Forum Personalities

Question, when do you lot choose your Forum Personality of the year? When do you nominate? Is that the only award on the Forums? I think there should be more you know, Best Newcomer, Best Comedian, Best Challenge Taker (or something like that)?
Just to make it more interesting.

Courage wrote:
Question, when do you lot choose your Forum Personality of the year? When do you nominate? Is that the only award on the Forums? I think there should be more you know, Best Newcomer, Best Comedian, Best Challenge Taker (or something like that)?
Just to make it more interesting.

salaam

this is normally done at end of the year

but we can start nominations early this year and announce winners in december

so nominations are:

FORUM PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR:

BEST NEWBIE:

MOST ANNOYING MEMBER:

MOST HILARIOUS:

MOST KNOWLEDGABLE:

MOST CONTROVERSIAL:

MOST SECTARIAN:
start nominating now and give a reason for your nomination

wasalaam

Here we go again another popularity contest. I dont see what you can achieve by holding these stupid contests nor is there is advantage to them.

Let the fighting commence!

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

we should also have a party pooper category.............

^^^ Have your popularity contest I aint stopping you. If you think your cheap digs are gonna stop me from disagreeing with something then think again!!!

Hey,

Why don't we name these awards as ..........wait for it Wink ...............

"ROLLYWOOD"

.......R is for Revival ......(just incase the penny did not drop) :roll: :roll:

I disagree with holding such award ceremonies......................primarily because some categories may target persons in order to demonise or mock them !!!!!!!!!!!

oh and if someperson should win a good personality award ...... what do they receive from the forum in terms of material recognition !!!!!!!!!!!

Well, maybe everyone should vote then or nominate.
Best Newbie, I would nominate Love to Live.
Most Hilarious, either Mez or Malik.
Don't know about the rest.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

This is already beginning to take that sinister turn :?

I agree with Naz on this one.

This serves no purpose at all.

Back in BLACK

we have a revival forum personality EVERY year

all of a sudden its a 'bad' thing! lol

the purpose is to show your appreciation of fellow forum users. Those who might have inspired you, those who you might have learnt something from, those who are full of wisdom, those that crack you up etc....
its a fun and harmless practise...
ok may be not have nominations for those that annoy you, who are sectarian etc but just the positive options.

Forum members make or break this forum, this thread was a platform to show some appreciation.

ah well....

I was gonna nominate someone for 'most annoying', but I just can't think of any single person...

I've got my final short-list for this down to about 7 or 8 of you so far

but so many of you who deserve this award for all your hard work over the past few months, being as annoying as humanly possible.

[size=4]I'm kidding BTW. I love you all, really[/size]

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Showing appreciation is all good, but I am totally against having any negative (in any way, shape or form) categories. So people if you have something good to say then please do so, otherwise please refrain from posting in this thread. Jazaakhallah.

Imaani wrote:
Showing appreciation is all good, but I am totally against having any negative (in any way, shape or form) categories. So people if you have something good to say then please do so, otherwise please refrain from posting in this thread. Jazaakhallah.

There will ne no negative categories.

The categories are:

BEST NEWBIE:

MOST HILARIOUS:

MOST KNOWLEDGABLE:

You have to give a reason for your nomination

if anyone doesnt wanna take part thats fine, just dont stop others from doing so.
Its not life and death.
Its a bit of fun
Its showing appreciation of fellow forum members ...not World War 3!

MOST ANNOYING MEMBER: We should keep this one.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:

NO. it will become back biting. speaking against ppl and saying things that will offen dthem is bad ettiquette. And soon it will escalate to petty cat fights and full blown civil war!!! lol

Funzo wrote:

funzo you know you're gona win that one so whats the point?!

FORUM PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR: naz

BEST NEWBIE: long live / courage

MOST HILARIOUS: honestly, no one

MOST KNOWLEDGABLE: yaqub / msbro

why? because i said so!

Thank you Noor.
Hilarious I would say would be either Malik, because he's funny or Mez, well cos she's a joker.

salaam,

A polite request. Could you please leave me out of it. Thank you

JazakAllah

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Noor wrote:
Funzo wrote:

funzo you know you're gona win that one so whats the point?!

Thats the whole point!!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

I will reserve my nomination until a later date.

BEST NEWBIE:
I vote Ya'qub, because in my eyes he's still a newbie. He got my vote because he's funny, cheesy, sincere and a nice person. However what really impressed me was the way he got his teeth stuck into the editorial side.

MOST HILARIOUS:
Joie de Vivre! I was thinking of Ya'qub but one instance in particular sealed it for me:

Quote:
Someone1: Girls don't know anything about football.
Someone2: Football's for everyone!
Joie: Except for Arsenal. It's for almost everyone.

MOST KNOWLEDGABLE:
Noor. Rapidly becoming irreplaceable as a research aide on the editorial board.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Naz wrote:
salaam,

A polite request. Could you please leave me out of it. Thank you

JazakAllah

I can try, I'm not making any guarentees.

LOL at the categories. Should we revive this tradition, and nominate people?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

go on then....i need someone to nominate me before i can second the motion Wink

-what u waiting for????!

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

i nominate Billz for most annoying

now i 3rd that motion to reinsate these nominations Biggrin

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

my poor back

but ill take what i can get ;). not fussy me. can i be nominated for the least fussy category too??? cos im not fussy Biggrin

Hmmm...we'll have 2 see...! Blum 3 u sure ur not fussy?!

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

Most Creative Blogger: Letters To Cleo

Most Knowledgeable: MB

Most Misunderstood
Foysol Blum 3

Most Controversial
: Rawrrs (Is that the right word - for anyone who agree? hmmm It sounds tooo negative but it's not meant to be)

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

:LOL: i like how you're creatig new categories just to show what you think of some of us.
it's kind of cheating but i like Wink

It's true i am misunderstood Sad

too early for nominations plus i wanna see a fight for the Best Personality :twisted: :badgrin:

P.S just incase you misunderstand i know that's kinda controversial....it was a joke LOL

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

When does Rawrrs be controversial?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Nasheedgirl wrote:
Hmmm...we'll have 2 see...! Blum 3 u sure ur not fussy?!

positive Wink

Pages