What's on TV

Salam

Many different topics have been initiated regarding TV programs.

I think we should have a didicated TV only thread.

Therefore, if you think something interesting
is coming on TV, then please post it here.

I will start off:

Watch: Newsnight 9 July 2008 BBC 2 10:30 pm

It will show Wahhabi issues in Saudi Arabia.

Omrow

Watch the American version of the office.

I have no idea when its on or which channel, but try to find out, for your own benefit.

It's way cool.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Watch Bone kickers!
If you can teleport or use iPlayer to see Criminal Justice or Doctor Who!

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Salam

Next week Channel 4 is showing a full program dedicated especially to the Holy Quran.

The Qur’an

The Qur’an has become the most ideologically influential text in the world, but what does it actually say? And how much do Muslims and non-Muslims understand its message and its history?

Channel 4 - Monday 8.00 p.m. 14 July 2008

The forum by the monkey atheist Professor of Oxford, Richard Dawkins, is already mocking the muslim Holy Book.

I think you honrable muslim ladies should voice your opinions there too.

Omrow

Omrow wrote:
Salam

Next week Channel 4 is showing a full program dedicated especially to the Holy Quran.

The Qur’an

The Qur’an has become the most ideologically influential text in the world, but what does it actually say? And how much do Muslims and non-Muslims understand its message and its history?

Channel 4 - Monday 8.00 p.m. 14 July 2008

The forum by the monkey atheist Professor of Oxford, Richard Dawkins, is already mocking the muslim Holy Book.

I think you honrable muslim ladies should voice your opinions there too.

Omrow

Does anyone know if there is repeat of this programme? It looks really interesting but wont be able to watch it. Cray 2

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Shia Ulema the Ayatollahs will be interviewed as well.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

What did they show on todays seven wonders of the Muslim worls on channel 4?

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

Ah man, missed yesterdays one aswell.

I think on sunday there is an hour long version of the wonders of the muslim world...maybe it shows all of them together...dunno.

Anyway, who's seen shariah tv? it was quite interesting, but they cam e up with a VERY strange 'fatwa' that muslim women can marry non-muslim men.

And I think Ajmal is now the Imam of Channel 4

Don't just do something! Stand there.

This isnt on TV, but I really commend the project that has been initiated here. It is a beautiful example of what we Muslims can do to tackle Islamophobia:

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Ya'qub wrote:
Anyway, who's seen shariah tv? it was quite interesting, but they cam e up with a VERY strange 'fatwa' that muslim women can marry non-muslim men.

I used to watch it before.

You'll hear more strange fatwas in your lifetime. Some 'scholar' from Turkey came up with a fatwa that bcoz of recent times Muslims don't need to pray 5 times a day, he decreased it to something like 2/3 times a day. Was told by someone reliable who keeps up-to-date with what's happening around the world. And scholars from Azhar in Egypt had to refute him. This happened some time back.

Ya'qub wrote:
I think on sunday there is an hour long version of the wonders of the muslim world...maybe it shows all of them together...dunno.

And I think Ajmal is now the Imam of Channel 4

I think on sunday they will show the Hajj?..of all the people they are following on the weekdays.

I found the 10 minute ones on youtube if anyone missed them..here is wednesdays...blue mosque...(I was there last month Biggrin )