Are you afraid to die?

I mean really. Have you really really thought about it?

at first I misread the title; I thought it said 'Are you afraid to diet?'

not that WOULD be scary...

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Yah. I woke up one fajr morning and thought that’s it, today i'm returning to my Creator, twas an interesting experience.

Anyway, death shouldn't be viewed a something scary. It's a reality and it's going to happen one day. I aint scared about dying but i'm scared about what state i'll be in my grave and whether if i will have ziyarat or not, that's all.

Talib Kweli said:

"You're only scared to die when you ain't living right."

Just about says it all, really.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I do not fear death.

Its what comes after that worries me.

Back in BLACK

"Ya'qub" wrote:
not that WOULD be scary...

[b]NOW[/b] that would be scary
Man its good to be me.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

im scared of death.. i have thought of it..
every time i go to a graveyard im always sooo scared, but once i go in its ok.. its just the whole imagining of it.. how will u die? peacefully? in a car crash? in hospital? from a disease? bungee jumping?

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

[b]When[/b] I think about it, it's really scary.

I wasn't sure whether we should fear death or not. I heard differing opinions from people. I think I am more inclined towards: dont be scared of death coz its gonna happen to us all so live with it lol, be afraid of Allah(swt) and the after life!

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

"xSmurfy786x" wrote:
how will u die? peacefully? in a car crash? in hospital? from a disease? bungee jumping?

It doesn't make a difference how you die, car crash, falling from a bulilding or in bed the pain will be the same depending on what person you were. When Hadrat Izraeel (as) comes to take away your soul, he will appear in two forms, one is going to be beautiful and one is going to be scary. So if you are a bad person, Hadrat Izraeel (as) will appear in an ugly form and if you're a good person the form will be beautiful. So your soul will be pulled out accordingly.

One day hazrat or hadrat(dont want to upset anybody with my spelling) ibrahim (as) asked hazrat izra'eel (as) to show his form to the un-believer the angel replied no but then Hazrat ibrahim (as) persisted. So the angel told him to turn around and then told him to turn around again when hazrat ibrahim (as) turned around he saw the angel and passed out thats how scary hazrat izra'eel (as) for the non-believers. It is said his eyes would be like fire and teeth like iron bars and just blackness.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

It's the same case for Muslims.

Errrrrm guys.

Can anyone fill me in on Hadrat Izraeel (as) please? I know a little about your soul being taken away etc but not by who.

Anyone care to explain more to me? Thanks.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

Hazrat Izra'eel (as) is the angel of death.

"Noor" wrote:

So is that a sign your going to jahanam.

yeh i know thatt.. that the angel comes in 2 differnt forms etc.. but its just the whole concept of dying that scares me.. when i hear about sum1s death my heart skips a beat.. i dunno why.. im just really frightened by it..

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
"Noor" wrote:

well not exactly.. a true muslim who has read the kalima of Allah and the prophet (pbuh) will eveentually go to heaven.. they will do all their punishment in the grave. and if more punishment neccessary, then yeh theyll go to jahannam, but they will eventually go to jannat because of accepting islam solely and purely b4 doing all the bad deeds that he's gettin punished 4..

"Irfan.Khan" wrote:

And he visits you 72 times a day.

"Noor" wrote:
"Irfan.Khan" wrote:

seriously? ive never heard that before..

dont ppl say that when u yawn it reminds u of death or the grave or something? any one heard of that?

"xSmurfy786x" wrote:
"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
"Noor" wrote:

well not exactly.. a true muslim who has read the kalima of Allah and the prophet (pbuh) will eveentually go to heaven.. they will do all their punishment in the grave. and if more punishment neccessary, then yeh theyll go to jahannam, but they will eventually go to jannat because of accepting islam solely and purely b4 doing all the bad deeds that he's gettin punished 4..

No i said seeing the angel in that form, maybe its a sign of things to come.

"Noor" wrote:
"Irfan.Khan" wrote:

Are there specific timings?

"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
"xSmurfy786x" wrote:
"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
"Noor" wrote:

No i said seeing the angel in that form, maybe its a sign of things to come.

yeh.. well if u see the angel in a scary form u will obviously know that ur gonna be punished.. its inevitable isnt it

Yeah thats what i was asking.

"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
Yeah thats what i was asking.

lol.. i thought so

"xSmurfy786x" wrote:
"Noor" wrote:
"Irfan.Khan" wrote:

seriously? ive never heard that before..

dont ppl say that when u yawn it reminds u of death or the grave or something? any one heard of that?

Nope, when you yawn the shaytan enters. It's not exactly 72 but they 72 because the Angel visits you many times and in Arabic they use that number to mean many times, or something like that.

"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
"Noor" wrote:
"Irfan.Khan" wrote:

Are there specific timings?

Nope.

Your suppose to say a'ouzibillah hi minashaytaanirajeem when you yawn.

"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
Your suppose to say a'ouzibillah hi minashaytaanirajeem when you yawn.

yeh..

"Noor" wrote:

Nope, when you yawn the shaytan enters..

the shaytaan enters what? ur mouth? :?

"xSmurfy786x" wrote:
"Noor" wrote:

Nope, when you yawn the shaytan enters..

the shaytaan enters what? ur mouth? :?

Thats ridiculous

Back in BLACK

Seraph continue...

Hadith is reported in Sahih Muslim. Leme get the book.

Pages