Favourite Quranic Verse or Chapter

Earlier today I was on an Islamic forum and one of the threads was regarding members fovourite Quranic verses of chapters. Alhamdulillah I found the thread most exhilirating and particularly enjoyed reading different peoples different tastes when all their tastes and choices were most beatiful because Quran um Majeed is most beautiful.

Hence in this light, I invite everyone to quote portions of the Quran which particularly have an effect on one.

Please do not take this to mean that we are setting ourselves up as judges over which verses are better than others. Astaghfirullah! I think I can safely say that all of the members of this forum would agree that the entire Quran is most beautiful. The purpose of this thread is solely to draw attention to how different styles, different verses are all appreciated by us in different ways.

Please be so kind as to quote the Surah and verse numbers for the benefit of other members.

Au'dhu billahi minash Shaytaanir Rajeemi
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem.

[color=green]Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme. [/color]

Surah Tawbah: 111

"verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find peace"....

And my favourite Surah is Surah Rahman...that surah really touches my heart.

WAH WAH!

Another of my favourite verses is:

[color=green]''And say: Truth has arrived and falsehood has perished for falsehood is by its nature bound to perish.''[/color]

Surah Banee Isra'eel Verse 81

Among the virtues of this verse is that at the Conquest of Makkah when the Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam entered the Ka'batullah, He salallahu alayhi wa sallam pointed at the filthy idols with His Blessed Staff and recited the above verse again and again and during the Holy Recitation the idols fell by themselves merely by the pointing of the Blessed Staff. Subhnallah.

We should have faith that Truth has arrived alhamdulillah and the falsehoods that have been spread will perish.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i must say i love reciting surah mulk....it puts my heart to ease

and verily thy lord is he,the exalted in might. most merciful.(surat ash-shuara: 123-140)

one of my favourites:

if u ask them,who created them, they will certainly, say "allah."How then are they deluded away(from the truth)? (surat az-zukhruf:87)

whereever u are, death will find u out,even if u are in towers built up strong and high! (surat an-nisa:78

MashaALLAH. Continual and regular recitation of Surah Mulk protects one from the tortures in the grave.

For my favourite surah, I think it would have to be Surah Baqarah. Becuase the surah deals with so many different topics, its so eloquent and fluent and it is really a nice feeling when going throiugh the different stages and hearing the different things that ALLAH is saying to us.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

[b]the excellence of surah baqarah[/b]

the shytaan runs away from the house in which surah baqarah is recited.

recite surah baqarah for its recitation is a source of blessings and its forsaking is a source of regret and only useless people are unable to recite it.

everything has a hump,and the hump of the quran is surah baqarah.

one who recites surah baqarah at night the shytaan will not visit his home for three nights.

i thought i'd mention some fazeelats so people feel the need to recite

I am sure we are not allowed to choose a favourite in this matter...

It is all the word of God. It is all guidance.

(eg. It is not desirable to read one surah, miss the next, and then read the one after it.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Admin, we know its God's word!!

but theres nothing wrong with a certain Surah that stands out a little more to you, or means more to you personally....or touches you

Whilst i was reading the Quraan today.....Surah Al-Imraan (no3) verse 84 (towards end of 3rd spa'rah) and onwards.....the way that just flows Mashallah is superb, and it mentions the Prophets Isa, Musa, Yaqub, Ibrahim, Ismael (R.A.) i would love to get a translation...but im a lil tired right now

But one i like a lot Surat al-Inshirah - reminds me never to give up, and Allah swt is on our side...

(Thafsir Ibn Kathir)

== [b]A lam nashrah la ka sadrak

Have We not opened your breast for you?[/b]

The verse means that Allah has made the heart of the Prophet large, then expanded it and filled it with mercy and kindness. At another place, Allah said, "And whoever Allah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam" (Surah al-An'am ayah 125). As Allah made the heart of the Prophet large and vast, in a similar way He made the Shari'a with no traces of narrowness and hardship

==[b]Wa wad'a na an ka wizrak

And removed from you your burden[/b]

==[b]Alladhi anqada zahrak

That was weighing down your back[/b]

Then the surah says that Allah removed from the Prophet the burden that had weighed down his back. The verse means that Allah forgave all the sins and faults of the Prophet

==[b]Wa rafa'na la ka dhikrak

And have We not raised high your fame?[/b]

This verse about raising high the fame of the Prophet refers to the testimony of faith (shahadah). Mujahid took the verse to mean that Allah said, "When a mention of My name is made, you will be mentioned with me." Qatadah says there is no preacher, no speaker, and no believer who does not mention the Prophet in his testimony of faith... Ibn Abbas says that the verse refers to the adhan, the call to prayer. Hassan ibn Thabit said, "...Allah joined to His own name the name of the Prophet as the muezzin pronounces His name five times a day..."

==[b]Fa inna ma'a al-usri yusra

Truly, along with every hardship comes relief[/b]

Then Allah says that with hardship there is relief. This phrase occurs twice successively. Qatadah says that the Prophet gave good tidings to his Companions that one hardship cannot overcome two reliefs. The definite article "al-" is added to the word "usr" (hardship), which denotes that it is singular, while the word "yusr" (relief) is left without it and is repeated (that way) in the two verses. This means that there are two reliefs for every hardship

==[b]Inna ma'a al-usri yusra

Along with hardship comes relief[/b]

(This repeats the statement from ayah 5 for greater emphasis)

==[b]Fa idha faraghta fa insab

So when you are relieved, so worship[/b]

Then Allah asked the Prophet to turn to Him after finishing all his affairs and to stand for prayer. An authentic hadith says that when it is time for prayer and the dinner is ready, one should eat first and then pray. However, ibn Masud took the verse to refer to the tahajjud prayer which is offered after obligatory prayers. Abdullah ibn Abbas interprets it as urging on supplication. Zaid ibn Aslam and Dahhak took it to refer to acts of worship after jihad

==[b]Wa ila rabbika fa irghab

And to your Lord turn your hopes[/b]

Thawri says that the verse calls for purifying all intentions and invocations for Allah

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

SUBHANALLAH!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Yeah Surah Rahman is the one that I am attached to the most, but that is due to personal reason.

But I have to say that the ayats read in this passage of the Quran which you can find in my signature are so beautiful, and I can't get bored of them nor matter how many time I hear them. They are also read so beautifully in this link as well. Listening and reading the meaning at the bottom always touch my heart.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
Yeah Surah Rahman is the one that I am attached to the most, but that is due to personal reason.

what ur personal reason?

i also have a soft spot for this surah-prob cos it my sister and dads fav surah

one that is played the most in the car

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

what ur personal reason?

That's his name, isn't it? :?

"irfghan" wrote:

That's his name, isn't it? :?

thats a lame reason to like a surah :roll: :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

what ur personal reason?

i also have a soft spot for this surah-prob cos it my sister and dads fav surah

one that is played the most in the car

Nah, it was the surah playing when my Uncle who i was close too pass away. I think Saad Al Ghamdi was reciting as well, it was by all account so peaceful.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Subhanallah there are some extremely beautiful reciters out there.

Last Ramadhan we had an egyptian Qari come to our madrassah. Subhanallah His voice was AMAZING. When I listen to Quran I sit with head down and eyes downcast and when I heard thiss Qari recite it was like I was floating on air! SubhanALLAH it was amazing.

Then we had a Qari from from Saudia, he came as a guest and wanted to listen to some of the students recitations and then he gave them a percentage mark on their tajweed. He was amazing as well.

My favourite reciter at the moment is Shaykh Muhammad Siddiq Manshawi because he is my Shaykhs favourite and he has clear voice which makes listening to the correct tajweed extremely easy.

Then also Shaykh Hussayn Aal Shaykh of Madinah Munawwarah is also an amazing reciter.

As i mentioned b4, Surah Baqarah is my favourite surah, reciting it in one go is so amazing, fills me with happiness. Cos the surah is sso long and covers so many topics it really engages me.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar