Last post

"100man" wrote:
[size=17]WARNING - Links Not Very Suitable[/size]
[size=13][b]Please Read Constantine's Comment Below Before Clicking[/b][/size]

[url= Fingers[/url]

[url= 2[/url]

[url= 3[/url]

asalam-ualaikum

i just wanted to say, i understand what your saying. see, my elder bro has kept a beard, n mashallah it suits him, but unfortunately he's had a lot negative comments from people, including mebers of the family. if one intends to keep a beard, then i think he should be encouraged, not put down about it.

he's had comments like, "why are you keeping it? or " it doesnt suit you", shave it off"

it did get to him, but he kept it. then when it was the night b4 eid, he was going to trim it, he used one of them shaving machines, as he was doing it, it kinda went wrong. he had like a little patch with no hair, so he had to shave it all off. he was really gutted. after keeping it for so long, that had to happen a day b4 eid.

now ppl were happy. they were like, oh its good you shaved it off, you look better now.

its grown back now mashallah so its ok. i just think, like i said before, if you want to keep it, then you should. dont let anyone get to you.

sorry if i went on for too long, just seen the title beard, n thought i'd write a comment. im kinds new on here. anyway, gotz to go, allah hafis everyone.

Welcome Sweet and i do hope you enjoy it here.

Just tell your brother keep remembering why he kept the beard, to follow the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (saw). Its easy for people to encourage wrong-doing an not appreciate good things, people talk regardless.

what are the legitimate reasons to keeping a beard

a freind told me his religous freind wants him to keep a beard before she even considers marraige to him, that is his only reason for wanting a beard
is this a valid reason ?, what advice should i give him?

If you have a beard do you have to ensure you read all namaz and set an good example at all times?

Can having a beard save you from punishment from sins?

If having a beard, are your sins more sinful and liable to more punishment?

brothers and sisters share your views

personally i have great respect with muslims with beards , it shows devotion to faith, strength of character and solidarity in being muslim

ok, i'll give ur Qs a shot:

"RAF786" wrote:
a freind told me his religous freind wants him to keep a beard before she even considers marraige to him, that is his only reason for wanting a beard is this a valid reason ?, what advice should i give him?

firstly, u should ask him y he has friends who are girls. Blum 3
and secondly, i guess this is kinda like the Qs 'should a girl wear hijab even though she's only doing it coz her dad/hubby told her to?' and the answer is ofcourse 'yes' because at the end of the day its a good act - some time down the line when ur friend inshaAllah keeps a beard with the best intentions, he'll be thankful that he's kept it till then, even if it was for different reasons.

"RAF786" wrote:
If you have a beard do you have to ensure you read all namaz and set an good example at all times?

all muslims have to do this, beard or no beard. Salaah is so important (as well as compulsory) - every single muslim should ensure that they pray all five. i guess 'setting a good example' is arguably more important for bearded guys as they can be recognised as muslims, but that doesnt mean non-bearded guys are off the hook when it comes to da'wah.

"RAF786" wrote:
Can having a beard save you from punishment from sins?

If having a beard, are your sins more sinful and liable to more punishment?

Allahu a3lam.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Aslaam alaikum people, it's been a long time since I posted on this forum due to the busy life - unlike some of you who have it sooo easy, so don't run away from me...

From the hadiths, the prophet (Saas) said grow the beards and trim the moustaches (not shave), but notice the prophet (saas) didn't ever give a length, as if he (saas) did then that would have been obligatory, and for some today a burden, as even praying the 5 daily prayers seems such a burden for some.

Then theres another hadith about Hazrat Umar (RA) who at umrah time used to hold his beard in his fist and cut the remaining. People with intelect and knowledge realise that Hazrat Umar(ra) was one of the four great sihabas and he followed the prophet(saas) to the smallest detail, hence this points to the fact that keeping a fistful is sunnah. Shaving is Haram, as our prophet(Saas) said immitating the opposite sex is forbidden.

As for the current situation (sorry for going on for long, I'm know some peoples reading skills aint that good so please read bear with me), beard may not necessarily mean a muslim is a pious muslim but at least it gives an ID of what kind of muslim (level of piousness) he is, i.e. the tidyness, length etc. but one thing to remember is someone who is keeping a beard and for islamic reasons must have something in his heart for islam, he is infact planting a seed and is following one of the great outwarldy sunnah's of the prophet (saas) and all other prophets with beards.

So I congratulate all those guys who are doing this and are fighting the great jihad of the ego and desires, remember the jihad of the disires is the greater jihad than the jihad in a battlefield, as the jihad of desires is fought over a lifetime...

May allah(swt) makes us more stronger internally and gives us the strength to fight our inner whispers and clean the soul against todays diseases and fitna's. Ammen.
Aslaam alaikum and peace to all.

The best preacher is the conscience, the best teachers are time and experience, the best book is the world, the best friend is God

"Umar" wrote:
beard may not necessarily mean a muslim [b]is a pious muslim[/b] but at least it gives an ID of what kind of muslim ([b]level of piousness[/b]) he is, i.e. the tidyness, length etc.

r u not contradicting urself there^? plz clarify.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Aasiyah, apologies for the contradiction, I was going to go deeper into that but stopped short due to the post length, plus what I'm saying is through my experience with people and long beards etc. The point I'm trying to make is people with beards should change there ways according to the sunnah of the prophet(saas), many times I've heard people say such a such person has a long beard and look what he did/does, it gives a bad impression. Thats all really Smile

The best preacher is the conscience, the best teachers are time and experience, the best book is the world, the best friend is God

This is in response to the question which was basically on the lines that if a person keeps a beard and does sins are his sins somehow worse?

The answer is NO.

This unfortunately a problem within our community- eg they say oh look such and such has done so many hajj and still he does this or does that. This is completely baseless.

The sin is the same for ALL, it makes no difference how long his beard is or how many hajj he done or if he is hafiz or not. A sin is the same for all; i really dont understand why people are quick to criticise when a''religious'' person does some sin but just passover it when its ''street'' boyt who does it. I aint saying any1 here has done that, I am commenting on what generally happens.

So the answer, is NO. The sin is equally with everyone.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Umar" wrote:
beard may not necessarily mean a muslim is a pious muslim but at least it gives an ID of what kind of muslim (level of piousness) he is, .

That is sooooooooo true. In my life it has always been the non hijaabis and the beardless men who have been there for me in time of need.

like attracts like.

My close friends are either religious students, or huffaz or even alim. I feel more comfortable talking to them and have more in common with them.

So similarly those who are not so inclined into religion will find that their close friends are also not the religious type people.

Nothing bad about that,IMO.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

musk bro

Although the sin may not be worse
if a person has done hajj and has a long beard or even a iman, then he is respected and therefore should have a responsibility to adhere to the rules of islam and show proper conduct. As it then sets a bad example and bad image, so in that sense there sins are worse

I agree that the EFFECTS of their sins are worse, because when the religious inclined people openly sin then the public become bold and sins are perpertrated more brazenly.
So in that sense I agree totally that it is more damaging to the image of islaam or the masjid or madrassah etc if these things take place there.

But, the sin really is the same for both.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"musk" wrote:
I agree that the EFFECTS of their sins are worse, because when the religious inclined people openly sin then the public become bold and sins are perpertrated more brazenly.
So in that sense I agree totally that it is more damaging to the image of islaam or the masjid or madrassah etc if these things take place there.

But, the sin really is the same for both.

i guess wot u are both saying in different ways is that in the eyes of PEOPLE, a bearded man's sin is worse.
wherease in the eyes of ALLAH, bearded or non-bearded, the sin is of equal weight.

She is such a hypocrite. She changed her name to her mothers cos she didnt want to be associated or whatever with the bin ladin name, and then what does she do? start posing under titles the sexy bin ladin or whatever.

The woman is a whore.

I say good riddance, better she start up her business in the whoredom that is America than pollute the Holy Lands with her impure presence.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

the bimbo clearly wants attention thats why she didnt bother changing her name until she got noticed dumbass,

she is one lost girl...

good she changed her name shes an insult to the bin-ladens

she is not the only insult to the Bin-Ladens though... I am sure she is probably the second most troubelsome person Wink

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
she is not the only insult to the Bin-Ladens though... I am sure she is probably the second most troubelsome person Wink

whats THAT s'posed to mean?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"musk" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

whats THAT s'posed to mean?

She is harming the family name only.

Her uncle is harming all muslims, if not by actually carrying out actions which are not islamically acceptable, then by voicing support for such acts.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

i er kind of disagree here...

i well erm think what********************************did or not well.....

right/ wrong reasons allahu alam..

dont hate the person

hope you understand

white that doesnt make any sense...what are you actually trying ta say???

"white" wrote:
dont hate the person

Take your own advice.

Quote:
bimbo wants attention
Quote:
dumbass
Quote:
she is one lost girl...
Quote:
shes an insult to the bin-ladens

my fault..

what i mentioned above was me not referring to this girl BUT her dear uncle.

"white" wrote:
my fault..

"bimbo" and "girl" and saying "she" are references to a FEMALE not a male.

"white" wrote:
my fault..

One rule for some but another rule for others?

"Beast" wrote:
"white" wrote:
my fault..

tut tut

"Ramz" wrote:
"white" wrote:
my fault..

"bimbo" and "girl" and saying "she" are references to a FEMALE not a male.

yea... here i was referring to her uncle vvv

"white" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

i well erm think what********************************did or not well.....

right/ wrong reasons allahu alam..

dont hate the person

Basically you are saying we cannot judge OBL because we do not know his motives, or even wether he was the one who ordered the attrocities.

I say he has given his support to the actions with subsequent broadcasts, and it does not matter wether he knew anything beforehand.

He is giving Islam and all muslims a bad name by supporting the acts, and saying they are done 'for' the muslims.

k...fair enough

its just to complicated to explain my thinking noones bound to agree,

not that i support his doings, be right or wrong...i think i'll leave it here

"Beast" wrote:
"white" wrote:
my fault..

i need not explain myself

Pages