Can anyone help in how i should present islam in a good way?

I am currently on my GCSE's, and as a speech for a presntation, like an exam. i chose to do about Islam being a relligion of peace, basicly trying to show the people, who are not muslims, that Islam is nothing to do with terrorism and extremists. Biggrin
P.S could you reply back as soon as possible.

Your gonna be addressing non Muslims so why not start your presentation with a brief description of Islam. What Islam is all about, what name is given to the ppl that follow Islam and maybe even state what the term Islam means.

Then maybe go into show how the media portray Islam as being linked to terrorism.

Maybe use quotes from the Qur'an to show terrorism is forbidden in Islam.

Hope that helps.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Make jokes.

Start with "My name is [insert name here]. Or at least that's what it says on my pilot's license." That's always a good one.

Say what Islam ISN'T. Its not violent. Its not extreme etc. BUT not for too long.

Give people some information about Islam that is not related to terrorism/extremism in the least bit.

Try to explain that charity is amongst the most beloved acts with Allah (swt).

Explain about the word 'Allah'. How it refers to the same god that the Christians and Jews worship. How it is used by Muslims from all around the world, not just Arab speaking. Explain that the word 'Allah' can't be made into a plural - therefore there is no way of having different 'gods' in Islam.

I dunno. What you shouldn't do is go into long details about the Sirat and the Day of Judgement. That's all I learned about Islam in school and it wasn't exactly inspiring.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Terrorism is a really controversial area i think he/she (sorry i dont know what you are and i dont wanna make assumptions coz theyr always wrong) should refrain from making any jokes. Plus marks are not awarded for making jokes but how you present the information to the audience.

is it a small speaking and listening test? if so, its only gona be about 5 minutes long max so just cover the 5 pillars and by the time you have done that, 5 minutes is up!

"Jannah" wrote:
I am currently on my GCSE's, and as a speech for a presntation, like an exam. i chose to do about Islam being a relligion of peace, basicly trying to show the people, who are not muslims, that Islam is nothing to do with terrorism and extremists. Biggrin
P.S could you reply back as soon as possible.

Greet them all with the formal muslim greeting of (Asalaam-alaykum) and then tell them it means they're all about to die. lol... then actually explain the propper meaning of the greeting.

Back in BLACK

"Naz" wrote:
Terrorism is a really controversial area i think he/she (sorry i dont know what you are and i dont wanna make assumptions coz theyr always wrong) should refrain from making any jokes. Plus marks are not awarded for making jokes but how you present the information to the audience.

During school, I had to make a few presentations in front of the class.
I once won a prize for a talk I gave on the different planets in the solar system. Do you know why? Because I made loads of jokes (terrible ones at that)!

Making jokes means that you ARE presenting information to the audience well. Its helps make the talk memorable and keeps the audience interested. As long as you remember to put real information in too and not just make people laugh!

If you want to know what prize I won, it was a Mars bar...

ba-dum cha!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

But this is a presentation whereby the marks will count towards his/her GCSE grade and the last time i checked you dont get extra marks for cracking a joke so whats the point in wasting time. Why not just use the very little time to present the info you have gathered.

As long as you get a decent mark who cares whether the students remember or not.

Yaqub's right, but i dont knw if them jokes will go down ok at GCSE level

the world ISLAM has three root words....and i cant remember em all right now! but all three derive from peace (salam)

[url= is Peace Speech[/url]

theres another lecture that was really good, based on what your talking about, altho u dont need all the details, jus take snippets...when Shaykh Ul Islam addressed a confrence in scotland just after the 7/7 bombings...cant find link!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ