yes but im addicted
0% (0 votes)
i dont want to answer - lock this thread now
0% (0 votes)
i dont want to answer - lock this thread now
0% (0 votes)
Total votes: 24

ok im gonna be controversial again Dirol

what is the point of the forum, while being on here for the past 7-8 months or so ive noticed, observed and analysed alot of peculiar things, it seems as though different people have different agendas.

some people use this forum as a type of diary, they recollect all the points of their life and goings on of the day, is this what the forum is for to say what happend to you today and write a public diary - i see a sense of insecurity in this roll

Other people use it as a sort of competition and boast about how many threads/comments they have posted , is the point to make the most amount of threads and be proud of it roll - when the same person keeps making threads it is detrimental to the forum , because the non active members become dependant on that one member to make the threads, just like in school when the same person answers all the questions

others see it as a way of arguing , to defeat the other members and win, to be corect all the time, is this the point of the forum to be right and win the argument , some of these people just want to prove how cleva they are by making others look less cleva- a newbie which i introduced a long while ago to this forum, didnt want to come again after just typing a few comments they said 'they quote everything you say , make their own interpretation of it and make you feel stupid' - is this the poin of the forum , to make people feel stupid roll

Also some could use it to chat to the opposite sex shock , i once observed a convo late at night were two people from opposite sexes talked about looking for marriage and how pretty they were, also some one here might deliberately target the attention of the opposite sex by majoritily replying to girls comments and making stupid nick names about them or just making generally stupid remarks at them to attract their attention.- shame on them roll

others who hardly make threads or post , stay hidden all day and reading other comments ? , when i come to the forum at odd times i notice 2-3 hidden people at say 4am ? .

Ive also noticed how addicted people get to this, it affects peoples work, job, education and general living, if for example some one spends 2 hours a day here, thats 14hours a week,56 hours a month, 672 hours a year ,which = a whole month shock of a year you spent on the forum.

so is the forum a boredom killer, for sheltered people who aint got nothing useful to occupy their life with to just spend their whole life on computers - someone once this state that people here are unambitious - maybe its true roll

I know this thread wont improve my already hugh popularity in this forum lol , but who cares bout being popular or liked in the forum- or do you, is the point of the forum to be popular and make freinds , to be liked - i have noticed alot of people becoming close freinds and have had requests of msn and linking up - however i guess making freinds isnt a bad thing ?

my point was not to offend anyone or attack the forum , please discuss things that you notice bout the forum? and what you think the point of the forum is ? and if you think people are sticking to that point?

All those points apply to almost every other forum/message board on the web - whether Muslim or non-Muslim.

And you could make those points about general web-use - not just web-based 'discussion'.

BTW What's more sad - excessive participation in such forums or the study of them? Lol

"Beast" wrote:
All those points apply to almost every other forum/message board on the web - whether Muslim or non-Muslim.

And you could make those points about general web-use - not just web-based 'discussion'.

BTW what's more sad? Excessive participation in these forums or the study of them. Lol

as this is the only forum i participate in im jus stating observations of this forum i wouldnt know bout other forums/web use ect

to answer your question excessive participation is sadder about 100 times more Lol

but thats not the issue, stick to the topic :twisted:

the poll isn't comprehensive enough, i dont think any of the options apply to me.

and lol, that might be me who is always hidden and online, but its because i dont bother logging out coz i know noone else uses my pc. Lol

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"nAS786" wrote:
...i once observed a convo late at night were two people from opposite sexes talked about looking for marriage and how pretty they were...

you see there you should send a PM to a moderator...

What is the point of the Forum? I dunno. Originally all those yeas ago, I had a masterplan. now I cannot even remember what it was.

Its a place to discuss anything in an open manner. Its a place to get advice. Its a place to get things off your mind. And occasionally a place to make you think, and radically alter your opinions.

I think.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
"nAS786" wrote:
...i once observed a convo late at night were two people from opposite sexes talked about looking for marriage and how pretty they were...

nas, are u referring to a convo that took place on this main board? how could anyone else have missed it?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
"nAS786" wrote:

nas, are u referring to a convo that took place on this main board? how could anyone else have missed it?

U forgotten already, come on it was the talk of revival for a month or so, here a hint, both of them ain't posting anymore.
Wink

Anyway, i think that you can gain quite alot from forum, nothing tangible though, but i believe my character has change in the time i been posting. Because i normally let my fustration out here and so am much more chill in real life now and hardly ever get into debate and agruments anymore, which is good. I guess it depend how open you are, to how a forum impact you, if you consider yourself a better person then people on here, i guess you won't take anything, but i think if you take everyone views into consideration at one point it will impact you, whether you realise it or not. I personally definitely learn how to discuss things without getting petty now and i feel more confident in my views in life as i believe that they been challenge on different forums and they stood true.

But if you cynical a forum can be consider a waste of time, but in all honestly the time i spend on the internet is basically teh time i used to play Playstation and TV which i stop nearly completely at the moment. I think a more honest question would be, how we waste time in general, how often are we doing anything meaningful when we not on the internet?

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
"nAS786" wrote:

U forgotten already, come on it was the talk of revival for a month or so, here a hint, both of them ain't posting anymore.
Wink

oh yea course i remember that but if its what nas is referring to, i think he's exaggerating a little. :?

"nAS786" wrote:
ok im gonna be controversial again Dirol

what is the point of the forum, while being on here for the past 7-8 months or so ive noticed, observed and analysed alot of peculiar things, it seems as though different people have different agendas.

some people use this forum as a type of diary, they recollect all the points of their life and goings on of the day, is this what the forum is for to say what happend to you today and write a public diary - i see a sense of insecurity in this :roll:

Other people use it as a sort of competition and boast about how many threads/comments they have posted , is the point to make the most amount of threads and be proud of it :roll: - when the same person keeps making threads it is detrimental to the forum , because the non active members become dependant on that one member to make the threads, just like in school when the same person answers all the questions

others see it as a way of arguing , to defeat the other members and win, to be corect all the time, is this the point of the forum to be right and win the argument , some of these people just want to prove how cleva they are by making others look less cleva- a newbie which i introduced a long while ago to this forum, didnt want to come again after just typing a few comments they said 'they quote everything you say , make their own interpretation of it and make you feel stupid' - is this the poin of the forum , to make people feel stupid :roll:

Also some could use it to chat to the opposite sex :shock: , i once observed a convo late at night were two people from opposite sexes talked about looking for marriage and how pretty they were, also some one here might deliberately target the attention of the opposite sex by majoritily replying to girls comments and making stupid nick names about them or just making generally stupid remarks at them to attract their attention.- shame on them :roll:

others who hardly make threads or post , stay hidden all day and reading other comments :? , when i come to the forum at odd times i notice 2-3 hidden people at say 4am :? .

Ive also noticed how addicted people get to this, it affects peoples work, job, education and general living, if for example some one spends 2 hours a day here, thats 14hours a week,56 hours a month, 672 hours a year ,which = a whole month :shock: of a year you spent on the forum.

so is the forum a boredom killer, for sheltered people who aint got nothing useful to occupy their life with to just spend their whole life on computers - someone once this state that people here are unambitious - maybe its true :roll:

I know this thread wont improve my already hugh popularity in this forum Lol , but who cares bout being popular or liked in the forum- or do you, is the point of the forum to be popular and make freinds , to be liked - i have noticed alot of people becoming close freinds and have had requests of msn and linking up - however i guess making freinds isnt a bad thing :?

my point was not to offend anyone or attack the forum , please discuss things that you notice bout the forum? and what you think the point of the forum is ? and if you think people are sticking to that point?

when u continously analyse the forum an make it ur duty to examine the members..............u knw u addicted Lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"yuit" wrote:
Wink

That's not what he's on about. He actually didn't notice anything when all that was going on.

If only you knew who and what he was talking about... Lol

Salam

"nAS786" wrote:
ok im gonna be controversial again

Dream on.

The only way you can be controversial is if you use the wrong contraceptive.

"*DUST*" wrote:
the poll isn't comprehensive enough...

Its a lot more comprehensive than the one you gave us dusty woman.

By the way, ugly names. Both of you. Dust and nAS. What the Hell !

Now, to address the question:

This forum is one of the best forums in England.

It is: Informative. Entertaining. And, highly Islamic.

Best bunch of Muslims you will find anywhere on the internet.

Congratulations to the Revival Team for managing a remarkable site.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Its a lot more comprehensive than the one you gave us dusty woman.
lol, 'tis true. but i just thought there's no way anyone [i]wouldn't[/i] want aph back so u might as well be able to say 'yes' in your favourite language. Blum 3

"Beast" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
Wink

That's not what he's on about. He actually didn't notice anything when all that was going on.

yea i thought it sounded comparitively OTT. :?

"Beast" wrote:
If only you knew who and what he was talking about... Lol
dont tease us!

Interesting analysis. This forum must be on your mind a lot.

At times I have felt that there’s no point to this forum and that it brings more harm then good...and some people occasionally advise me to leave…

Slander and/or personal attacks agitates me extremely and is what brings the rep of this forum down.

I post here a lot cos I love reading how others think/behave and I love writing, therefore whenever I’m free I try to see what’s going on here….

I don’t think this forum holds me back from my other commitments, cos I don’t allow it too.

I think my two years here have been generally beneficial for me..

If I didn’t start posting here, I wouldn’t have become the Sub Editor of the best magazine in the world. Biggrin

I’ve learnt how others think/live their life…

I’ve become slightly more open minded to differences of opinion..

I’ve made quite a few fantastic friends here…online/offline.

I’ve been able to offload things that are on my mind.

I’ve cut down on TV..

What exactly are you trying to say.

Quote:
nAS786 wrote:

admin- you see there you should send a PM to a moderator...

im not a snitch Dirol

Quote:
beast - That's not what he's on about. He actually didn't notice anything when all that was going on.
If only you knew who and what he was talking about...

huh :? i dont think i ever told you , and if i did what are you implying, i hope your not implying im a lying :x , cuz you can call me alot of things but im not a lier, only cowards and criminals lie :evil:

Quote:
dust-yea i thought it sounded comparitively OTT.

no comment :?

it was a while back and i cant remember everything exactly someone called boss or xboss or something and he was chatted to a sister and said he was looking for a wife she invoked the convasation and someone talked about being pretty, ect ...., then admin deleted the posts/thread

please someone tell me i didnt dream this up :?

Quote:
omrow-
The only way you can be controversial is if you use the wrong contraceptive.

aww omrow did i hurt your little feelings :twisted: , did you figure out which part of my origional comment was refering to you :twisted: , well since their arent enough words in the english language to describe how idiotic you are, ill quote you , as that quote excellently describes how your mind works you stupid baboon Lol

Quote:
muslim sister-Interesting analysis. This forum must be on your mind a lot

im sure its not on my mind as much as it is on yours Lol

Quote:
freshie - when u continously analyse the forum an make it ur duty to examine the members..............u knw u addicted

maybe- but generally im very observant , enquizative and analytic in nature - cant be much of a bad thing :?

im sure you all dont mind me analysing and examining you all :twisted:

interesting results on the poll , keep it going, people who havent voted , vote

nAS, *DUST* was thinking of something else.

That xboss/hacker thingy was surreal though. I do not think anyone took it seriously apart from him.

noone comes on and says 'your board is about to be hacked by someone, I am helping you, btw does anyone wanna marry me?'

You did not cream that up. But it was controlled, and there is nothing that can be done to avoid such things, apart from get on top of the situation.

I have made it abundantly clear this is not a dating/marriage agency, and I think everyone has got the message.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
nAS, *DUST* was thinking of something else.

yup, realise that now. :?

"nAS786" wrote:
Quote:
beast - That's not what he's on about. He actually didn't notice anything when all that was going on.
If only you knew who and what he was talking about...

huh :? i dont think i ever told you , and if i did what are you implying, i hope your not implying im a lying :x , cuz you can call me alot of things but im not a lier, only cowards and criminals lie :evil:

You've told me several times. Lol

Anyway, Admin's got it.

"nAS786" wrote:

maybe- but generally im very observant , enquizative and analytic in nature - cant be much of a bad thing :?

im sure you all dont mind me analysing and examining you all :twisted:

interesting results on the poll , keep it going, people who havent voted , vote

not maybe, definitely

ur not a psychologist - ur a student who studies psychology

anyway......half of psychology is based on studies and the other half is made up stuff

so carry on examining, ur jus putting your own theories forward

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

And whats wrong with it if it is a waste of time???

At least this is alot better than being stuck watching TV all the time.... or going out with your friends and your pubs and your clubs and your sounds. Biggrin

Its the lesser of the two evils IMO.

Back in BLACK

"nAS786" wrote:

Quote:
muslim sister-Interesting analysis. This forum must be on your mind a lot

im sure its not on my mind as much as it is on yours Lol

I don't understand what exactly you're getting at? Is spending time here a bad thing?

I'm lucky enough to lead a very, very active busy life and posting messages here helps me to relax, and like Seraph if I wasn't posting here I'd prob be relaxing in front of the TV.

"nAS786" wrote:

when i come to the forum at odd times i notice 2-3 hidden people at say 4am :? .

And what are you doing online at 4 in the morning?

More Revival forum studies?

lol good points

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

hidden people get shown up as guests.

SInce the net is not limited to the uk, maybe, just maybe, someone has stumbled across the site, and is having a look around?

aw, i totally love this forum.
Biggrin it's the cleanest forum i've joined seriously. no swearing, flirting etc. u'r all a good bunch of people.
it's good to have an islamic forum. it's really helpful in a persons life.

and reading all of the posts above. made me laugh so much.
i really have come into a wondeful family cos u all sounded just like a family. Lol

a family wouldnt be a family without bickering, would it? Blum 3

smile and be happy!!!

you shurrup!

:twisted:

Naah tis all good here.

There are times when I think what is the point, and then there are times when it is all quiet and peaceful.

Currently we are in a very quiet phase.

[size=7]bring back med, judda and mujahid'[/size]

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"nAS786" wrote:

and he calls US addicts :roll: :roll:

Pages