never do anything special for anyone.

:badgrin:

No, the reason I mentioned that is I saw that happen last year and I am trying to understand the why of it.

The only other reason I can think of is "foreign culture envy".

wednesday wrote:
WHy christmass to show 'sibling love'?

That's another reason, There shouldn't be 'special' occasions to show admiration/ love to family... It must be done all the time.

I don't know how that might work, but you do portray your 'kindness' all the time but on 'special occasions' it's a bit more, something extra to make it 'special'?

But cant celebrating birthday be seen as you being happy that your sibling is one year closer to dying and being reunited with their Lord? :doubt:
I only give presents coz its tight if you dont plus i will never hear the end of it nag nag nag :roll:

You wrote:
yeah I agree with that. So I never do anything special for anyone.

:badgrin:

you would lol

Omrow, you do know Anjem Choudary isn't HT, don't you?

wednesday wrote:
because it's encouraging christmass?

Hehe that's funny. Are you being a bad influence on christmans?

My family have always celebrated Christmas, even though they are not in the slightest bit religous.

But since my mum always remembers about Eid, I think it's only polite I go to buy halal turkey so we can eat together as a fam-er-lee.

And Omrow needs to stop reading Daily Mail.

Who are the 'English Democrats'? What makes them think they have any knowledge or understanding to label anything 'jihadi'?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

we always have an xmas lunch...

LOL!!!

yehhh sure Allah (swt) wrote in the Qur'aan - 'Those who have christmas dinner or cook turkey.. b warned! it is prohibited!'
Astagfirullahhh...
Gunnahhh...
Biddahh...
Shirkkkk! Lol

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

oh man u should have come to the uni talk today! guy was a hardcore... i walked out half way! zaki came!

Crap!! yehh i rang her and her mum told me!
i didnt even know about emm!

kasmai i wudha stud up and started debating and arguin wid him LOL

next tym lemmi know!

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

Noor wrote:
oh man u should have come to the uni talk today! guy was a hardcore... i walked out half way! zaki came!

Zaki? You mean Zakir Naik? What did he say?

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

LOL

sit in the same room as zakir naik? no chance

zaki smurfs mate

Omrow wrote:
Beast wrote:
Omrow, you do know Anjem Choudary isn't HT, don't you?

Last time I checked he was.

Omrow

Check again.

wednesday wrote:
em what is wrong with Zakir Naik? Is he a very narrow person? is that why?

Not really, he's not perfect but he's 50 times better than many.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Just as muslims have crazy people like HT and Salafis,
others societies have their nutters too, some even in the parliament!

Gene Wilder thinks the West is on a holy Crusade. Many muslims would agree with him.

Quote:

'We have to win war against Islam'

By BRENDA GAZZAR - Jerusalem Post - Dec 15, 2008

Dutch Parliamentarian Geert Wilders screened his controversial film Fitna in Jerusalem on Sunday, calling on Europe to restrict immigration "from backward Islamic countries" and describing Islam as a totalitarian ideology "full of hate, violence and submission."

"Europe is in the process of 'Islamization.' We need to fight it," Wilders said. "We have to win the war against Islam. If we don't... we will lose our cultural identity, our rule of law, our liberties and our freedom."

Wilders made the comments at a conference in Jerusalem organized by MK Arye Eldad, who founded the new Hatikva Party, entitled "Facing Jihad." Wilders's comments, as well as the screening of the film, drew strong criticism from Arab-Israeli leaders, who defended Islam and argued that the film did not represent an accurate picture of the fastest-growing religion in the world.

"We are talking about a distorted film that distorts the image of the Islamic religion and particularly our prophet, Muhammad," said MK Ahmed Tibi (United Arab List-Ta'al) in a telephone interview Sunday. Wilders "is trying to exploit the 'Islamophobia' that there is in the world... It's a film that is motivated by hatred of Arabs and Muslims as well."

The 17-minute film, which shows a selection of verses from the Koran interspersed with media clips and newspaper clippings, argues that the Koran and Islam encourage acts of terrorism, anti-Semitism and violence against women and homosexuals.

"Without placing all Muslims in the same category, I think I have succeeded in showing that the Koran is not some dusty, old book, but that it's still used today as a source of inspiration for, and justification of, hatred, violence and terrorism all over the world," Wilders said during the conference, which was held at the Begin Heritage Center.

MK Ibrahim Sarsour (UAL-Ta'al) called Wilders "one of the most nasty enemies of Islam," arguing that the Dutch parliamentarian knew nothing "about the greatest and most marvelous history of Muslims for more than 1,400 years. Islam has contributed a lot to the building of human principles, human charters, human technology, human development, human prosperity, stability, security and peace for all those generations of nations who sought these greatest values."

One of the goals of Islam, Sarsour said, "is to cooperate, to know each other, not to fight and hate each other, and the only instrument to judge people… is whether this individual or this group contributes to the building of a humanistic society."

Wilders also argued that "not all cultures are equal" and that "our Christian-Judeo culture is far better than the Islamic culture."

Israel, he said, was not fighting a territorial war, but an ideological one, in which Islam "aims for dominance over non-Muslims." He said there was no such thing "as moderate Islam."

Tibi said the Jewish population should be worried about the apparent cooperation "between European fascists and Jewish fascists in Israel," adding that "when we're talking about a meeting of fascists, hate and racism are the consequence."

Tibi also said the film, its creator and Eldad deserve "condemnation and nothing more."

Eldad, whose new party opposes the formation of a Palestinian state, told conference attendees that if Islam is practiced as it is practiced today, "the chance that we will see real peace with [the Palestinians] is very slim."

Eldad said a new set of emergency bills were needed in the Knesset "to help us stop the invasion," preserve Israel as a Jewish state and guard against "the enemy within." The legislation, which he said he planned to introduce in the next Knesset, would require all Israeli citizens to pledge an oath of allegiance to the State of Israel as "a Jewish democratic state." It would also require all citizens to serve in the military or do national service in order to receive certain benefits, and would crack down on "illegal building" and acquisition of land.

Most Arab leaders in Israel oppose obligatory national or military service, though many say they would favor a national service system not run by the state.

Sarsour said he hoped members of the next Knesset would "courageously face" the increasing deterioration between the State of Israel and its Arab population by voting against the package.

"Whether this package will be accepted or not, that will not change the fact that we are an indigenous minority in Israel," he told the Post last week. "We were here before Eldad and his parents came to the country, and we will go on living peacefully within the limitations of the Israeli law."

Arab-Israelis, he said, are loyal in that they accept and respect Israel's laws. "But those who endanger the presence and the future of the State of Israel are Eldad and his allies, who push the Israeli state to the edge of confrontation."

Also:

wednesday wrote:
The Lamp wrote:
wednesday wrote:
em what is wrong with Zakir Naik? Is he a very narrow person? is that why?

Not really, he's not perfect but he's 50 times better than many.

Exactly.

If he said something wrong, just the once, Does that mean WHATEVER he says is wrong?

Why do we like scholars and Imams who agree with us? OK there are differences of opinion but they mainly are a few centimetres apart!

Because it makes us feel that they UNDERSTAND us. Which isn't something that can be said for all scholars.