Amnesty: Rape girl, 13, killed for adultery

Amnesty: Rape girl, 13, killed for adultery

MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) -- A 13-year-old girl who said she had been raped was stoned to death in Somalia after being accused of adultery by Islamic militants, a human rights group said.

Dozens of men stoned Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow to death Oct. 27 in a stadium packed with 1,000 spectators in the southern port city of Kismayo, Amnesty International and Somali media reported, citing witnesses. The Islamic militia in charge of Kismayo had accused her of adultery after she reported that three men had raped her, the rights group said...

I read of another case where a young girl around 12/13 was left alone in Saudi with her older brother whilst her parents went away for the weekend. Her brother invited a bunch of guys around and they spent the whole evening smoking weed, drinking alcohol and listening to loud music and when the girl came down to complain of the noise, her brothers friends, in the state of intoxication, all attacked and raped her; her brother meanwhile was unconsious in the bathroom. The next day, when the guys found out who the girl really was they came out with the story that she seduced them and came on to them and that they didnt really have a choice. her brother backed his friends up as he didnt want the islamic authorities to know that he was taking illegal drugs and drinking alcohol and even her own father believed his son and his friends over his daughter.. the girl also fell pregnant from the attack and under saudi law the girl was not allowed to be stoned whilst expecting so she spent her pregnancy locked up and was taken to the hospital in shackles and after she gave birth, the baby was taken away from her and she was stoned to death.

LilSis wrote:
I read of another case where a young girl around 12/13 was left alone in Saudi with her older brother whilst her parents went away for the weekend. Her brother invited a bunch of guys around and they spent the whole evening smoking weed, drinking alcohol and listening to loud music and when the girl came down to complain of the noise, her brothers friends, in the state of intoxication, all attacked and raped her; her brother meanwhile was unconsious in the bathroom. The next day, when the guys found out who the girl really was they came out with the story that she seduced them and came on to them and that they didnt really have a choice. her brother backed his friends up as he didnt want the islamic authorities to know that he was taking illegal drugs and drinking alcohol and even her own father believed his son and his friends over his daughter.. the girl also fell pregnant from the attack and under saudi law the girl was not allowed to be stoned whilst expecting so she spent her pregnancy locked up and was taken to the hospital in shackles and after she gave birth, the baby was taken away from her and she was stoned to death.

:shock:

Omg. I don't know what to say to that. Its not fair that girls are treated like this in some countries, ironically its usually islamic states where stuff like this happens even though Islam has given more rights to women than any other religion

Sad

Salam

These gangs should hang.

How can they kill a girl who had just been raped.

Omrow

I feel really depressed after reading that. Its really disgusting and sad to see that this kind of stuff is still happening in the 21st century.

Naz* wrote:
I feel really depressed after reading that. Its really disgusting and sad to see that this kind of stuff is still happening in the 21st century.

Its sad to hear it happened at all!
some people are so heartless!
they'll be repaid in the hereafter for their evil! :x

'Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets' Baba Ali

Stuff like this is just so awful. Cray 2

This makes me absolutely sick

Disgusting. how can they do this. They cant get away with this.They should be hung What happens if the parent believe the girl and they take her side do they still kill her any way.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

Astagfirullah al Azeem. Ya Allah, please let the books be balanced.
Let's make it blatantly clear that Islam, the religion, does not tolerate and actually challenges things like this. It's just people that make these backward laws. It's the neo-con media that are so ready to believe that this is Islam.
And even if it was consensual, then the hudood conditions are so high that it's virtually impossible to get to that stage. The fundamental rules in Sharia is mercy and rehabilitation. Which leaves the ultra-cons and the neo-cons with no leg to stand on.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

I second that.

Many evil things are done in the name of Islam, but there is no Islam. Sad

Have any Muslim organisations spoken out against this? Isnt this a worthwhile cause to write to the Somalian Government/Embassy about (in the same way that we campaign to have a book censored)?

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Amal wrote:
Isnt this a worthwhile cause to write to the Somalian Government/Embassy about (in the same way that we campaign to have a book censored)?

Lol

Wikipedia is your friend - Somalia is more or less lawless and has had no effective government since a civil war almost two decades ago and "Society" has more or less collapsed and has become desensitised to violence... How many other countries do you know that suffer from pirates running the high seas?

There was a 6 month period a couple of years ago where a broad Islamic coalition took over most of the country and restored a semblance of order.

That was not allowed to stand by the powers that be. The free world could not accept the new regime and a war against terror was launched, replacing the OIC with the older warlord ruled status quo of chaos and violence.

This year, the OIC coalition disintegrated where the leadership signed a peace treaty with the powers that be. The more extreme members of the coalition did not accept that. The "new" OIC is more or less only the extreme fragments of the original OIC and it is probably takfiri by nature.

Large swaths of the "free world" (including us) share the guilt for this (and many other) death(s). No one has acted so far to improve the situation in Somalia. We allowed it to get worse without protest. We never protested when the Somali people tried to improve the situation but were prevented by our governments.

The only people who are probably innocent in this affair is the victim and her family. Afterall if the police broke down your door and arrested you, would you consider your family guilty for not stopping them?

/End rant.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

There was a 6 month period a couple of years ago where a broad Islamic coalition took over most of the country and restored a semblance of order.

That's the saddest part. Many Somali's who'd fled here got to the stage of returning home, only to find that the country got fucked again.

Sorry to swear, but there are times that it feels necessary, because my limited language skills can't do justice to how upset I am about some things.

And my Allah (swt) grant this little girl the status of Shaheed. Ameen.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

According to another report:

"...she was a 23-year-old woman who had confessed to adultery before a Sharia court."

Under Sharia, if I'm correct, confessions can reduce the punishment significantly.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

That's more like US law.

Kill someone then confess and get charged for a minor parking violation.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Lol @ You

Courage wrote:
And even if it was consensual, then the hudood conditions are so high that it's virtually impossible to get to that stage.

That's right. There a re incredibly stringent rules on what makes a hudood-witness and today virtually no-one has a clean enough record to be one.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Courage wrote:
Under Sharia, if I'm correct, confessions can reduce the punishment significantly.

well said!!!

n besides

stoning to death
requires 4 witnesses
its like Sheikh Ibrahim said on the Let's Talk Show
how perversed would a society have to become in order to witness somethin like that
and the stoning to death with 4 witnesses was introduced to REDUCE deathe by stoning

clearly people are still ignorant

n whatever happened to judge not least ye be judged...???
he who hath not sinned cast the first stone

1R4M wrote:

Your thinking of the Bible... in reality people are less forgiving.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
1R4M wrote:

Your thinking of the Bible... in reality people are less forgiving.

yeS i KNOW THAT!
but the principle is universal!
ugh
ppl...so cruel... = [

1R4M wrote:
Courage wrote:

well said!!!

n besides

stoning to death
requires 4 witnesses
how perversed would a society have to become in order to witness somethin like that
and the stoning to death with 4 witnesses was introduced to REDUCE deathe by stoning

What d'ya mean by well said?

The punishment of fornication or adultery can be initiated by a confession aswell.

hows your course going? you've changed...

MuslimBro wrote:

The punishment of fornication or adultery can be initiated by a confession aswell.

Well said.

There is a hadith about a Sahabi confessing to adultery and being stoned.

the sahabiya said she'd rather have the punishement for the sin in this life than the next.

MuslimBro wrote:
1R4M wrote:
Courage wrote:

well said!!!

n besides

stoning to death
requires 4 witnesses

"He who shows no mercy, will get no mercy." Doesn't that sound familiar to you?

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

The Lamp wrote:
MuslimBro wrote:
1R4M wrote:
Courage wrote:

well said!!!

n besides

stoning to death
requires 4 witnesses

"He who shows no mercy, will get no mercy." Doesn't that sound familiar to you?

That is true in general life, but not something for a judge to go by. A judge has to make judgements and also try to keep them void of emotional response.

The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was a very merciful person. However, of the few instances I have heard of where no lenience was given is on the subject of adultery.

Islam makes Marriage easy. It also makes divorce easy (society however makes both difficult). However, to go along with that, there are big punishments for stepping outside the designated areas.

@ Noor - I was talking a different Sahabi (ra). Who did confess, but later also tried to run away from the punishment.

I think most academic scholars agree that unless the high conditions are fulfilled then the maximum hudood penalties cannot be carried out. Like Muhammad (pbuh) said: "He who shows no mercy, will get no mercy.
"It's better to make a mistake in forgiving/being lenient than punishing/being harsh."
(Tirmidhi.)

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

The Lamp wrote:
"It's better to make a mistake in forgiving/being lenient than punishing/being harsh."
(Tirmidhi.)

SubhanAllah! Woah! I've never heard that before.

Awesome.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

but how can we argue that they were not met when we do not even know how old the person was and whether she had claimed rape or not?!?

Yes, in an ideal world there would be no need for even a legitimate execution, but we are not in an ideal world.

We have no idea if the execution was due to social circumstances, religious or even a political statement of intent.

A blanket "its tough to meet hudood standards so she should not have been punished as such" is simply not a good argument.

There are plenty of good arguments against what happened, but that is not one of them.

Pages