RINGS...HARAAAAAAAAM!

yeah soz about the title, but ive been told that its haram for women to wear rings that arnt a certain percentage of gold weigh a certain amount, but then is this only for men?

As far as i know. Women can wear whatever jewellery they want. But guys cant wear gold.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
As far as i know. Women can wear whatever jewellery they want. But guys cant wear gold.

Not strictly true.

Some scholars say (well, I have heard a shaykh-ul-hadith say) that the allowed materials are limited to certain things like gold and silver and that other precious metals etc are not allowed, even for women.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

Not strictly true.

Some scholars say (well, I have heard a shaykh-ul-hadith say) that the allowed materials are limited to certain things like gold and silver and that other precious metals etc are not allowed, even for women.

Really? What was his justification/reasoning?

And please tell me its not 'because i said so'.

Back in BLACK

Why is the title of almost every thread a word, followed by "haraaaaaaam"
how immature

1R4M wrote:
how immature

Oh let the kids have their fun.

Back in BLACK

1R4M wrote:
how immature

It's known as a meme.

Instead of criticising, maybe (help) provide answers. As hard to believe as it may be I suspect that some people come on here for reasons other than for a social hangout.

Issues of halaal and haraam are VERY important, and there shyness on such things is not allowed.

it is important to know what is haraam in order to try and avoid it. Afterall, Islam is more than a social club and being Muslim is more than empty words. There are rules we should get to know and try to follow.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Seraphim wrote:
You wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

Not strictly true.

Really? What was his justification/reasoning?

Can't remember.

The guy was a shaykh-ul-hadith who had been teaching the big books for decades, so it is not from someone small, so if you disagree, don't try to belittle the argument by suggesting he said on on just a whim.

Yeah i heard of that too.
i found the answer on 'Darul Iftaa' (its kinda long!)

basically, men can only wear rings for stamping e.t.c. Women wear rings for adornment, but they can only wear gold and silver.

'Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets' Baba Ali

wednesday wrote:
I have not read any of the posts here!

So, wat do you want a cookie?

Back in BLACK

wednesday wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
wednesday wrote:
I have not read any of the posts here!

So, wat do you want a cookie?

no, a black saphire ring Blum 3

Work for it then woman. Go clean the kitchen floor... im going outside with my friends lol Lol

Back in BLACK

"wednesday" wrote:
I will work for it man

I don't get paid to clean me kitchen floor (obviously!)

No but its good practice

hahaha

"wednesday" wrote:

I don't have to clean no floors to earn something cool

and if it's best for me, then it'll come to me... me not need to do anything!

No you dont have to clean floors to earn good money, but its better than sitting on your hands and knees expecting the ring to fall from the sky.

Back in BLACK

The only ring that is haram for ANYONE to wear, is this one gold ring with ancient writing on it. And if an archaeologist tells you that the writing says: "One Ring to rule them all and in the Darkness bind them." That's the ring.
Sumaiya, if you see that ring under NO CIRCUMSTANCES put it on, it's haram. Don't hand it into the police, they won't be able to handle it. Don't give it to anyone else. Hand it into the Inter-race Council, they'll take care of it from there. Remember, DON'T put it on. Good luck.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Courage wrote:
The only ring that is haram for ANYONE to wear, is this one gold ring with ancient writing on it. And if an archaeologist tells you that the writing says: "One Ring to rule them all and in the Darkness bind them." That's the ring.
Sumaiya, if you see that ring under NO CIRCUMSTANCES put it on, it's haram. Don't hand it into the police, they won't be able to handle it. Don't give it to anyone else. Hand it into the Inter-race Council, they'll take care of it from there. Remember, DON'T put it on. Good luck.

hahahaahahahahahahaahaha!!!!
that was good!

I'm just taking the mick, by the way.

I am wondering on what basis you made the judgement that wearing that ring is haraam...

Plus it tends to corrupt the ring bearer.

Back in BLACK

...plus hobbits are haram because they don't shave their feet.

...and the book is racist and anti-Muslim.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:

Do you shave your feet? I don't think the book is racist, the film just had an all-white cast, hows it anti-Muslim?

Well, look at it this way, at least you ring wearing girls always have an excuse to ask for gold or silver Wink :shock: :o

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Courage wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

Do you shave your feet? I don't think the book is racist, the film just had an all-white cast, hows it anti-Muslim?

I wasn't talking about an all-white cast at all.

The book is a metaphor for the Crusades.

The hero has to travel from Britain all the way to Jerusalem to destroy the ring. A small area right into the heart of the Muslim world.

The orcs are supposed to represent the Muslims, or more precisely the 'Saracens', which was the name they used to give to Turks.

I thought this was common knowledge.

But what does the ring represent?

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
But what does the ring represent?

'Truth'? 'Power'?

I don't care anymore, I'm bored of the rings.

Good question Jedi. I think it deserves a new thread...

As far as i know it is halal for a women to adorn herself with jewellery be it gold or not as long as her jewellery is not on display to non- mehrams,ie she is covered upon leaving the home, however it is forbidden for a man to wear gold and silk allah knows best.

Seraphim wrote:
1R4M wrote:
how immature

WOW SHOCK! That coming from Seraph is like :O

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

xSmurfy786x wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
1R4M wrote:
how immature

Whats that supposed to mean?

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
xSmurfy786x wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
1R4M wrote:
how immature

lol u wasnt so nice 2 me when i joined forum Sad

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

xSmurfy786x wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
xSmurfy786x wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
1R4M wrote:
how immature

hmmmm, interesting theory.

Cant possibly think why id dislike a blue midget. :roll:

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
xSmurfy786x wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
xSmurfy786x wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
1R4M wrote:
how immature

hmmmm, interesting theory.

Cant possibly think why id dislike a blue midget. :roll:

LOL crazyy stuff innitt

xSmurfy786x wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
xSmurfy786x wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
xSmurfy786x wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
1R4M wrote:
how immature