Should Med be unbanned

87 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Admin" wrote:

2. Do not start topics just to get a negative reaction out of Med.

med is 20 years old

he's not a kid-he shoulnt be "provoked" so easily

why should we refrain from speaking about issues that intrest us if someone is gonna be "provoked" by them

if anything the boy shud practise self control

if we cant speak about bidda/shikr or scholars without him condemning us all to hell

then thats his problem and not ours

i'm against censoring debates

I was thinking about what kind of crackpot stalker-type obsessive after managing to get banned from an online forum starts e-mailing regularly to be allowed in. I know that's a Catch 22 so it isn't a sound basis on its own, but I was happy with the insight.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

"The Great 100" wrote:
I was thinking about what kind of crackpot stalker-type obsessive after managing to get banned from an online forum starts e-mailing regularly to be allowed in. I know that's a Catch 22 so it isn't a sound basis on its own, but I was happy with the insight.
who said he was emailing 'regularly'? Fool

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
who said he was emailing 'regularly'? Fool

I don't know how I got the impression he has been persistent, I think it may be from other threads. I would appreciate if Admin or Mr Ed can clear that up and if I'm mistaken I should definitely apologise.

"*DUST*" wrote:
"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
i personally dont think he should be allowed to come back
lol no surprise there. Blum 3

people like Med dont change....
how can you be so sure about that, its not as if you knew him personally. if you're always expecting the worse from him, you wont even notice when he does change.

he turned this forum in to a sectarian, argumentative, full of hate, created divisions, ridiculed alot of mainstream beliefs, insulted many scholars, insulted many people on this forum....
to be fair Ed you provoked him a couple of times, brought the worst outta him. i remember you creating some threads and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what Med's reaction would be to those topics.

before med none of this happened, and after Med none of this happened...so why call him back?
because khans right to some extent - we need more diversity of opinions on this forum. there's nothing much left to debate if we're all sitting here agreeing with eachother. and Med did contribute some valid points at times.

...and lets not forget he did flirt with a specific individual.... do we want someone like that back?
thats harsh. its unfair to highlight that when not everyone knows about it and not everyone needs to know about it. :?

Med may make the forum livlier but at what cost? he is in the same boat as judda and omrow (who should also be banned aswell)...come out with shocking comments, insult and create havoc....
judda is a teenager. weren't we all exploring our religion and whatever else at that age? give the kid a break and be more tolerant. as for omrow, he should know better.

i can answer every comment u made, but whats the point? you wanna defend him, up to you....

he was acting unislamically on the forumon in a way which is disgusting for a student of islam and a future imaam, lets face facts... this is the kind of person we want back?

and no surprise khan defending him, he loves every word med states...

if ppl cant see he was a fitna then.... i dont know.... may be definition of fitna has changed nowadays....

these are my last words on the issue...

admin, its up to you if u want him back....

EDITTED BY ADMIN

erm... 'Ed can you stop insulting other members please.

You are supposed to be the voise of reason.

Its not a good habit to suppose things and make judgements on others.

Just be honest and say you do not want him back as you hate his guts.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Ed said Med was to be a "future Imaam", i hope that was a joke. He'll b getn banned from UK soon enough if he becomes an imaam.

Y would u wna unban him, he got banned twice, r u hopin for a 3rd time lucky kinda thing?

I personally feel it wudnt b wise to hav him back here, but, if sumhow he gets voted back in, i wudnt worry, cuz he'd b banned again in a few weeks.

EDITED BY ADMIN

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

guys can we NOT make this a character assasination.

You either agree with him, or you disagre with him.

Neither of those indicates wether you want him back.

You can agree with him, and still not want him back, or disagree with him and want him back. Or not care either way.

SO far the vote is 50:50.

It needs to be in the positive for me to allow him back.

Simple comments with a yes or no. No need to gossip ('what? he did what? no...!'), or assassinate or build his character.

If he is allowed back he will do all that himself.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I don't know why he is so eager to come back. Maybe he has gained more 'knowledge' to drown and/or cripple us with.

He certainly hasn't changed. This is what he thinks of a meeting between Shaykh Hamza Yusuf and the Dalai Lama:

Quote:
Isnt this Dalai Lama thing supposedly a demi-god/reincarnation of the Buddha Manhoos? Interesting that those who claim to believe in tawheed sit with men who believe themselves to be reincarnations of humans who reach union with God.

[url= forum, yesterday[/url]

Chill Admin,

We're just giving out views on Meds return. Although i do agree with you that Ed did kinda always kick off with him. Which although was entertaining for us it did seem to bring out his ugly side.

Im not sure if he expressed any aspirations for becoming an Imaam or not (i may have missed that) but he seemed to take himself too seriously which seemd to clash with alot of personalities here.

Its true he's been banned twice, once as himself another as his alter ego. But everyone deserves a chance to change. I think its increadily wrong to assume people never change bcoz that implys mankind cant improve themselves.

Meds views are of a dying breed, if he wishes to stay here will have to find a place in the new world without his everyones going to hell and brimstone routine.

Back in BLACK

Let him back

He's an alryt guy, views aside, and i enjoy'd having him around

the rules should be same for everyone....obviously he has to be careful of what he says this time....but how long can you hold something against someone for?

he may have learnt his lesson, and its wrong to watch him closely....its true, a lot of people here probably break a few rules....dont know if theres a rule against swearing, but there should be!!

and he has tried coming back twice, has emailed the admin...and posts now n then on the tech board....so its clear he wants to come back

and its dead around here.....so i say, let him back!

Me and LilSis promise we wont pick on him, ryt? :twisted:

P.S. as for asking Angel, i dont think shes too bothered, on the minjah forum i asked her why she isnt postin here...and she said she doesnt feel like it

so we got clearance ryt?

everyone seems to be sayin yes, bar mohsin and ed

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I am not saying yes, Sirus, and according to the votes not everyone is saying yes, and my only hesitation is that personally I see little difference between Med, Judda and khan and it isn't my place to start campaigning against their membership, so I haven't voted.

theres a difference between Med and Judda...clearly, whether you like them or not

as for Omrow....he aint too bad

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

You're right, Judda isn't so bad. I have engaged in lots of gossip on this thread and had better shut up about it now. :oops:

Is there a certain time period we are looking at for this poll?

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Is there a certain time period we are looking at for this poll?

I was wondering that too... but maybe they're having second thoughts and think it would be openning up a old bag of worms.

Back in BLACK

give til around sunday...

and its not a simple decision. Otherwise I would have already made it.

'til now I have always been of the assumption that being banned means never coming back, with an allowance for special cases.

This will change all that.

There are issues. Not everything is positive, not everything negative.

And the actual poll is pretty close. I had actually expected that to be far more in the positive to be honest.

and no surprise khan defending him, he loves every word med states...

Lol don't watch that.. he's just trying to wind me up..
hows it going mate, been a long time.. hope all is good. Biggrin

to be honest it aint really 50:50, cos I voted no by accident.. read the question all wrong..

we all make mistakes, u name the rule, i've broken it..

I've insulted people who are christian, jew and muslim on here, i've slandered on here, i've even kissed little girls on here (damn where's that smiley : *), which i regret,.. but on the heat of the moment u say stuff u don't mean..

i've made loads of mistakes in this place.. how comes I'm still here? Lol

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"khan" wrote:
i've even kissed little girls on here

:shock: :?:

Ed I think there are legitimate reasons for wanting to have Med back. I mean hell I said I do (again subject to Angel's feelings and you and Admins determinations) and if you look ideologically there is absolutely no reason I could. He's constantly asking me to convert to Islam; he has none of the political or religious affiliations I do other than generally conservative - but I still like the guy. If you learn to ignore certain people's ostentatious behavior *cough* sometimes you actually find other reasons to like them...

Perhaps that's what Khan Dust and Myself are looking at...

But like I said before (and correct me if I'm wrong I don't think either Khan OR Dust have disagreed with me), the Revival belongs to you and Admin, we play by your rules and its your house so it's only right that we defer to your decision. Also Angel is the one Med personally, directly and capriciously offended - so I couldn't in good conscious say "yea forget that just let him back!" It's only fair that to be allowed back we have to first know that Angel is okay with it, and that Med will apologize to her.

What would this forum be like if I allowed it to be a free for all, with no censorship at all?

It would give 'Ed a heart attack. (he expects even 1 years olds to be mature, and more importantly, agree with him!)

Censorship is not the correct way to go overall IMO. It has the problem that atm The Revival is no longer 'the voice of the muslim youth', as censored voices go elsewhere to express themselves.

I think we can even take expletives to a certain extent.

However due to consideration to members, I have made sure this place is polite. But in real life people our age, or slightly younger are NOT polite. every other sentence would be full of expletives.

I gotta say that previously I did have alot more wor to do with censorship, and I do welcome the change.

But we may be defeating our purpose if we take censorship too far.

True, this is a diferent subject, but this topic itself is as close enough to hijack, as we are running around in circles til we get a decision.

Sectarian topics should be left well alone though, as none of use are scholars, and all it will cause is pointless debates.

i agree with dave

personally med never attcked or upset me

BUT ppl here have in the past upset me

some are banned-others i hate and i will most prob will bear a grudge for life

the decision shud be angels-it was her that he upset

I have her view already. Its not something you should worry about. The reason I have not put it in this topic is simply for the reason the people I contacted via PM were in private convo's. WHat was said will remain private unless I am contacted, and told to spill the beans.

i'm not worried

u dont see me grilling u for what she said-

if i wanted to know i could ask her myself

i was just making a point-she may find it easy to forgive and forget

but i havent dropped any personal grudge with one member or two from here

BTW i havent voted

i aint fussed either way

Hope you aint got a grudge against me...

Thanks for clearing that up though.

I think I will decide within the next few days. Nothing concrete either way, but this topic does seem to have outlived its usefulness.

nah no grudge against u

I'm ur fan Wink

on a serious note-u may be slow at times but ur a fair admin

what i dont understand is that why the hell wud he WANT to come back :?:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Probably why most of us come back everyday...

nothing better to do
Time pass
To live and learn
To apologise.... (what it could happen)

Unfortunately as Admin said no one can really be told why he's coming back... we have to wait and see if and when he comes back.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Probably why most of us come back everyday...

nothing better to do
Time pass
To live and learn
To apologise.... (what it could happen)

Unfortunately as Admin said no one can really be told why he's coming back... we have to wait and see if and when he comes back.

he wants to come back cos hes got no self respect

being kicked from a forum and nows he's begging to come back...how pathetic is that

most ppl here have changed their tunes and now its 'he shud come back' or 'hes a good guy really'..... when before it was 'hes sectarian, holier than thou, he insults, he flirts, he offends....'
i dont get some ppl

end of the day.... if admin does bring him back( if it was up to me he would never come back) ... then i will just stay out of his way.... cos i dont enter discussions with ppl like that....

neway... theres more to life

Has he e-mailed again?

Just the initial exchange a couple of weeks ago.

And I would never expect 'Ed to say anything favourable about Med.

The names rhyme, both try to dominate, and get into similarly opposing, but totalitarian positions... not a good recipe for success. :twisted:

Pages