Stereotypes

I'm not too sure about the general british asian community, but in the area where I am from, White english women are generalised and frowned upon as being tarty, gold diggers, users (not my opinion - i must stress that) but unfortunate as it is, I have heard such stereotypes flying around.

What my contention is, whether some asian girls are also following suit......I have noticed a consideerable increase in asian gals seeking the "bad boy", fully loaded car, money (drug dealer) and so on..........Is my observation appropriate and true of todays world?

WHEN I STARTED COLLEGE IN SEPTEMBER 2006 A LOT OF GOREY THOUGHT I WAS SIKH BECAUSE I HAD A BEARD

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

big bro wrote:
WHEN I STARTED COLLEGE IN SEPTEMBER 2006 A LOT OF GOREY THOUGHT I WAS SIKH BECAUSE I HAD A BEARD

lol how is that relevant to the topic?

Ive noticed quite a few girls that are into bad boys. Personally i dont see what the attraction is, they are losers that dont work, scrounge off mummy and daddy and walk around thinking they are all that. They are a joke and get on my nerves.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

One of my friends asked me what religion I followed. Another friend told him to be really stereotypical and guess. And he STILL got it wrong! Thought I was a Hindu!

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

I AGREE WITH NAZ ON THIS ONE. A LOT TOSSERS DOSS AROUND IN THEIR HIRED CARS DRIVING AROUND SEVERAL TIMES AROUND THE BLOCK CHECKING OUT "FIT GALS"., NO QUALIFICATIONS ALWAYS ON THE DOLE CLAIMING JOBSEEKERS ALOWANCE. THINK THEY ARE ALL THAT. THEY DO MY HEAD IN

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

They're after the buzz! it's not worth it girls! And guys!

love to live but living to die wrote:
did u just realise that now?

Realised what?

believe it or not but everyone stereotypes regardless of your intention

Even now some of you have stereotyped a 'BAD GUY' by stating that they drive around hired cars, rely on their parents and their dossers but there are brothers who work hard for their life and they just like to dress up.. Im not saying your wrong but your still stereotyping, everyone does it

I memeba a phrase my junior school head told me on the day I left, she said Don't Judge a Man by the kind of clothes he wears. Thus meaning do not judge an individual by their looks rather by their actions and their intentions

Sori if that dont make sense lol

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

RuBz wrote:

Even now some of you have stereotyped a 'BAD GUY' by stating that they drive around hired cars, rely on their parents and their dossers but there are brothers who work hard for their life and they just like to dress up.. Im not saying your wrong but your still stereotyping, everyone does it

I memeba a phrase my junior school head told me on the day I left, she said Don't Judge a Man by the kind of clothes he wears. Thus meaning do not judge an individual by their looks rather by their actions and their intentions

AS good advice as that is... people out there in the real world WILL judge you by the clothes you wear. They dont know you, so what are they gonna base an opinon on other than your appearance. Stupid i know... but true.

Thats why first impressions are important. In some circumstances the clothes make the man.

Again stupid i know. But thats the world we live in.

Back in BLACK

If someone comes to a business meeting in a tracksuit then yeah, that's a bit not right, but if someone comes to college or uni in a full black suit everyday and acts very uptight, then chill man!
You need to wear the right clothes for the right occasion. I think it's a mixture of what you wear and how you act that defines who you are.

Seraphim wrote:
RuBz wrote:

AS good advice as that is... people out there in the real world WILL judge you by the clothes you wear. They dont know you, so what are they gonna base an opinon on other than your appearance. Stupid i know... but true.

Thats why first impressions are important. In some circumstances the clothes make the man.

Again stupid i know. But thats the world we live in.

seen, I understand what you're saying and its all true, you can never win in this dunya, Thats why if you know deep down that you are God fearing and that the way you act with people is honest and you know your morals, then you shouldn't care about what other think or say BUT we still do...stupid like you say lol

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

RuBz wrote:
seen, I understand what you're saying and its all true, you can never win in this dunya, Thats why if you know deep down that you are God fearing and that the way you act with people is honest and you know your morals, then you shouldn't care about what other think or say BUT we still do...stupid like you say lol

Reminds me of a story.

Father and son were travelling and the father was seated on the donkey. They passed by a group of people who said what a bad father, letting his young child walk. So he got off and let his son sit on the donkey. They then passed by a group of people who said what a bad child, letting his old father walk. So the father said lets both sit on the donkey. They then passed by a group of people who said what cruel people, do they have no mercy on the poor donkey. So they both got off and started walking with the donkey. They then passed by a group of people who said are you stupid, no-one is riding the donkey. So the father said son, let us both carry the donkey. End of story.

^ lol I found that funny

but I get what you're saying. It's human nature to care about what others say and think and we should in sense that we should prevent bad words being said bout us or our culture/religion and so on but then agen if we lived decently then we wouldn't have to worry about any of that.. Its never easy..complicated

Salam

BMW is right. Stereotypes do exist.

Girls want to be boys not because they like this but because they believe that boys like it.

Evidently they are mistaken.

Boys like women to be females. Those that dont, they turn out eventually to be gays.

Omrow

Ahhh good to have you back omorow

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Omrow wrote:
Salam

BMW is right. Stereotypes do exist.

Girls want to be boys not because they like this but because they believe that boys like it.

Evidently they are mistaken.

Boys like women to be females. Those that dont, they turn out eventually to be gays.

Omrow

Stop listening to Born Slippy!

Don't just do something! Stand there.