if sum1 chooses to leave islam shud they be killed?

yes
0% (0 votes)
yes
0% (0 votes)
no
50% (6 votes)
no
50% (6 votes)
Total votes: 12

In bangladesh about 12,000 muslims converted to christianity due to the preaching of christianity by christain charities. (well thats the number i was told anywayz....) but i know it is an increasing problem....

I have no problem with muslims who choose to leave islam, the quran clearly tells us there is no compulsion in religion, i know some muslims interprate that verse as that you cannot "force islam" on a kafir, but my imam said (and i agree with him) that it doesn't make any sense with regard to everyone being "born a muslim", so in conclusion there is no compulsion in religion.

i found the following article about a religious fanatic who converted to christianity quite interesting....

I my self used to be quite fond of the religion... until i dug deeper i mean How do u think capitalism sprang up from the heart of Christianity? It is due 2 dat diabolical notion dat occupies da center, dat which says that Christ has washed away da sins of da believer. This is what made them justify greed, gluttony and envy (free market economy), pride (material evolution and progress), lying and stealing (law by precedence) and lechery (fine art).

I don't intend to 'bash' christianity but how r we gonna deal with the problem? (in a civilised way that is)

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

Quote:
I my self used to be quite fond of the religion... until i dug deeper i mean How do u think capitalism sprang up from the heart of Christianity? It is due 2 dat diabolical notion dat occupies da center, dat which says that Christ has washed away da sins of da believer. This is what made them justify greed, gluttony and envy (free market economy), pride (material evolution and progress), lying and stealing (law by precedence) and lechery (fine art).

This is an insult against Christianity!

Quick I need to burn something down, somebody get me a match Biggrin

Seriously, dude, chill. You've been here thirty freaking seconds and you're already getting on my nerves. I'm the reigning Christian here (when King Georgeo is out) and frankly I find your numbers totally unbelievable. We're talking about the same country that just erupted into riots because of a speech the Pope made.

12,000?

Yea right.

"Odysseus" wrote:
Quote:

Seriously, dude, chill. You've been here thirty freaking seconds and you're already getting on my nerves.

You think so? I think he's an old member pretending to be new..

lol obviously. Few people are this much trubba, err trudda

I mean trouble!

"Odysseus" wrote:
Quote:

???

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

12,000 is a little unrealistic all things considered i very much doubt this to be an accurate account.

"02cute4u" wrote:

What are you basing that on exactly? Pls provide some sort of logical arguement to confirm this... or atleast some sort of reference. Otherwise its just you're theory which doesnt hold much water let alone crediability.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
12,000 is a little unrealistic all things considered i very much doubt this to be an accurate account.

"02cute4u" wrote:
In bangladesh about 12,000 muslims converted to christianity due to the preaching of christianity by christain charities. ([b]well thats the number i was told anywayz....[/b])

:roll:

i was told this by a number of ppl

however not reaseached it myself

however since a lot of ppl that leave islam have thier life threatned/ruined by so-called muslims i can't help thinking that a lot of ppl are will not proclaim there new faith

"Seraphim" wrote:

What are you basing that on exactly? Pls provide some sort of logical arguement to confirm this... or atleast some sort of reference. Otherwise its just you're theory which doesnt hold much water let alone crediability.

i'll quote later on this subject when the topic almosts "dies", i wanna discuss this problem first so lets stick to the topic Wink

anybody read the link about the muslim that converted to christianity?

i can't help thinking that islam and what the quran said about jesus ``pushed him`` into converting to christianity...

To be perfectly frank with you i dont think people getting threatned by other "muslims" will cause them to convert... its just not logical. Firstly i sincerely doubt its a question of their faith upon which they are being threatened. And if it was surely it would be the other way around (christians being threatened).

In regards to the link (ive had a quick skim read of it) and it appears that this person simply chose to convert to christianity. As much as I or any muslim will say that Islam is for everyone unfortunately not many people either get what its all about or are find it too restrictive. Which is possibly why they convert.

what does the Quran say about Jesus(pbuh)? A Muslim cannot be a Muslim if he does not believe in Jesus. Muslims respect and revere Jesus(pbuh) and await his Second Coming. Muslims consider him as one of the greatest of God’s messengers to mankind- and not God or the Son of God. The Qur’an confirms his virgin birth (a chapter of the Quran is entitled ‘Mary’), and Mary is considered the purest woman in all creation. The Quran tells us that Jesus was born of a miraculous birth without a father. His many miracles were given to him by God to establish him as a prophet. According to the Quran, he was not crucified but was raised into Heaven.
So unless theres something more specific to which you are refering to, i see nothing that would disgrace jesus in the Quran.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
To be perfectly frank with you i dont think people getting threatned by other "muslims" will cause them to convert...

huh?

when sum1 chooses to leave islam they are treated like dirt, have thier lives ruined and threatend.

Quote:

its just not logical.

how many muslim countries do you know that don't kill ppl that leave islam?

how many people do you know don't beleive that ppl that leave islam should be killed.... infact i'll add a poll in a bit.

Quote:
Firstly i sincerely doubt its a question of their faith upon which they are being threatened.

do you live in a cave or somthing?

Quote:
In regards to the link (ive had a quick skim read of it) and it appears that this person simply chose to convert to christianity. As much as I or any muslim will say that Islam is for everyone unfortunately not many people either get what its all about or are find it too restrictive. Which is possibly why they convert.

not true

he was a very strict muslim

he was binladin style maaaaaaan

Quote:
what does the Quran say about Jesus(pbuh)? A Muslim cannot be a Muslim if he does not believe in Jesus. Muslims respect and revere Jesus(pbuh) and await his Second Coming. Muslims consider him as one of the greatest of God’s messengers to mankind- and not God or the Son of God. The Qur’an confirms his virgin birth (a chapter of the Quran is entitled ‘Mary’), and Mary is considered the purest woman in all creation. The Quran tells us that Jesus was born of a miraculous birth without a father. His many miracles were given to him by God to establish him as a prophet. According to the Quran, he was not crucified but was raised into Heaven.
So unless theres something more specific to which you are refering to, i see nothing that would disgrace jesus in the Quran.

if you actaully read the link the dude said that jesus was given the best miracles

and rejecting the divinity of christ is blasphmus to any xtian

yashmaki since u is online know i assume u pressed 'no'?

well it makes a change from what u sed a while bak

correct me if i am wrong

btw guys 12,000 converts is not a lot :roll:

compared to 1.3 billion muslims world wide 12,000 is nothing, not worth bothering, but if number go up then way may have to do summing about it

Alot of people? How many can you name that hav had their lives threatened? How many cases can you name where this has happened and how many people who've converted to another religion are these people a part of?

Im not saying it doesnt happen (nor do i condone it) but compared to the number of people that do revert its a minority. If theres one thing you can rely on is the stupidity of some people. Stupid people do stupid things o2 and have little or no religious credability ... well not in Islam anyway.

Again regarding the link; its irrelivant that he was a strict practicing muslim if he simply doesnt understand it he doesnt understand it. I cant make that any clearer for you. And dont even get me started on Bin Laden and what i think of him.

Lets clear something here: Islam is the only non-Christian faith that makes it an article of faith to believe in Jesus (pbuh). We believe he performed many miracles with the permission of Allah(swt). The only difference between Islam and Christianty's views is the divinity of Christ. A study of the bible will reveal that Jesus(pbuh) himself never claimed to be God or said "worship me". We do not state that he wasnt a great prophet nor do we question the many miracles he performed. But we do not believe him to be God... doing so would be shirk. Not only because Allah(swt) commaneded us but because Jesus (pbuh) himself also said this.

Back in BLACK

Salam

It would be good if certain people left Islam.

Especially the likes of Al Qaeda and other extremists.

We should encourage them to go.

I don't like to see these sort of idiots constantly giving
a bad name to God's beautiful religion.

If they left Islam and converted to
Christinanity or Judaism or Shintoism, or whatever,
it would make Islam so much safer.

Good riddance to them.

They should go and join the Ku Klux Klan.

Infact, I would send them a thank you present.

Omrow

They believe in Allah and the Messenger like we do. Why should any muslim go and encourage another muslims to testify against that?
Every1 has the right to believe and follow any faith which they desire.

What Al-Qaeda do is between them and Allah, they are misguided muslims who need guidence. Instead of encouraging them to kufr encourage them to the correct path of Islam.
As every1 wants Jannah badly for themselvs we should want it more for our brothers and sisters. As what we desire for ourselvs first we desire for another first.

whats da big deal about converts anyway?

what does it matter?

pple follow their heart....wot makes sense to one might not move another...

god works in mysterious wayz...

They Vote To Send Us To War Instantly.....But None Of Their Kids Serve In The Infantry...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE....

"SAINT GEORGE" wrote:
whats da big deal about converts anyway?

what does it matter?

pple follow their heart....wot makes sense to one might not move another...

god works in mysterious wayz...

You know about the position on apostasy George. There is no reason to bring this rather divisive conversation up at the present moment.

100% of members in this forum beleive in religous freedom Dirol