Investigation

Salaam
well in brief i have to do an investigation followed up by a presentation and a 5,000 word essay about a certain topic but it has to be an investigation i was thinking of "does terrorism really exist in islam?" but i thought it would be a bit naive of me to tackle such a huge subject, any ideas, thoughts? queries? fire ahead.
jzk

you mean you want help on your homework?

Behold...Me!

Terrorism is a big topic and with only 5,000 words your not going to do it justice. You can still do it on terrorism but your gonna have to narrow it down and focus on something more specific.

How about analysing the different pieces of terrorist legislation and the affect they have had on Muslims? The Home office website is quite good

Or maybe do a comparison of the powers the police had under PACE with the extended powers they have now under the terrorist legislation. Has this extended powers given to the police led to abuse/mistakes ie Charles de menezes

Or maybe trace back to the origins of terrorism, the IRA

Hope that helps Biggrin

Do one on OBL.

Why the millenium dome was a waste of money.

War on Terror was BS and really about Oil.

9/11 and its side-effects

why High School Musical is lame and re-enforces stereotypes lol

Back in BLACK

Naz* wrote:
Terrorism is a big topic and with only 5,000 words your not going to do it justice. You can still do it on terrorism but your gonna have to narrow it down and focus on something more specific.

How about analysing the different pieces of terrorist legislation and the affect they have had on Muslims? The Home office website is quite good

Or maybe do a comparison of the powers the police had under PACE with the extended powers they have now under the terrorist legislation. Has this extended powers given to the police led to abuse/mistakes ie Charles de menezes

Hope that helps Biggrin

yeah it did well where i live there is this new funding thats come in called the pve (preventing violence and extremism) its targeted at the muslim community specifically and my school used i think £60,000 maybe i should do an investigation into this whether the money was actually needed or whether it could be put to better use and the 5,000 word thing is minimum it goes up to i think 10,000 words probably more.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Seraphim wrote:
Do one on OBL.

Why the millenium dome was a waste of money.

9/11 and its side-effects

Lol to all but i think it has to be something productive.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Seraphim wrote:

Fool High School Musical is sooooo cooool Biggrin hahahaha!

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

xSmurfy786x wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

:roll:

Back in BLACK

i would like to rest seraphs case.

Seraphim wrote:

'BS' stands for 'a Bit Silly', right?

Wink

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

'BS' stands for 'a Bit Silly', right?

Wink

eeerrrrr.... sure whatever... go with that Biggrin

Back in BLACK

Funzo wrote:

yeah it did well where i live there is this new funding thats come in called the pve (preventing violence and extremism) its targeted at the muslim community specifically and my school used i think £60,000 maybe i should do an investigation into this whether the money was actually needed or whether it could be put to better use and the 5,000 word thing is minimum it goes up to i think 10,000 words probably more.

You could also consider if the £60,000 injection by the PVE into the Muslim community has actually benefited them and/or made any difference. What projects/organistations should money be invested into. Are there organisations that can actually successfully implement/spend the financial aid provided? Is the Muslim community in need of more organised/other organisations/projects etc? Is it simply a patronising move and action by the UK government?

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Can I just ask what subject is this for?

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Salam

Funzo:

Is it morally right to spread democracy by force.

My friend did this recently.

You can phrase the investigation thus: Benefits and harms of using force to spread democracy.

This subject is not too big and can be done easily.

Iraq and Afghanistan can be use as case studies.

Documents and speeches can used from the internet and newspapers.

Threat of regime changes in Iran, Syria, Lebanon are
further examples of use of force to promote one particular ideology.

In this case a neo-con agenda.

If it is right, then Russia was correct to want a
change of government in Georgia in the recent war.

Hope that helps.

Omrow

Courage wrote:

aqa baccalaruette

xSmurfy786x wrote:

you have got to be kidding!

Behold...Me!

Funzo wrote:
Naz* wrote:

Hope that helps Biggrin

Ive never heard of that funding but go for it. Its good to have some sort of background already on your chosen subject. Also by the sounds of it your really passionate about this specific area which is a good thing because it means you wont loose interest half way through. Plus i dont know anyone that i know of that has done a dissertation/thesis on this particular area.

Should make an interesting read. Be sure to put it up on the forum for all of us to have good read. Biggrin

xSmurfy786x wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

Its cheesy BUT there is one song that i like from it. Very catchy Biggrin

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

every HSM movie has the same plot in it. were about to go to college and my geeky friends find it 'wicked' its embarassing! theyre now deeply into 'camp rock' (only coz the jonahs bros are there) completely obsessed!

Behold...Me!

Sumaiya wrote:
every HSM movie has the same plot in it. were about to go to college and my geeky friends find it 'wicked' its embarassing! theyre now deeply into 'camp rock' (only coz the jonahs bros are there) completely obsessed!

Theres just too much singing and dancing in it... if i want to see that ill watch a bolly flick. If i want something to drink... ill obey my thirst (after iftari ofcourse Wink )

Back in BLACK

Funzo wrote:
Courage wrote:

aqa baccalaruette

I've never heard of that before. Is it a Level 3 Course or a Higher?

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Courage wrote:
Funzo wrote:
Courage wrote:

aqa baccalaruette

I've never heard of that before. Is it a Level 3 Course or a Higher?

its an A level course.