Jinn Possession

109 posts / 0 new
Last post

Was expecting it to be really scary but it werent.

I doubt there are many (if any) real cases of "possession".

Does that not contradict the mantra of free will?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
I doubt there are many (if any) real cases of "possession".

Does that not contradict the mantra of free will?

Yes, jinn possession does happen but people too often use that excuse regardless of whether someone is possessed or not.

I remember something about the three reasons why someone might be possessed.
1) They hurt the jinn in some way.
2) The jinn is in love with them (99% sure)
3) No reason... at all.

Also the person who's possessed, the Qur'an should be recited over them. Some people resort to violence, so the beat the **** out of the person.

So... where does free will fit into the picture?

Are there any authentic sources about "possession"?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

MuslimBro wrote:

Also the person who's possessed, the Qur'an should be recited over them. Some people resort to violence, so the beat the **** out of the person.

why did you star out the word 'jinn'?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I think he starred out the word "shit"...

I was joking, but thanks for making explicitly that clear, Admin!

Most Jinns are bad anyway so i dont think they really care about all this free will business.

Admin please language. Your suppose to be setting an example.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Naz wrote:
Most Jinns are bad anyway so i dont think they really care about all this free will business.

erm... they do not set the "free will" agenda. (besides I doubt we have any metrics to judge between the numbers of good and bad... and if it is black and white.)

About language - I have always been a proponent of allowing it.

You wrote:

About language - I have always been a proponent of allowing it.

Why?
What possible benefit/s (if there are any) are there to swearing?
I'm intrigued

If used properly (by that I mean not every other word type of thing), they allow a better expression of language.

In one scene in the tv series "The Wire" two detectives solve a murder while using the f word (and ONLY the f word) - but everything is totally clear. Some say that is a brilliant scene. Others think it shows the pretentiousnes of the writers who were just showing off their talent. I think it is a little of both.

I do think that people shouldn't swear, nor should it be encouraged. At the same time if they do, it is not somethign a big deal should be made out of. It should be tolerated where possible - unles it is used to offend (I think according to a hadith it is a sign of hypocrisy... so its not all hunky dory)

"Shit" is not "offensive language". Next we will get people to spell these things out and then spit three times... I need to go to the t.o.i.l.... you get the idea. I do not like political correctness.

LOL, That last bit reminded me of something my friend said.

I will now post it in the 'funny conversations' thread.

To be continued...

You wrote:
If used properly (by that I mean not every other word type of thing), they allow a better expression of language.

In one scene in the tv series "The Wire" two detectives solve a murder while using the f word (and ONLY the f word) - but everything is totally clear. Some say that is a brilliant scene. Others think it shows the pretentiousnes of the writers who were just showing off their talent. I think it is a little of both.

I do think that people shouldn't swear, nor should it be encouraged. At the same time if they do, it is not somethign a big deal should be made out of. It should be tolerated where possible - unles it is used to offend (I think according to a hadith it is a sign of hypocrisy... so its not all hunky dory)

"Shit" is not "offensive language". Next we will get people to spell these things out and then spit three times... I need to go to the t.o.i.l.... you get the idea. I do not like political correctness.

hmmmm suppose you have got a point about the meaning of some swear words BUT (yes theres a but and you aint gonna like it but nevertheless im still going to say it)what if a newbie came to this forum and saw the administrator (thats you) using swear words.

How does that look? Your not just anybody your the Administrator a highly respected authoritative figure. Your suppose to be telling us off not the other way round (by the way im not telling you off just voicing my opinion)

Islamic forum + swearing doesn’t really go does it. Swearing isnt really appropriate on an Islamic forum.

Also if ppl think its ok to use words like s*** and F*** on this forum when they get into a heated debated (which seems to be on the increase lately) they gonna think it ok to start calling one another the B word.

Yes the B word has a different meaning to the rest and it is insulting but it still belongs to the same group as the other two words as mentioned above.

Naz wrote:
your the Administrator a highly respected authoritative figure.

Sorry, but I think that calls for use of the new smilies:

Lol

EDIT: Hey that's supposed to be laughing? That's terrible, simply terrible!

Ignoring Ya'qub - I do not use profanity on here (or in real life...). I just pointed out what word would fit with both the asterisks and the phrase. That I cannot apologise for.

New members will take me at face value - another member called "You".

We used to have a lot more arguments/insults on here. We also had more people. A lot of who used profanmities and personal insults. For the last year or so we have been in a quiet mode.

What if i suggest that it is a fraud?

I have seen no authentic evidence that possessions really happen.

thc wrote:
assalamu alaikum,

is a website which dels with these problems.

wasalaam

link doesn't work for me.

I never use to believe in possession but when i read up on the stuff it made me believe. I have heard about possessions but never seen one with my own eyes.

Nice prices.

It is a lovely photo of Medina.

wow, they charge? and what does the money go towards? some water and a piece of string?

No dont be soo silly postage and packaging and its not just string its special.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:
No dont be soo silly postage and packaging and its not just string its special.

they should try it with silly string. It's alot of fun but smells a little if you don't clean it up strait away.

You wrote:
Nice prices.

And it's per household aswell.

I'm assuming they don't take the size of the household into consideration, so a household of 15 people would pay the same as a household of five.

Please could someone help me?

I've never believed in jinn possession before... I always thought it was something that could never happen to me or something that happens back home or to people that mess with black magic etc. Last night my brother came home in such a state, he was very paranoid, aggresive, i've never seen him like that before. he put started pushing me around, swearing, running all over the house.. he kept screaming that someone is inside him trying to hurt him. me and my family tried so hard to calm him down but he had so much strength in him, we tried readin yasin and surahs over him but he reacted violently. In the end my mum and dad both slapped him and he just fell asleep straight away. I am so scared... after that we all read fajr in his room around him and after i finished praying (i can't remember this but my mum told me this morning)i started acting crazy too, like sayin i feel like killing someone, i was very aggressive and rude to my parents but finally i fell asleep and this morning i felt a bit better but i'm struggling to recite surahs and verses... my brother cant remember the previous night at all. Not sure what we should do or who to contact??

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Salaam

I don't know any anti-jinn prescrtiptions but things that might help:

Reciting salawaat/durood upon the Prophet SAW abundantly.
Asking abundantly for the du'as of everyone and anyone for help.
Keeping clean. This one is huge. If you're really in trouble then its worth constantly staying in wudu/wuzu.
Reciting Surah Nass abundantly.
Reciting Ayat al-Kursi abundantly.

Abundantly reading the first Kalimah (Laa ilaaha illaLlah), there is a hadith Qudsi that whoever recites this is put in the fortress of Allah's protection SWT. It might even be worth going to some loud dhikr mehfils, to make sure you recite this in abundance and full concentration.

Finally, don't be afraid of it! A (reliable) friend told me that if you are afraid of jinn it increases their strength over you.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Could that have been a drug induced state? Take him to a hospital, get a toxicology done? (no idea if they even allow that to be done in a hospital? some drug clinics? doctors? someone must?)

I would take the Sherlock Holmes approach and get such things rules out first - He may just have been tripping on a drug.

(Quick google and I read ecstasy can turn people violent... what about LSD - that can be transferred via touch I think.)

Pages