A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed

Salaam

Yep, a friend in need is a friend indeed.

It’s so easy to be friendly, available, reliable, on a level, supportive and helpful when things are all good….its easy to be a “good friend” when there is no stress or problems in your mate’s life…

However, the real test of friendship takes place when your friend needs you…when he/she is undergoing some stress or difficulties in their life…and whether you’re there for them or not determines whether or not you’re a “true friend” and a good Muslim.

Friendships are put to the test this way.

I’ve noticed that many people lack a basic sense of humanity and compassion for others. Not realising that this is what Islam is all about….

Islam is not merely a “religion” it is a WAY of life. Islam is not all about whether you pray/fast and perform many pilgrimages…it’s about whether you are there for others in time of need.

Allah (swt) does not even forgive the one who does not forgive others. Allah (swt) has said that those who do not thank people do not thank Allah (swt). We are told to show compassion to those on Earth so that He (swt) may show compassion to us.

And Allah (swt) does not even accept the worship of those who inconvenience, cause pain and distress to others.

So why then do people spend all their time perfecting their Arabic grammar whilst dismissing the importance fulfilling the rights of people in society?

What good is a person’s grammatically correct Arabic and knowledge of Tafsir if they make life difficult for their neighbours? What good is a person’s understanding of Aqeedah if they upset and break people’s heart?

What good is a person’s strictness with Pardah if they turn away people in time of need? Or refuse to be there for people when they need help?

It bugs me so much when people don’t have their priorities sorted out…in my opinion their efforts are in vain if others are being hurt or distressed in the process.

And whilst I’m not negating the obligatory acts of worship in Islam of course they’re important, I’m merely pointing out that some people seek to limit Islam to “worship” only which is very wrong.

There is a clear connection between our relationship with Allah (swt) and our relationship with people…it is SO wrong to separate the two….due importance should be given to BOTH.

The insensitivity and lack of patience and compassion shown by some to fellow human’s beings is a cause for concern…more so by those people who strictly, outwardly claim to follow the true teachings of Islam....why are such teachings not stressed when a person starts to learn about Islam?....Are they not important?

Share your thoughts on all of the above.

Wasalaam

i have no real close friends Cray 2

but its tru that in time of need only family are there for u :evil:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

ahhh you alway got us at The revival. You can go and join Admin loner crew if you want.

Yeah I agree with alot of muslim sis first post, I think how someone respond in the community is very important. Take our imaam, they have alot of knowledge, but they don't IMO have the skill to implement that to the wider community as they not really able to interact with the wider community. Too me they become reduntant as at time they seem to be a bit cold to people.

I also think that helping other is a way of helping themselves, so it important to be active and open to people, as generally muslim are percieve to be cold people and uncaring by the non practicing community.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Asalamualaikum!

We r all Muslims at the end of the day.If u dnt hav any friends physically hw do u no u mght hav friends spiritually Wink

U mght nt no many pple in dis forum includin me but we r ur friend, sister/brother.

There was a time wen i had no supportive friends/family no 1 at all but wen i realised that even though i dnt hav friends/family atleast ive gt Allah (swt) n his beloved prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) Alhamdullilah Allah (swt) granted me the best friends eva.

My friends r my sisters, but ive gt 2 say dat in time of support/need nt every family is supportive coz 4 me it was my friends n still is.

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

LOL

come of it guys-

I'm not a loner

my older sister is my best mate-and whenever she aint at home I spend all my time with my baby sis

i agree with u yuit-

too many people fail when it comes to being there for others and yet focus SO much on worship

someone i know broke her leg-she's a lady who is very active in Islam and friendly yet NONE of her mates came to visit her or asked her if she needed help :shock:

many muslims are very selfish and only care about their selves

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
LOL

come of it guys-

I'm not a loner

I no ur nt a loner n so doez the rest, but im sure dat being a bit supportive doez no harm Wink

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

Yeah, I agree with lilsis that family is alway going to have a stronger link then any friend can ever have. One of my mate own me money, I ask for it back and he avoided me for months even though he had the money to give back, he was just being selfish and it has put a strain on the friendship now, even though he given some of the money back. Friendship come and go in that sense. There can go missing when you need them most. I do have a good relationship with alot of my cousin for that reason that lilsis stated. Because I know they will be there for me, when I need them.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

yuit why did u lend him money?

i cant believe mates have the nerve to ask others for money

esp if they aint in no desperate situation

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
yuit why did u lend him money?

i cant believe mates have the nerve to ask others for money

esp if they aint in no desperate situation

I led him take over my Gym membership and I gave him quite a bit of money for leisure reason because he made out that he will give it back soon, just say I learn my lesson. He living the high life why I still struggling. :roll:

[url=http//

ive lent and borrowed money.....but never would i ask a person for it back. it can seriously put strains on ur friendship

money as we all know is the root of all eveils, the last thing we want to come inbetween good friends is the pound

if you cant trust the person 100%....i wouldnt advise you lend it

as u all mentioned, its tru only family is always there for you. for me....that means mum and bros and sisters only. never any1 else

ive occasionaly tried relying on people ive helped so much or tried my best for....it just dont work. its a harsh world and sumtymz u hav 2 learn the hard way!

to say muslims only are like this would be unfair, i think society in general is in such a state where we only look out for ourselves

its a dog eat dog world im afraid

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"yuit" wrote:

I led him take over my Gym membership and I gave him quite a bit of money for leisure reason because he made out that he will give it back soon, just say I learn my lesson. He living the high life why I still struggling. :roll:

thats pretty bad

but you know what worse?

those who claim to be "practsing/god fearing Muslims" who dont help others in time of need

and only worry about themselves

they are the worst type of people

kinda like that selfish religious man who lived in the village full of sinners

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

to say muslims only are like this would be unfair, i think society in general is in such a state where we only look out for ourselves

course

but OUR religion states that we should be there for one another in time of need

and its a sin if we dont

yup true

but you gotta ask....do you as well?

and that story of that man....is he the one Allah SWT ordered the angels to knock down his house first could he only prayed for himself and didnt help those around him who were sinnerS?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
yup true

but you gotta ask....do you as well?

and that story of that man....is he the one Allah SWT ordered the angels to knock down his house first could he only prayed for himself and didnt help those around him who were sinnerS?

yes thats the story

and I admit i aint perfect

i try to be there for others-of course i could be much better tho

but I' NEVER turn a friend away if she needed me

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
ive lent and borrowed money.....but never would i ask a person for it back. it can seriously put strains on ur friendship

Yeah, I can understand where you coming from, but it was too much money for me not to ask for it back, over £600. I needed it to pay off my overdraft and the person had enough money to pay me back, he brought £250 watch and didn't seem incline to pay me back. He was being proper selfish.

[url=http//

call the debt collectors in that case

...you....baseball bat and some masking tape... Lol

sum1 once asked me to take out a seven and a half grand loan in my name for them

yeah ryt....u gotta be kiddin....and giv me a bad credit history for my entire life? Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

i think girls are a lot better with borrowing money and returning it then guys are

this almost never happens with girls

when a person gets older do they grow outta the "gangs and the grouping system"

i used to think that this is such a high school thing but has anyone noticed that even when people get older cetain "groups of mates" dont chat to other "groups of mates"

even tho they should be older and above these things

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
i think girls are a lot better with borrowing money and returning it then guys are

this almost never happens with girls

yep defnitely i have never had any problems with money that i have lent, if i have borrowed money i feel so annoyed and have to hae it written down somewhere incase i forget, dont feel at peace till i have returned the money.

As for the topic at hand, my best friend is my first cuz, i can trust her with anythin and everythin. My sis i can tell her a lot of stuff aswell but its just i have been with my cuz thru primary and secondary school.

I also have few friend outwith family whom i trust.

Yeah I heard this saying a little while ago and it make sense. You get group at all ages as there always more power within groups. So people can push through agendas.

[b]Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. [/b]
Friedrich Nietzsche

[url=http//

salaam

i know how u guys mean family are always there for u and Alhamdulilallah they are always there for me too

however there are times when i have needed a friend coz with my very good friend u can tell her everything and u know she wont make a sarcy comment and will always help u get on the right track if ur going off track D not to say i go off track but u know how the shaytaan can get the better of with the smallest of things

I do not in my view have a true close bossom friend. I dont have a relation who is true bossom friend but perhaps my older brother comes close.

I have not exactly had any major bad experiences with friends but I jus dont get close to people whose behaviour I often find embarassing. Hence I am of the view that if I make ALLAH my friend I dont care about anyone elses friendship, this doesnt mean I just cut myself off from everyone because fulfilling the rights of creation is imperatives. What it means is I try to rely only on ALLAH because I know ALLAH will never let me down. Everyone elses treatment of me will then not effect inshaALLAH how I treat them.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

It depends who your best friend is, i got lucky that my first cuz is mine which means anytime i need to talk 2 sum1 i can go 2 her house anytime cuz she just lives round the corner Smile

I have a close friend, she's more like a sister. we confide in eachother when it comes to anything and everything. if ur friend is a practising muslim, u know theyl b there for u no matter wot, because they love u for the sake of Allah. if ur family members are not practising muslims, they could just as easily betray u/not be there for u when u need them. Its Islam that makes a person fulfill their relationships, ties of blood dont always matter.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
I have a close friend, she's more like a sister. we confide in eachother when it comes to anything and everything. if ur friend is a practising muslim, u know theyl b there for u no matter wot, because they love u for the sake of Allah. if ur family members are not practising muslims, they could just as easily betray u/not be there for u when u need them. Its Islam that makes a person fulfill their relationships, ties of blood dont always matter.

Very true sis, we missed these insightful post when you disppeared on us.

[url=http//

i personally cant relate to anyone in my family

i used to try talking to my sisters bout stuff but what do i get...a snide comment remark..a laugh or WHATEVA naj

but having a friend u can talk to is really easy as they most understand and wont say anything that u'll feel upset about

i used to tell everything to my cousin trusting her but she let me down so i turned to my friend and alhamdulilah shes still my turning point

"yuit" wrote:

aww, thats kind of u.
btw, ur the one who pulled off the forum's first disapearing act! Blum 3

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

aww, thats kind of u.
btw, ur the one who pulled off the forum's first disapearing act! Blum 3

Yeah, but I thought that everyone would stay, I think we missing Latifah and Shabs for the full revival team. I think Latifah hasn't posted since Omrow made that digusting post on the London Bombing thread. Shabs will probably only return when Manu are top as a true Glory Supporter.

On the subject of Ed and Admin, I glad they both posting as before I thought that they were just a computer timed to make a response. The new Ed good, not as mad as BigBrother but passionate enough and Admin is just a poster who knows the right thing to say at the right time.

Are post going missing, I sure Aphro posted before, now the ed and admin comment look out of place. :oops:

[url=http//

Salaam

Intresting reponses.

By the way does anyone else see that some people reduce Islam to a "religion" only...

Many do not percieve Islam as a way of life.

Too many of us have lost the main concept of Islam. Many believe that if spend the nights in prayer, keep many fasts and perform many religious pilgrimages we are fulfilling the rights of Islam. Although these are the fard (obligations) of Islam, true Islam consists of much more.

Islam is an ethical code of morals and manners guiding us on how to interact with others, how to behave towards our family and friends and how to live in society. Only THEN are our obligatory duties accepted by Allah (swt)....its SO wrong to seperate the two.

Wasalaam

Salaam

i was in bolton 2day, was at the college and there i saw this Muslim woman crying. she seemed really scared of something, she seemed to be a refugee or aslum seeker or new to this country. the poor woman was crying and it was clearly obvious something was VERY wrong.

there she sat bieng comforted by a woman who had her arm around her saying...."no point crying, ur doin urself no good"....and i looked at the Muslim woman.....and i felt bad for her.

my point is....goin with the theme of the thread....why is thier no support or service available for people like this from muslims? its tru i reckon....not many places you can turn to when times are bad....and that woman probably didnt have family here...and unlike us she cant turn to them....and who are her friends?

most of us here are lucky....we have friends and family....but spare a thought for those who dont Sad

as muslims....what are we doin to care about others we may not personally know? how many of us here would help someone struggling we dont know in the midst of a busy day in the city centre, while were in a rush ourselves?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

as muslims....what are we doin to care about others we may not personally know? how many of us here would help someone struggling we dont know in the midst of a busy day in the city centre, while were in a rush ourselves?

good point

its cos we live in a "mind ur own buisness" society

we can easily ignore the suffering of others-which is very bad Cray 2

Pages