Is Amir Khan's Career Finished After His Defeat Against Prescott?

Yes
28% (54 votes)
No
59% (112 votes)
Maybe
13% (25 votes)
Total votes: 191

Salaam
Amir Khan knocked out so easily and devastatingly by an unknown boxer.
Now who would have expected this?

Did anyone predict this?

what went wrong for Amir?

Is his career finished now? or will he come back and be world champion one day?

I was listening to Radio 5 Live after the fight and most callers were turning against him saying he wasnt that good anyway!

So what do you make of it?

wasalaam

Oh no this isn't the end. I think and certainly hope he comes back stronger and wiser.

His opponent wasn't unknown but a really good boxer, with an excellent knock out record. So much so that Amir Khan's promoter was asked whether he was the right choice of opponent at this stage. To which he replied he went on the advice of a 'new trader'. Hhmmm.

I feel kinda sorry for Amir Khan. Although my sister feels sad and is surprised he lost she thinks maybe it'll do him good. She thinks he was getting just ever so slightly cocky.

I am really surprised and saddened by some of the comments about him since losing. It seems like all of a sudden ppl have just turned against him. I haven't heard or read any 'professional' ie press, reports yet, but comments by the general public are very negative and some quite racist.

Inshallah I pray he comes back stronger. I think he's a good example of a British Muslim.

hmmm,

He's a professional boxer. You win some you loose some. Thats how it goes. It was bound to eventually happen. He'll learn from this and will be back.

Id seen his opponent training and I knew this guy was going to be lethal. Ive seen Amir fight loads of times, but this guy blew him away. I could sit here and say he did this and that wrong but i wont.

Bottomline: Amir will be back. Better than before.

Back in BLACK

Who watches boxing anyways?

Behold...Me!

only sadists would watch two guys beat each other up!

Behold...Me!

If he's a professional boxer he'll get over it.

I only ever watched boxing when the legend Muhammad Ali use to fight.

Never watched Amir Khan but I wish him luck.

Angel

Anonymous wrote:

Angel

Yeah Muhammad Ali Rocks!!!!!!! Biggrin

'Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets' Baba Ali

hmmm,

Clearly shows how little you know of boxing.

And it seems to meyou only think Muhammad Ali was good becoz he was a Muslim.

Back in BLACK

Its good that he lost. He was getting too big for his boots.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

dont you mean union jack?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

who you talking to Seraph?

If it's me then nope i dont think Muhammad Ali was great coz he was Muslim, I watched him play when i was a little girl, heard his interviews, loved the guys, hes amazing. He not only can fight but he's hell of a talker and a comedian!

He finished, he lost to a opponent who in his last fight won by spilt decision against a fighter who fought on short notice. Prescott was meant to be too slow for Amir Khan and they thought Amir would make him look stupid with his speed. Amir is an offensive fighter, who can't fight on the backfoot and has been exposure before. He a very limited fighter with to many yes men behind him, so will he be able to come back? I think not unless he changes the environment around him and go back to basic.

Wow

I didnt watch the fight (sky box office???!!!), but i was in my room when i put the radio on to check what was happening and the fight started, i heard it all live. Could not believe it. Was not so much sad, more shocked.

I am not that upset he lost bcoz..... of the manner in which it happened. Full credit to Prescott, he came to Khan's neck of the woods and did a job. Obviously it was Khan's fault in that his defence was not good enough. But yes, it is sad that he lost in Ramadan, and he is a Pakistani Muslim bro.

It will be hard to forget what happened to him, he will have it in his mind whenever he steps into the ring. BUT, he's not the 1st boxer to lose a fight. I wish him well. I hope he comes back, he is only 21.

Good luck and hard luck Amir

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

Anonymous wrote:

Angel

how old are you?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I don't think it is over.

He may never be world champion, but that is not the same as having no career.

I don't really care about him, but some of the racist comments I saw in other places last night were an eye opener.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

23, what has that got to do with anything :s

Angel

Anonymous wrote:

Muhammad Ali retired 27 years ago. I guess you watched the repeats or those videos about him being greatest boxer evaarrrr with clips of fights etc etc.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

ONE DEFEAT DOES NOT HIGHLIGHT HIS FUTURE FIGHTS!....Amir Khan said himself he made stupid mistakes...it happenz...he`s a champ and hes gna cum back stronger....after one fight you cannot say his career is finished...if you ask him or anyother boxer dat question dey would jus laugh in your face!

Rocky

Anonymous wrote:

Angel

Yeah, because I thought you would have to be about 40 to remember watching his fights.

I saw a documentary about his life. I do respect him, especially with his opposition to the Vietnam war, but he's not soooo great like his 'legend status' implies. I think with him, like many others, their reputations dictate what people think and say about them, without actually knowing anything.

Salam

Breidis said that Amir Khan wears nappies.

I think his mum and sisters were very upset at that.

He called Khan a "SPOILT BRAT"

Breidis mocked Amir saying the he is a “pampered baby”

Amir Khan lasted less then one minutes against Breidis Prescott.

Amir's jaw may have been broken by Breidis.

I think he should give up now and get back to his girly ways.

Omrow

Khan was fighting a boxer 4 years his senior, taller, stronger and with a phoenominal record of 17 ko's from 19 bouts. Khan will come back and a defeat so early in his career could help him. haye had been beaten early in his career and is now world class. the question is though who chose prescott, surely not mistaken for john ;

BBC Sport wrote:

The ugly side of boxing

Promoter Frank Warren was quick to point out that it was new trainer Jorge Rubio who had recommended the 25-year-old from Barranquilla as an opponent. It could be one of the shortest unions in boxing history.

i also dont believe he should have been training/boxing in Ramadhan

BD Brother wrote:

i also dont believe he should have been training/boxing in Ramadhan

tru

Back in BLACK

Hurting yourself is not allowed.

Its not nice to damage your own body.

I'm sure he'll be back! Before he went down he said to his opponent: "Strike me down and I'll come back more powerful than you can imagine!"
And that's just what'll happen, hopefully.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Courage wrote:
Before he went down he said to his opponent: "Strike me down and I'll come back more powerful than you can imagine!"

He didn't say that. You're thinking of Star Wars again.

I was kidding about someone else's post. i don't really think he said that.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Pages