SHOULD NON MUSLIMS BE ALLOWED IN HOLY CITIES OF MECCA AND MEDINA??

YES,it would be helpful to them to understand Islam
8% (1 vote)
YES,it would be helpful to them to understand Islam
8% (1 vote)
NO,it would be controversial
42% (5 votes)
NO,it would be controversial
42% (5 votes)
Total votes: 12

Is naat khwanni in the modern world ok,that is read alongwith a bit of music,chorus???though music is Haram

Is shaving beard Haram or is Gunnah??many have said that it is good to have a beard but shaving beard is not a Gunnah.

Watching Islamic channels or informative channels,excluding movies and music,a sin???

Living of Imaams in mosques???esp in Pakistan

Asking PIRS for help and begging them???that is now a trend among Pakistanis going to the tombs of Qalandars etc and doing MANNATS

ASSALAM OO ALAIKUM

HELP! i've fallen and i can't....................HEY nice carpet!

"MUHAMMADALINASIR" wrote:

Is naat khwanni in the modern world ok,that is read alongwith a bit of music,chorus???though music is Haram

depends. naats are not haraam!! those that use the bollywood tunes should be avoided i recks. nothing wrong with a lil music or a chorus....if you plan on declaring everything Haraam you only serve to make Islam seem backward

Is shaving beard Haram or is Gunnah??many have said that it is good to have a beard but shaving beard is not a Gunnah.

I would say shaving it is Gunnah......if you kept the intention of keeping a proper beard. but it may not be, may just be undesirable

Watching Islamic channels or informative channels,excluding movies and music,a sin???

what the heck!! watching TV is not a sin!! depends on what you watch. watching news is important, and i would like to knw whats Gunnah about watching Islamic Channels!!

what you mean living off the Imaam? never heard of it, explain please.

Asking PIRS for help and begging them???that is now a trend among Pakistanis going to the tombs of Qalandars etc and doing MANNATS

its not begging....but no theres nothing wrong. obviously some people here take a diffrent perspective.

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

My initial reaction to your poll question is

What the hell! I don't bar muslims from my holy cities!

But then I got to thinking I probably would if I could. It's not exactly like the Byzantines sent Bakr a letter asking him if he could come to Jerusalem. Nor has the Vatican ever been particularly welcoming of other religions.

And there is a reason for that.

People go to holy places to reaffirm their faith - not to have it barraged by street preachers. The idea of a Holy City is to concentrate the faith and hopefully the faithful.

Like the Vatican - it is essentially a repository of cannon law, scriptural doctrine, secret assassination orders, theological philosophy, records of various ecumenical meetings et cetera - all for the purpose of extracting as much of the essence out of religion as possible.

Distractions from this very intense kind of study are not to be well recieved.

I suppose it's a little harsh banning people from entire cities, when they could just as easily ban them from important shrines etc but it's certainly a long established practice and who the hell are we to challenge it anyway.

If a nonmuslim wants to see Mecca or Medinah so badly they can just convert.

Iv'e voted Yes they should

why shouldnt they? providing they respect the cities and its holy places, and behave accordingly

ive been to church! lol, cant see why it would raise controversy

allowing them to visit and allowing them to live there/have control/power etc is a diff thing

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

lol sounds like there is a story behind that.

Been church a few times Biggrin

nice buildings.....best visit was when we accidently touched Jesus and set the alarm off......no1 was in the church so we jus ran! Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
Been church a few times Biggrin

nice buildings.....best visit was when we accidently touched Jesus and set the alarm off......no1 was in the church so we jus ran! Lol

lol sounds like you were in a Catholic church.

Could have been, been a few...one was defo protestant, i think one was one of them other denominations tho - possibly Jehova's? dunno!

one thing i cant grasp is.....why are churhces so empty?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
Could have been, been a few...one was defo protestant, i think one was one of them other denominations tho - possibly Jehova's? dunno!

one thing i cant grasp is.....why are churhces so empty?

hmm... aren't too many protestants that have statues...

Empty?

Might have been the day you went or something, they are community centers when they are not functioning in their worship capacity on Sundays.

There is a lot of negative space built into really old churches especially Cathedrals for acoustic reasons - no microphones or any of that.

I understand Hagia Sophia's acoustics are nearly perfect.

I think a lot of Euros aren't going to church as much anymore which could account for it... Christianity is sort of devolving into a strange individualist spritualism.

Things are a little different down South... we invented the "MEGACHURCH" which must be said in all caps just because I said so.

HUUUUUGE monstrous creatures that have like 12,000 seats basketball courts swimming pools - everything. I think Falwal is building one right now that is four acres in size.

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

depends. naats are not haraam!! those that use the bollywood tunes should be avoided i recks. nothing wrong with a lil music or a chorus....if you plan on declaring everything Haraam you only serve to make Islam seem backward

I would say shaving it is Gunnah......if you kept the intention of keeping a proper beard. but it may not be, may just be undesirable

what the heck!! watching TV is not a sin!! depends on what you watch. watching news is important, and i would like to knw whats Gunnah about watching Islamic Channels!!

what you mean living off the Imaam? never heard of it, explain please.

its not begging....but no theres nothing wrong. obviously some people here take a diffrent perspective.

Naats are not haram,one of sahabi used to read naats and Muhammad pbuh adored it,but today naats are read with chorus and music.Your justification to me is wrong "LIL BIT OF MUSIC",music is strictly prohibited in Islam because it damages your soul.
"Music helps in destruction of soul in the same way as water helps in prospering the field",Muhammad PBUH.

Shaving beard is Gunnah satisfies me and most of people i have consulted told me so,but i always use to think that beard is Sunnah infact Sunnat-e-moqeda thats why it is considered Gunnah,but in ancient times everyone was having beard from Muslim Imams to English Kings and preists and men were considered having beards,but now it is not a sign of masculinity.

I think TV is a modern alias of pictures thats why i am doubtful.

Imams living in Mosque boundaries is common here in Pakistan

People go to tombs of Qalandars spending a lot of time and money and those who cant they take loans and i have asked many of them that why do u go there why you pray to human beings,the reply is that we only want their help as they are allah's beloved people their request may be considered,but,according to Muhammad SAW when in need always take help from namaz and Sabar.

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
Iv'e voted Yes they should

why shouldnt they? providing they respect the cities and its holy places, and behave accordingly

allowing them to visit and allowing them to live there/have control/power etc is a diff thing

I AGREE

i ask....why not?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Dave" wrote:
Why?

Lot of laughters.
Thats my personal opinion that it would be helpful for non muslims to understand Islam and infact the true Islam,its love and these cities are a great example so peaceful and lovely,surely would attract a non-muslim.

But many of Islamic scholars oppose it and regard it as controversial and since it has been from the real beginning therefore nobody can challenge it.Coz decisions of Muhammad SAW and his Khalifas are always perfect.

Because it's prohibited by law. Makkah and Madinah are holy ground, not tourists haunts. Every single person visiting must do so out of love for and in service and remembrance of Allaah ta'ala, not just to see the sights. Yes, there are those who would treat the place with respect, but there are certainly those who would not. How do you screen such people? Who do you let in and who do you keep out? It's too sacred to trivialise it in such a manner and take the risk.

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

ok...now i change my stance.

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Aphrodite" wrote:
Because it's prohibited by law. Makkah and Madinah are holy ground, not tourists haunts. Every single person visiting must do so out of love for and in service and remembrance of Allaah ta'ala, not just to see the sights. Yes, there are those who would treat the place with respect, but there are certainly those who would not. How do you screen such people? Who do you let in and who do you keep out? It's too sacred to trivialise it in such a manner and take the risk.

great explanation brother Biggrin

Afro pls correct the confused Wink

clarify the gender behind that fantastic mind

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Afro pls correct the confused Wink

clarify the gender behind that fantastic mind

Are you trying to be Sarcastic??

lol somebody isn't up on greek mythology.

"Dave" wrote:
lol somebody isn't up on greek mythology.

nice comeback Lol

Muhammad Ali you in one topic were worried about tv becuase it might have something to do with pictures.

Why then are you putting emoticons in your posts?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
Muhammad Ali you in one topic were worried about tv becuase it might have something to do with pictures.

Why then are you putting emoticons in your posts?

According to your understanding, what is the ruling on Smileys?

I’m genuinely interested in finding out.

I am not talking about rulings if you dont mind. I prefer to save myself from smileys and their evil! I think smileys are pictures and should be avoided.

My question is directed to Muhammad Ali Nasir. He doubts on tv but uses smileys, this is inconsistent behaviour.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
I am not talking about rulings if you dont mind. I prefer to save myself from smileys and their evil! I think smileys are pictures and should be avoided.

My question is directed to Muhammad Ali Nasir. He doubts on tv but uses smileys, this is inconsistent behaviour.

how are smileys evil just look at this >>> :evil: Wink Cray 2 :roll: they are soo cute, they dont look evil

the first one is the devil is he not? if he aint evil what is? even his title has evil in it: d[color=red][size=18]EVIL[/size][/color]

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
the first one is the devil is he not? if he aint evil what is? even his title has evil in it: d[color=red][size=18]EVIL[/size][/color]

ok if thats evil what bout the last 3, they are cute!

lol, the evil of the devil clouds over the cuteness of the his followers!!! hahaha

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:

THATS DOUBTFUL.

ok. now i wont use smileys.

naat khuwani is not hara,m but if there is achorus behind that ,also it should not be encouraged htat as people do they just turn on the tape and get involved in thir works because allah says ,when quran is recited before u be listm to it carefully in ordr to get rahmat .
secoundly islam doesnt support exteemism therefore shaving or unshaving doesnt matter but onr when opt to have beard then islam prohibits to shave that.
also i dont say only watch islamic channel but have broad mind and watch any thing that is informattive world is getting much a complex place to live in so one should have good compny of people of different perspective im not saying to compromise ur islam with them but to tacle them as islam allows.
BUT WORSTMOST HABBIT OF PEOPLE IN MY OPPINOIN IS TO GO TO THE PIRRS AND BABBA FOR THEIR WISHES OR INTERESTESTS TO COME TRU SINCE ALLAH IS OUR CREATOR AND THEIR SO WHY DO PEOPLE GO FOR THEIR ASK WORLDLY PEOPLE .ALLAH IS THE SUSTAINER OF EVERY THING

fahdkhn

Pages