HONESTY & ASIANS

How often can these two words (honesty & asian) be strung together in a sentence in a positive light..............

In my experience, not many asian (i mean pakistani, bengali & inidian) people are too honest when it comes to business dealings......This is my primary reason for wishing to pay a bit more elsewhere i.e. non-asian business in order to gain a peace of mind in my purchase.....

who else has observed such a pattern?

BM wrote:
How often can these two words (honesty & asian) be strung together in a sentence in a positive light..............

In my experience, not many asian (i mean pakistani, bengali & inidian) people are too honest when it comes to business dealings......This is my primary reason for wishing to pay a bit more elsewhere i.e. non-asian business in order to gain a peace of mind in my purchase.....

who else has observed such a pattern?

although it seems like an unfair assumption, you are right in some respect...

can't say ive ever brought something of an asian and felt like ive got a decent bargain, or that theres nothing wrong with it!

some examples of asians 'doing buisness'

1) asian owned corner shops do not list prices on their items, they sorta make up prices as they go along

2) if you get your car serviced at an asian garage, you know they won't actually do anything to the car, they just charge you for it anyway

3) at an asian resturant, you'll have second thoughts before putting the food into your mouth, the food might be yesterdays leftovers, or out of date

4) when you buy a car off an asian and it says 12 months MOT and only 30000 miles on the clock, you know the MOT is a fake and the mileage is really low because the clocks been turned back

aside from that, we asians are very good people!

come on, we've got to make a living!

I'll paste my experience from another simialr thread:

1, I left my car for a repair/service at a Garage run by a Pakistani...I later found out from someone who was also working at that garage that the mechanic stripped parts off my car and fitted them onto someone else's car. The name of the mechanic was Ibby and he is from Coppice. I am never going back to that garage again...The garage is on Nield Street, Hathershaw (Oldham).
2, My brother lost about 800 pounds on the mobile phone cashback scam, which was carried out by the phone shop on George Street, which was run by Ateeq Rashid.

There are countless other examples of where I have been ripped-off by Pakistanis, and for that reason I would rather go to non-Pakistani people, even if I have to pay more.

I feel Pakistanis are the worst.

BD Brother wrote:
as the spanish motto for eur08 goes - being spanish is not an excuse but a Responibility ..(apparently ..)

Ser Español no es una excusa pero un responsibilidad!

Think that's right.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Oh! BD Bro, swearing in someone else's language!

i think this topic is racist

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

I think BM has a grudge against Asians.

Courage wrote:
Oh! BD Bro, swearing in someone else's language!

it was meant to be mildly humorous considering you gave the exact slogan ...

Do not allow others to think they can abuse you on the basis that they are the same race/religion/gender etc as you. Leave business as business, whether its your friend, or family, are of the same religion or other distinction.

Be EQUITABLE in all your dealings; do not allow your relationships to dictate how you treat them in business. This opens the door for corruption. I even include your brothers and sisters, cousins, uncles, etc.

IMO, this is why we may feel that we have the upper hand to EXPECT a discount or special treatment, or that they can EXPECT to rip you off, treat you badly, provide you with a bad service than if you were of another race, religion, gender, etc.

I dont think business corruption is part and parcel of the asian culture. Its part of every culture, perhaps we may see it more in areas with large asian populations. Just look at the world map, and you will see some examples of similar corruption taking place, i.e. the British Ministry of Defence and Saudi billion pounds deal on fighter jets, or giant US construction corporations being conveniently quickly signed up to rebuild and reconstruct Iraq. :roll: :?:

The fact is that sadly TRUSTWORTHY people with high levels of INTEGRITY, HONESTY and PRINCIPALS never to be compromised are very very rare indeed. :?

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

salaam,

I do not begrudge asians whatsoever (I am a paki). However, what I cannot comprehend is the levels of corruption and lack of integrity amongst muslims when dealing with customers. Our Islam sets strict guidelines (codes of conduct) for business transactions, i.e. No misappropriation in weighing goods, etc.. Nevertheless I find that muslim business people are often the most dishonest. I not only state this observation on here, rather, I have stated this on many occasions to business men and I feel this to be constructive criticism and not negative.

The reason us muslims often feel "happier" to pay (maybe more) at non-muslim businesses is because they often deal in the "Muslim Way"....i.e. with honesty and with a smile Smile

I for one, bought some furniture the other day deliberatley from a non-muslim chain store with the assurance in my mind that I will be treated fairly should the product prove faulty. How many can say that for an asian store (unless they are known to u)?

I feel ashamed & embarrased........as unfortunate as it is!!!

After that rant.....I do try my best to purchase goods at a muslim shop as often as possible, for the pleasure of Allah (rab-al-a'lameen) because not every "muslim businessman is bad", when I feel the sincerity and honesty.

I don't think you cann judge all asians due to a minority who choose to cheat people in order to make some dosh

I think its just their own nature and therefore they do not think bout the consequences of their actions and that being putting azns in the bad light

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

I just done business with one, the product wasnt up to standard asked for a full refund and recieved it, so no, not all asians are bad.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

BM wrote:
salaam,

I do not begrudge asians whatsoever (I am a paki). However, what I cannot comprehend is the levels of corruption and lack of integrity amongst muslims when dealing with customers. Our Islam sets strict guidelines (codes of conduct) for business transactions, i.e. No misappropriation in weighing goods, etc.. Nevertheless I find that muslim business people are often the most dishonest. I not only state this observation on here, rather, I have stated this on many occasions to business men and I feel this to be constructive criticism and not negative.

The reason us muslims often feel "happier" to pay (maybe more) at non-muslim businesses is because they often deal in the "Muslim Way"....i.e. with honesty and with a smile Smile

I for one, bought some furniture the other day deliberatley from a non-muslim chain store with the assurance in my mind that I will be treated fairly should the product prove faulty. How many can say that for an asian store (unless they are known to u)?

I feel ashamed & embarrased........as unfortunate as it is!!!

After that rant.....I do try my best to purchase goods at a muslim shop as often as possible, for the pleasure of Allah (rab-al-a'lameen) because not every "muslim businessman is bad", when I feel the sincerity and honesty.

I appreciate your frustrations and concerns about deception and corruption in business (even though I disagree about the "Muslim/Asian" part!).. But the only way to tackle the propblem is not to disassociate ourselves from Muslim/Asian businesses, because that only brushes problem under the carpet. I believe that we need to continue with transactions and dealings, but strictly and firmly sticking to business, and leaving it as that.
i.e. if I was to subscribe to the Revival magazine, I wouldnt ask for a discount because I may have a friend that works for them etc. This is NOT something I, nor the revival subscribtions manager? SHOULD necessarily expect, because it is BUSINESS. If I, for example, try to ask for a discount, the subscriptions manager needs to be FAIR and NOT give it. This will reinforce the message of truthful and just business, and inshaAllah teach others on correct business etiquette. (In case anyone is wondering, NO i did not try and ask for a Revival magazine discount! :pp )

Similarly, if a Muslim/Asian person deals with you incorrectly (i.e. rips you off), handle the situation in a business-like (but fair) manner - complain appropriately (i.e. go through any complaints procedure they may have in place), report them to any ombudsman/organisation/regulatory body they may be part of, report them to Trading Standards, Which, Office of Fair Trading (OFT), your local MP, visit your local citizen's advice bureau/solicitor, etc. THIS is the only way that the corrupt business people will have to get their act together and learn that they cannot get away with scamming you and everyone else they come across. If we avoid Muslim/Asian businesses, then any such corruption will remain, not least because they think and have been getting away with it to date.

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

# Asian shops 99% of the time have a non-refund policy, and sometimes even non-exchange,
i.e clothes stores. ie return a box of broken eggs to Alis grocery store he's more likely to say no refund its not from my store, but then the cheap sticky label with Ali's name on it will save the day!

#most asian stores do not have receipts, and if they do it's hard to tell how much each item cost as there is no item description.

#you will recieve a bag but rest assured they aren't recycable or reusable they will split before you get your goods home

# you can haggle with asians thinking you got your product down from 100 quid to £70, when the item actually cost less than the so called rrp to begin with.

# don't get me started on asian furniture shops my parents have let me with many great childhood memories lol. Asians think shopping in asian furniture stores will save them money, yes some of them are tight but some just think they're getting a bargain. Well they buy a sofa from "Adnans" it lasts a lifetime but it is as hard as a rock, no joy to sit on. Anyways its always covered with those floral covers and cushions, you never actually see the sofa. The headboard on the bed falls off second day, Adnans crew come and patch it up. Parents brag to kids would DFS give you that sort of home service loooooool.

# Asian shops let you buy on credit, they're not fussy about how long it takes, but lets face it by the time the credit is payed the goods are wasted.

# If there is no price for the bunch of corriander one assistant will tell you its 89p another will say 1 quid. But this is great coz then you can barter your own price 90p lets call it quits!

I am well aware these are stereotypes but unfortunately stereotypes don't come from thin air, sometimes they are partly true. But i doubt its just true of asians.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Look i dont want to sound rude but can you please stop stereotyping, im an asian furthermore im a muslim and if i was to do business i would act in that way. I have been doing dealings with asians all my life and what you say is a load of hi5 nonsense so please can you leave it out!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Here's the simple solution, if an Asian or anyone chooses to rip you off, threaten to sue them, make sure they know that you've got rights. They'll think twice before doing anything dodgy.

Courage wrote:
Here's the simple solution, if an Asian or anyone chooses to rip you off, threaten to sue them, make sure they know that you've got rights. They'll think twice before doing anything dodgy.

You say that to an asian and they will laugh in your face. Most of them think they are above the law.

Personally the only reason i avoid shopping in Asian shops is coz they have no manners. I absolutely detest rude ppl. You walk through the door and no salaam, they are busy gossiping away. Nothing ever has a price on it (they charge different rates to different ppl). If one of their friends or relatives pops in they will stop serving you and start serving them! If some aunty shoves you with her huge rear end she wont even apologise.

In an English shop they always greet you and ask whether you need any assistance. They believe in the queue system and they have prices on everything if they dont they will find out for you.

@Funzo shut up!

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Would walking the walk actually wipe out the smile? Obviously, there some honest ones out there.

I walked into a takeaway a few days ago and the (Asian) guy behind the counter was talking to some women about how he has never met anyone who is honest and never tells a lie.

And if he did find such a person he would give them a £1000.

MuslimBro wrote:
I walked into a takeaway a few days ago and the (Asian) guy behind the counter was talking to some women about how he has never met anyone who is honest and never tells a lie.

And if he did find such a person he would give them a £1000.

The reward for never telling a lie (even as a joke!) is far greater than that - it is a place in the middle of Paradise!

Don't just do something! Stand there.