Return to Allah - Tawba

[b]Return to Allah - Tawba[/b]

Unfortunately many people do not understand the reality of tawba. The word tawba (generally translated as repentance) is derived from its tri-literal root tawba, which means "al-rujoo"(to return). So the question is what is the relationship between the two words?

This concept can be understood from a very famous statement of Abu Bakr Al Saddique (RA), who said, "The Mujahid is he who struggles against his ego (nafs) and the Muhajir is the one who migrates from mistakes and sins".

In connection with the word tawba, this statement defines its reality, which lies in migrating from the land of sins and shortcomings and returning to Allah (swt) as the sole objective of one's life.

The commandment of making tawba has been clearly articulated in the Qur'an, where Allah Almighty says,

"O Believers, repent to Allah a sincere repentance" (66:8 ).

Shaykh Abdul Qadir Al-Jillani (RA) says in his book Gunyat-ul-Talibeem that the "Ulama and Awliya of the Ummah all have consensus that tawba is wajib"

In the above Qur'anic verse Allah Almighty speaks of a "sincere repentance", such a repentance is one in which our head is bowed in humility, our heart is full of shame and our eyes weep tears for Allah's mercy. The power of crying is so strong that it compels Allah Most High to have mercy on his slave.

Ibn Abbas (RA) said, "I heard the messenger of Allah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) saying,

"There are two eyes which shall not be touched by the fire of hell. The eye which cried from the fear of Allah, and the eye which spent the night guarding in the way of Allah (Tirmidhi)

The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) also said in a hadith reported by Anas (RA),

"Whoever remembered Allah and due to his fear, tears flowed from his eyes until they reached the earth, Allah Most High will not punish him on the Day of Resurrection"(Tabarani)

Abu Amama (RA) reports from the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) who said,

"There is nothing more beloved to Allah than two drops and two marks. The drop of a tear from the fear of Allah and the drop of blood falling in the way of Allah, And as for the two marks, the first mark (of walking) in the way of Allah and (the second) is the mark of the performance of an obligation from the obligations of Allah"(Tirmidhi)

So brothers and sisters we must once again retreat to the days of the early Muslims and the beloved of Allah, who spent their days praisisng their Lord and their nights wrongdoings and return to Allah full of shame and humility, with hope that Allah Almighty will accept our forgiveness. Insh'Allah!

[i]*Remember Shab e Barat is just fewdays away, it's about time we all thought of our sins and its bout time we changed ourselves to please Allah (swt) n his beloved rasul (saw). Think 2 urself seriously on wat hav u dne so far n do 2 please Allah (swt) n his beloved (saw).

U dnt no, we mght b here 2day but only Allah (swt) knows if we'll live till 2moro.[/i]

gr8 thread sis Blum 3

My imam said if i enter paradise there is hope 4 saddam hussein and osama bin ladin too :roll:

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:
gr8 thread sis Blum 3

My imam said if i enter paradise there is hope 4 saddam hussein and osama bin ladin too :roll:

hmm... dats unusual :roll:

nway as shab e barat is near i thought the topic of tawba wuld b sumthin gud for us all 2 think bout

its gr8 u liked it Blum 3

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

lol i just skim read sum of da words and remembered what my imam sed.... den i got confused :?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:
lol i just skim read sum of da words and remembered what my imam sed.... den i got confused :?

dats probably coz u skim read. If u read it wid concentration u mght understand betta.

"Judda" wrote:
i like u

?

lolz.. Lol

Im a Muslim n as a Muslim sister is my duty 2 b nice 2 my brothers n sisters coz dats wat Islam teaches us, to respect 1 anotha.