Are we becoming a nation of caffeine addicts?

Salaam ppl

Is caffeine addictive or has it just become a norm in our daily lives?
How much caffeine do you guys consume on a daily basis?
How many of us could give up caffeine forever?

I have attempted on numerous occasions to give up tea but have failed miserably every time. The longest I have gone without it is 6 months. The one thing I did notice when I wasn’t drinking tea anymore was that my mood and appetite picked up. At the present moment I have reduced my tea consumption to one cup a day (go me). For me its not so much about drinking tea to stay awake but having something warm in the morning as well as habit.

One thing I have noticed is that tea/coffee consumption in more prevalent in the workplace. With students it tends to be energy drinks and caffeine tablets. Some people go as far as using caffeine as a substitute for food simply because they do not have time for food as a result of their hectic lifestyle.

Discuss your tea/coffee/energy drink/other caffefine consumptions.

JazakAllah xXx

I have the energy drink, boost regularly.

Does that count?

I like the taste, cheaper alternative compared to red bull, and it has vitamins. Oh yeah, and caffeine.

i love coffee and coke, cant stand tea! it stinks like mad, eugh. anyway, i only drink coffee when im in the mood of it and when im in the mood i'll drink like 3 cups or something. and as for coke, i can drink them 2 size medium bottles in a day but i've stopped coke, well only cz there's none in the house! no but i really need to stop coke, dont want rotten teeth!

I hate coffee... its too strong. I dont like eating or drinking things that are either too strong or two sweet.

I dont mind tea, but im not a regular drinker. I popped over to one of my friends recently and his mom came in and put tea infront of me. And I was like "erm... i dont drink tea?" and they were all so freakn SHOCKED!
My friend was like: "You dont drink tea? What is your diet based on then?" lol. But now its worse. Coz everytime i go over, they give me milk and cookies.

So to conclude this randomness, caffine will probably kill you in your sleep or possibly result in you becoming impotent.

That is all... go with God.

Back in BLACK

I remember last Eid my aunty and uncle invited over for dinner. After we all helped clear up the plates she made tea for everyone (she didnt even ask me if i wanted tea she just made it us). When the tea cooled down i took a sip and got the shock of my life, it was soooo sugary! ( i only have a pinch of sugar or sometimes dont have any at all). I couldnt just leave the tea on the table coz thats just rude but i also didnt wanna say it was horrible coz thats just rude a well so i had no choice but to drink it. I took really small sips trying real hard not to make it obvious that i weren’t enjoying the tea. Some more of my aunties relatives came round so my dad said we might as well head home. I jumped up, put my cup on the table and ran for the door lol.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

I HAVE 4 CUPS OF COFFEE EACH DAY
1 IN THE MORNING
1 AFTERNOON
1 EVENING
AND 1 LAST THING AT NIGHT I HAVE TEA OR CAPPUCINOS IN BETWEEN
IF I DIDN'T HAVE MORNING COFFEE I WOULD BE A TOTAL WRECK :x

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

I'm a tea guy, Don't really like coffee. I have tea, every day when I go to college a bit late, before I go to Jummah prayers, before I go out generally.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Seraphim wrote:
I hate coffee... its too strong. I dont like eating or drinking things that are either too strong or two sweet.

I dont mind tea, but im not a regular drinker. I popped over to one of my friends recently and his mom came in and put tea infront of me. And I was like "erm... i dont drink tea?" and they were all so freakn SHOCKED!
My friend was like: "You dont drink tea? What is your diet based on then?" lol. But now its worse. Coz everytime i go over, they give me milk and cookies.

So to conclude this randomness, caffine will probably kill you in your sleep or possibly result in you becoming impotent.

That is all... go with God.

Smile

did you not realise that when embarking upon the entry of an Asian house, before you step through the front door, they will want to get some nice hot tea down you!

Naz wrote:
I remember last Eid my aunty and uncle invited over for dinner. After we all helped clear up the plates she made tea for everyone (she didnt even ask me if i wanted tea she just made it us). When the tea cooled down i took a sip and got the shock of my life, it was soooo sugary! ( i only have a pinch of sugar or sometimes dont have any at all). I couldnt just leave the tea on the table coz thats just rude but i also didnt wanna say it was horrible coz thats just rude a well so i had no choice but to drink it. I took really small sips trying real hard not to make it obvious that i weren’t enjoying the tea. Some more of my aunties relatives came round so my dad said we might as well head home. I jumped up, put my cup on the table and ran for the door lol.

some advice if your ever stuck in that situation again

look for a kid playing in the room....lure him/her towards you with the promise of sweets, then push the kid into your tea, causing the tea to be all over the floor rather than you having to drink it!

Smile

big bro wrote:
I HAVE 4 CUPS OF COFFEE EACH DAY
1 IN THE MORNING
1 AFTERNOON
1 EVENING
AND 1 LAST THING AT NIGHT I HAVE TEA OR CAPPUCINOS IN BETWEEN
IF I DIDN'T HAVE MORNING COFFEE I WOULD BE A TOTAL WRECK :x

we have found the caffine addict of the year!

There are Caffeine tablets that you can purchase. Alot of my mates use them recently to help them stay awake in order 2 revise for exams

I drink Tea bout once a day sometimes once every 2 days thats bwt it

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

i hate tea. its so bland. love coffee

ANYTHING WITH COFFEE IN IT I WOULD EAT IT, DRINK IT, SMOKE IT. I REALLY DON'T CARE. COFFEE GIVES YOU THAT BUZZ. Dirol IT KEEPS ME AWAKE WHEN I HAVE ALOT OF COLLEGE STUFF GOING ON OR I KNOW ITS GONNA BE ALONG DAY. THE BEST COFFEE IS FROM COSTA STARBUCKS OR NAKED BEAN Biggrin
P.S DO I GET A TROPHY FOR BEING COFFEE ADDICT OF THE YEAR

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

You know, you're the wildest member I've ever met.

u can enjoy ur title witha cup of Caramel Machiato...course u wud hav to go to starbucks n get it urself!

im a coffee person i hate tea i dont drink it very often tho.

life is for living, live it peacefully...

I'M TREATING WHAT DO YOU GUYS WANT Biggrin

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

Courage wrote:
You know, you're the wildest member I've ever met.

dats coz he's high on coffee right now ... Lol

Well, Funzo's always high on prozac!

Biggrin I'M ACTUALLY DRINKING A STRAWBERRY BLIZZARD. WHITE HOT CHOCOKLATE WITH WHIPPED CREAM STRAWBERRY SYRUP POURED OVER IT AND THEN SPRINKLED WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE BUTTONS. IT'S REALLY SWEET. AND I'M EATING A STICKEY TOFFEE BUN WITH IT Biggrin

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

You're a genius you've answered my life long query!!!!

RuBz wrote:
There are Caffeine tablets that you can purchase.

I think your talking about pro plus. They say ppl with a really fast heart rate shouldnt take them, but me being me and regardless of the warning took them. OMG never again i thought i was gonna die! lol

Courage wrote:
Well, Funzo's always high on prozac!

naa he is always low on prozac

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

big bro wrote:
Biggrin I'M ACTUALLY DRINKING A STRAWBERRY BLIZZARD. WHITE HOT CHOCOKLATE WITH WHIPPED CREAM STRAWBERRY SYRUP POURED OVER IT AND THEN SPRINKLED WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE BUTTONS. IT'S REALLY SWEET. AND I'M EATING A STICKEY TOFFEE BUN WITH IT Biggrin

OMG! :shock:

big bro wrote:

Lucky for some!
Im stuck here at college

Shaz wrote:
big bro wrote:

Lucky for some!
Im stuck here at college

Same here but I'm on the Revival!!

Biggrin IM AT COLLEGE AS WELL. I'M SUPPOSED TO BE DOING COLLEGE WORK BUT I'M ON THE REVIVAL CHATTING ABOUT MY DRINKING HABITS TO YOU GUYS Biggrin

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

big bro wrote:
Biggrin IM AT COLLEGE AS WELL. I'M SUPPOSED TO BE DOING COLLEGE WORK BUT I'M ON THE REVIVAL CHATTING ABOUT MY DRINKING HABITS TO YOU GUYS Biggrin

LOL
I just went for my break and had a cuppacino.
Thats my 1st and last cup 4 the day

DESPERATLEY SEEKING A CUP OF COFFEE. NEED A BREAK MIGHT GO UP0 TO SPINDELS AND GET COFFEE Biggrin . COFFEE FROM THE COLLEGE REFECTORY TASTES LIKE TOILET WATER. IT'S ABSOLOUTLEY DISGUSTING :evil: :evil: 3RD CUP SO FAR

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

lol
well the coffee at my college is nice i only have the cuppacino.
My lil boy dosnt know the difference between tea and coffee.
Hes there telling his bro hes having coffee when iv made him tea!
I find that funny

MY YOUNGER SISTER HATES COFFEE FINDS IT TOO STRONG FOR HER LIKING. SHES ONLY 3. HOWEVER SHE LOVS TEA AND KAWAA (GREEN TEA)

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

What? Little kids drinking tea or coffee? Is that actually healthy?

Pages