card cloning - your experience please

I had an expected call from my bank's fraud team last week. They had picked up a dodgy pattern in the usage of my card, and so I was called to verify the transactions. It was someone using a clone of my card, so they cancelled that card straight away.

What baffled me was the fact that I had my card with me and had not lost it. Also I don't event use it very much as I tend to use other means of payment. It was a relief though that I had not lost any money.

This has however made me think about where I use the bank card, and have decided to avoid paying with the card at the following:
1, Petrol stations - Heard of other people having cards cloned at petrol stations
2, Asian shops - sorry to say this, but just can't trust any asians!
3, Online - There is more protection using credit cards than bank cards.

Anyone else have any horror stories ?

Alhamdulillah no problems so far, and i use mine quite a lot ..both debit and credit cards.

But you are right - petrol stations owned by asians are known around here to be fraudy...use a cash machine, one that doesnt look dodgy, and pref if it isnt the one at the asian petrol station!

The brother is right, its not to say non-asians arent doing monetry fraud, they are...but its only few and far inbetween, whereas theres an asian on every corner whos into small time fraud

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

My sister experienced card fraud a couple months back. She noticed on her statement that someone had toped up credit (she couldnt have coz shes on contract). The bank told her that she had to report it to the cops first. The bank also did their own investigation. Never found out who did it but they gave her the money that was stolen.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Before you insert your card into a cash machine look if the slot looks suspicious, by that I mean if you think some device has been fitted on top. This is what clones the card and some people won't even notice. And you're now wondering how they know your PIN number, well they fit a tiny camera at the top facing the keypad so it records everything. Trick is to cover the keypad every single time you enter your PIN.

So next time you know what to do.

Looks like somebodies been watching the real hustle lol

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

I watched it somewhere ages ago, can't remember now.

You also get stickers on some cash machines warning you of suspicious devices.

Muslimbro...you know where i can get some of these devices from?

wanna test it on my own cash machine Biggrin

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimBro" wrote:
Trick is to cover the keypad every single time you enter your PIN.

I do that, but I would have thought these criminals would be able to deduce the PIN number upon careful analysis of the footage?

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.