Does the Hijaab/Beard turn you into a tramp?

97 posts / 0 new
Last post

Look Muslim Bro, you can say it if you want, but I think pretty much everyone is getting a bit annoyed.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Courage wrote:
Look Muslim Bro, you can say it if you want, but I think pretty much everyone is getting a bit annoyed.

they are?

Noor wrote:
Courage wrote:

they are?

I think he means that HE is getting a bit annoyed.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Wearing a hijaab most definately does not make me a tramp.. I don't think there's anything wrong with dressing stylishly or keeping on top of grooming yourself whilst wearing a hijaab; I always cut and style my hair regularly because even though no one see's my hair at uni or when i go out etc, i dont cover up in front of family and cousins. It all depends on you as an individual.. if out of simplicity or modest you choose not to do yourself up thats fine but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable going to uni with unwashed/uncombed hair underneath my hijaab.. i'd be too paranoid that my friends or people near me could smell the grease lol.. What i don't like is those who do not make an effort bitching about those who do; I got hijaab wearing girls on my course who are always bitching and hating on those hijaabi's who do themselves up and actually make an effort. End of the day it all depends on the person.. dont tar all hijaabi's with the same brush.

MuslimSisLilSis wrote:
Wearing a hijaab most definately does not make me a tramp.. I don't think there's anything wrong with dressing stylishly or keeping on top of grooming yourself whilst wearing a hijaab; I always cut and style my hair regularly because even though no one see's my hair at uni or when i go out etc, i dont cover up in front of family and cousins. It all depends on you as an individual.. if out of simplicity or modest you choose not to do yourself up thats fine but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable going to uni with unwashed/uncombed hair underneath my hijaab.. i'd be too paranoid that my friends or people near me could smell the grease lol.. What i don't like is those who do not make an effort bitching about those who do; I got hijaab wearing girls on my course who are always bitching and hating on those hijaabi's who do themselves up and actually make an effort. End of the day it all depends on the person.. dont tar all hijaabi's with the same brush.

salam.

Can you please introduce yourself on the 'New Members' thread.

Thank you

I find that quite offensive..
I am a legend around here.. i dont need 2 introduce myself Blum 3
Just ask any old member about me, you'll find out all you need to know.. and doesnt my username give anything away??

I was joking, but whatever.

Muslimsislilsis your back! where the heck have you been?!?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

MuslimSisLilSis wrote:
I am a legend around here..

Too true. Congratulations on your sister's engagement!
  • It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Irfan.Khan wrote:

Been here all this time.. Just have been 2 busy to post. In final yr at uni.. and now in final semester so jus been workin hard this yr, really want to graduate with a 2:1 so please make dua for me.

Also as u probably knw by now my sis is gettin married.. and i am the official wedding planner so now really busy with sorting stuff out 4 the wedding; its the first wedding in our whole family from both mum and dads side so got high expectations 2 meet.. But you'll be seeing more of me on the forum; will be a welcome break frm everything.

MuslimSisLilSis wrote:
What i don't like is those who do not make an effort bitching about those who do

There are just as many hijabis who do themselves up that B***h constantly about tramps and other hijabis that do themselves up.

The other week i went to an Islamic talk and there were two hijabis done up who were sat two rows in front of me. When i came in both of them turned round and chunked me a snide for no apparent reason. Then one of them says to the other one "oh you should see what she is wearing." She tried to describe me to the other hijabi but she couldn’t hear so she goes il text you!

I was wearing a black jalabia, green hoody, grey hijab and black boots (ok the hijab and hoody didnt go but hey its hardy a crime)

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

I've been wearing scarf for half my life and started wearing jilbaab over a year ago now. I wear black all the time :S I do have coloured cardigans/hijaabs etc but I rarely wear them.

It's nice to wear colored clothes once in a while but not too bright.

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

MuslimSisLilSis wrote:
Irfan.Khan wrote:

Been here all this time.. Just have been 2 busy to post. In final yr at uni.. and now in final semester so jus been workin hard this yr, really want to graduate with a 2:1 so please make dua for me.

Also as u probably knw by now my sis is gettin married.. and i am the official wedding planner so now really busy with sorting stuff out 4 the wedding; its the first wedding in our whole family from both mum and dads side so got high expectations 2 meet.. But you'll be seeing more of me on the forum; will be a welcome break frm everything.

Woah your sis is getting married! inshallah you will get a 2:1. Official wedding planner, i feel sorry for your sister..... did i say that out loud, lol.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

'Upkeep' is expensive and very very time consuming - thats the main drawback.

Plus, it also can seem pointless if you have to cover ...I mean, who'd waste hours straigtening/curling their hair if at the end you're just gonna cover it with a hijaab.

MuslimSister wrote:
who'd waste hours straigtening/curling their hair if at the end you're just gonna cover it with a hijaab.

The same people who tidy their house every day even if noone is coming round to visit.

Cleaning up the house is part of being hygienic so you gota do it...you dont want crumbs of food lying about!!

It's true, its more satisfying when someone can see your effort and compliment you on it.

P.s - lilsis welcome back sweety! x

Angel wrote:
Cleaning up the house is part of being hygienic so you gota do it...you dont want crumbs of food lying about!!

It's true, its more satisfying when someone can see your effort and compliment you on it.

I said tidy, not clean.

Same way when people were talking about being a 'tramp', they didn't mean not washing yourself, they meant about 'doing yourself up'.

But your Scottish so I'll let you off!

Being untidy could also mean having dirty laundry lying about thus being unhygienic and germs everywhere!

Anyhooo this not the topic, if i remeber correctly, you're a scotty too!

Angel wrote:
you're a scotty too!

Aye!

Alhamdulillah!!

Ya'qub wrote:
Angel wrote:
you're a scotty too!

Aye!

Alhamdulillah!!

No he just likes to think he's a wee scot, joking.

Ya'qub wrote:
MuslimSister wrote:
who'd waste hours straigtening/curling their hair if at the end you're just gonna cover it with a hijaab.

The same people who tidy their house every day even if noone is coming round to visit.

Totally different.

Wearing a scarf over curled/straightened hair just flattens and ruins all your effort.

Ya'qub wrote:
Angel wrote:

I said tidy, not clean.

Same way when people were talking about being a 'tramp', they didn't mean not washing yourself, they meant about 'doing yourself up'.

But your Scottish so I'll let you off!

Aren't you Scottish too, Yaqub?

Got this in a forwarded email.. i found it pretty funny and true esp in uni environments; u tend 2 c all types of hijaabi's there.

WHAT HIJABI ARE U?

1) HIJABI HOEs: They are the Hijabis that wear the Hijab then try to even out not showing their hair with short sleeves, capris and the all famous low cut tops. These girls give other Hijabis a bad name. You might spot one of these “Hijabis” in a group of Ahem! guy “friends”. This group of too “friendly” Hijabis do everything a muslim let alone a Hijabi should NOT do. We hope none of u fit this description…if u do…we say to u with nothing but love…Respect the Hijab…Stop being a HOE.

2) HALF HIJABIs: These lovely ladies are the ones caught in the Limbo between Hijab or No Hijab. “to be or not to be” is the question for these girls. With thier Hijab half on thier head and half off…u never know what they will do next! On the bright side though guys dont have to wonder whats hiding beneath those hijabs cuz these half hijabis give everyone a sneak peak 24/7. We say to ya’ll with nothing but frustration..MAKE UP UR MIND! (ur confusing the non-muslims.)

3) HOT HIJABIs: Ya’ll know who u are. these are the fabulous lookin girls that usallay match from thier hijabs to thier flipflops. These brightly colorfull Hijabis manage to look Oh So Fabulous while covering themselves completely. We give Two Thumbs Up to these Beauties! Keep up the good work!

4) HARDCORE HIJABIs: You’ve seen’em. The girls who are so Hijabi they might as well be Nikabi. These are the girls that dont wear alot of makeup, wear abayahs and have that look that says “dont screw with me”. While these girls can at times be scary…We have nothing but respect for the Fabulous Few. These Hijabis are rare …but then all great things are.

5) HIJABI HOPEFULLs: These are the girls that cover themselves modestly, respect the Hijab and one day hope to become one of us. We have one thing to say to ya’ll…Come Join Us on The Other Side…We promise Its better here.

You forgot 'Hojabis'.

Not sure what that means...

Ya'qub wrote:
You forgot 'Hojabis'.

Not sure what that means...

Read Number 1.. Hijabi Hoez

Its easy to become a lazy slob and let yourself go, and it can become a bad habit.. Maintain good hygiene, and keep yourself healthy and prepped up and nice - im going to go as far as saying that i think girls/women SHOULD take EXTRA care and effort in maintaining themselves well (that includes body, mind and soul)

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Naz wrote:
MuslimSisLilSis wrote:
What i don't like is those who do not make an effort bitching about those who do

There are just as many hijabis who do themselves up that B***h constantly about tramps and other hijabis that do themselves up.

The other week i went to an Islamic talk and there were two hijabis done up who were sat two rows in front of me. When i came in both of them turned round and chunked me a snide for no apparent reason. Then one of them says to the other one "oh you should see what she is wearing." She tried to describe me to the other hijabi but she couldn’t hear so she goes il text you!

I was wearing a black jalabia, green hoody, grey hijab and black boots (ok the hijab and hoody didnt go but hey its hardy a crime)

I think a Hijab and a hoody looks quite slick! Reminds me of someone who you shouldn't muck around or else she'll "sort you out"! But apart from that they're decent people.

Really interesting topic - (love taking a trip down memory lane).

And Yes. Some people do up their game when they're married (I know I did). However, many also let themselves go cos they feel comfortable and are out of the 'game' - i.e. cos they're married now- there's no longer the feeling of the 'chase' and the need to impress anyone.

However, in the last two year my view has greatly been affected by the company I keep... since moving to Egypt and now living in Dubai - I've learnt that the covered up Arabs are THE most well kept and glamourous women in the world. I guess environment and company has a effect on how you look/dress as well.

MuslimSister wrote:
Really interesting topic - (love taking a trip down memory lane).

And Yes. Some people do up their game when they're married (I know I did). However, many also let themselves go cos they feel comfortable and are out of the 'game' - i.e. cos they're married now- there's no longer the feeling of the 'chase' and the need to impress anyone.

However, in the last two year my view has greatly been affected by the company I keep... since moving to Egypt and now living in Dubai - I've learnt that the covered up Arabs are THE most well kept and glamourous women in the world. I guess environment and company has a effect on how you look/dress as well.

Oh wow you live in Dubai? Hmm I've had a thing for that place for some time now, what's it like? Must be a huge lifestyle change huh?

This is actually the first time I've come across this topic and certainly is interesting! After reading the first few posts I had had enough tbh. I don't understand the concept of 'letting yourself go' just because you put on a hijab or grow a beard?
I started wearing the hijab a long long time ago but I still do the NORMAL things like brush my hair, wash my hair regularly, straighten my hair, colour it also and get it trimmed and put makeup on!! I do it for myself though and not for anyone else...now since I'm married I do it for myself and my husband, but still it comes down to the same thing.

A lot of people on here seem to do the normal things like brushing their hair for other people or just because they have a hijab on they don't see use of looking after yourself? Hmmm very bizzare.

In Islam it is important to look after yourself, that does not mean only cleanliness although it is one of the main issues. Looking after your health, eating healthy food and doing some regular exercise, combing your hair lol are NORMAL factors of hygiene and cleaniless.

Oh and btw I'm not sure how many of you have actually been Leicester, but you go there and you feel like you've entered an Arabian country with all the women covered up wearing niqab and the men with Kurta or Jubbahs and huge beards (which at first I really liked, I was naiive), but the fact of the matter is that its all for show. They portray an outward impression of being Islamic and pure and chaste and religious however they are in fact the complete opposite to this, they're unjust, selfish, money lovers, rude, cunning. Of course I'm not saying ALL of them are like that, but I've had A LOT of experience with people like this. The point of this is to just say that wearing a Jubbah or salwar kameez does not make you a better Muslim or a better person and if you believe you are following the sunnah by doing this and this is enough then your wrong. Becoming a Muslim if from the heart and your characteristics,first these needs to be changed before you start wearing a jubbah or growing your being in relation to follow the sunnah.

You will not get asked on the day of judgement did you dress how the Prophet dressed? You will get asked about your nature, personality and Sunnah of the Nabi in terms of his character traits.

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

Pages