Hajj 2008

Inshallah next month will be the month of Dhul-Hajj. Is anybody from these forums going to hajj this year or has been to hajj. I really would like to go. I think the ideal time to go hajj would be when you're young and for me i think this is an ideal time to go, i'm looking for a big change in my lifestyle and am looking for peace and contentment and i really had my heart set on going this year but due to circumstances at home, this year it wouldn't have been possible... Inshallah next year.

I have just realised that, I am quite ignorant about the rites. I know what hajj consists of but not in the specific order. I've just been reading up on it but the site i've read from sums up hajj in three days? Is this right? Could anyone break down how to perform hajj in a very simplified way.

Thanks Smile

Why dont you do umrah first? That way your kinda prepared for the whole big thing.

If your adamant on doing hajj then just Google it or get some books. They should be able to provide you with more details.

Personally i think its better to go Hajj when your older as you have a better understanding and your more likely to give up your bad habits. However, if you have the opportunity then go for it because you could be dead tomorrow.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Salam

I wish all the best to muslims who are
going on the Holy Pilgrimage to Mecca in 2008.

Bon Voyage!!

Omrow

Naz wrote:
Why dont you do umrah first? That way your kinda prepared for the whole big thing.

I've done Umrah, I've been lucky enough to visit Saudi 3 times and each time my heart broke when i had to leave...

Naz wrote:
If your adamant on doing hajj then just Google it or get some books. They should be able to provide you with more details.

I wouldn't say that I'm adamant I have to do hajj this year... i just really get the feeling that now is the right time for me to go; but then again i have been told that God only calls those to Hajj whom he wants to call. So perhaps this year isnt the right time for me otherwise it would've happened for me no matter what. Google brings up so many results, I don't know where to start. I do know the basics, what hajj consists of what, what you need to do etc, but it's different when you hear someones personal experience.

Naz wrote:
Personally i think its better to go Hajj when your older as you have a better understanding and your more likely to give up your bad habits. However, if you have the opportunity then go for it because you could be dead tomorrow.

I'm the opposite-Obviously I wouldnt recommend hajj to kids or those who are not ready for a change but at the same time I disagree with the thinking that you should wait until your older, so many people I know have said that but as they get older they get tied up with work commitments or family responsibilities and they just keep putting it off. I think when you're in your 20's then it is the ideal age to go hajj.

Naz wrote:

Couldn't disagree with you more, Naz.

We should go on Hajj AS SOON as we're able (money, time, free of debts etc). What if we wait til we're older then can't go, or we (god forbid) die before we get older? Then on the Day of Judgement we will have to face Allah (swt) knowing that we had the chance to fulfill the fifth PILLAR of Islam, and didn't.

I've heard some scholars say we can't go on holiday until we've been to Hajj, because if we have the money to travel, it should be on fulfilling our Islamic duties.

May Allah (swt) invite us all, one day. Ameen!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
Naz wrote:

We should go on Hajj AS SOON as we're able (money, time, free of debts etc). What if we wait til we're older then can't go, or we (god forbid) die before we get older? Then on the Day of Judgement we will have to face Allah (swt) knowing that we had the chance to fulfill the fifth PILLAR of Islam, and didn't.

I like both of your opinions with their reasons. I remember when I went umrah, my hair was quite big and when I went to get it shaved the barber rubbed some water and shampoo into it first and I was in ecstacy, I just wanted him to keep rubbing that stuff into my head, it was so relaxing!

A few days later when I went to get it shaved again at a different barbers, the guy went through FOUR blades and still couldn't make it smooth. He asked me what I ate to make my hair so strong!

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Saniyah wrote:
I've done Umrah, I've been lucky enough to visit Saudi 3 times and each time my heart broke when i had to leave...

Ooooh lucky you.

Saniyah wrote:
I wouldn't say that I'm adamant I have to do hajj this year... i just really get the feeling that now is the right time for me to go; but then again i have been told that God only calls those to Hajj whom he wants to call. So perhaps this year isnt the right time for me otherwise it would've happened for me no matter what. Google brings up so many results, I don't know where to start. I do know the basics, what hajj consists of what, what you need to do etc, but it's different when you hear someones personal experience.

In that case go for it.

Yaqub wrote:

I wrote:
However, if you have the opportunity then go for it because you could be dead tomorrow.

Yaqub wrote:
I've heard some scholars say we can't go on holiday until we've been to Hajj, because if we have the money to travel, it should be on fulfilling our Islamic duties.

I heard some scholars say that you cant go hajj until you have completed your fard.

Umrah and Hajj are expensive (well for the working class and ppl with big families like mine). Going for a week to a country in the middle east aint. They have sooo many last minute cheap deals and I lead a very hectic life and thus need at least one holiday a year to relax and take my mind off things plus I like to travel. I want to travel to as many countries as possible before I get tied down.

Then there is the issue of actually travelling there. For men its easy, if you have the money you can pack your bags and go tomorrow but women cant travel without a man (I dont know if thats a Islamic thing or a Saudi thing).

So you see its not as simple as your making it sound.

Ehh, relaaax guy!

I wasn't having a go at you! I was jsut adding some 'balance'.

Ya'qub wrote:
Ehh, relaaax guy!

I wasn't having a go at you! I was jsut adding some 'balance'.

:? neither was i. Why do ppl take my posts the wrong way. Sad

Salaam congrats
when your there give salaam to my heart its somewhere in madina.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

that isnt cheesy! far from it.

Noor wrote:

Yes it is! He copied it from Tony Bennet.

Well, to be honest the correct spelling is 'cheezy'.

Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:

I dont know who tony bennet is.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

The sentiment is sweet but it sounds like something out of a Bollywood film... Fool

Imaani wrote:
The sentiment is sweet but it sounds like something out of a Bollywood film... Fool

Ive never watched bollywood films so i wouldnt know what your talking about.

Funzo wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:

I dont know who tony bennet is.

He sang "I Left My Heart in San Francisco."

I heard from somewhere that even if we can not attend Hajj-on the days of Hajj we can perform certain rituals so that we can also get the blessings that Allah (swt) is bestowing in this blessed month... is this true and if so what are these rituals?

Saniyah wrote:
I heard from somewhere that even if we can not attend Hajj-on the days of Hajj we can perform certain rituals so that we can also get the blessings that Allah (swt) is bestowing in this blessed month... is this true and if so what are these rituals?

The first 10 days of dhul-hijjah (starting from the 29th December, I think) are the BEST days of the year for extra ibada.

Also you should fast on the day of Arafat (10th)

Welcome back Seraph!

And a massive congratulations on your Hajj mashallah. I pray it is of those that are accepted by Allah (swt).

Seriously, I feel so happy for you. Blum 3

How was it?

Imaani wrote:
Welcome back Seraph!

And a massive congratulations on your Hajj mashallah. I pray it is of those that are accepted by Allah (swt).

How was it?

Thanx Sis.

It was an adventure and a half.

I feel soo at peace right now... even if im a lil tired Lol

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
Imaani wrote:
Welcome back Seraph!

How was it?

Thanx Sis.

It was an adventure and a half.

I feel soo at peace right now... even if im a lil tired Lol

taqabAllah

Serph- Mubarak on your Hajj

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

Seraph, I've noticed that your Avitar has changed. Become whiter.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi