Jannah - The Garden from the Quran and Hadith

A ahadith thread on Jannah.

[b][color=indigo]We asked: "What is the Garden made of?" The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said: "A brick of Gold and a brick of Sliver, its mortar is of strongly scented musk, its stones are pearls and emeralds, and its soils is of safforn. Those who enter it will be in affluent circumstances and will not be destitute, they will live for ever and not die, their garments will not wear out, and their youth will not pass away." [/color][/b](Narrated by Abu Hurayra (rh), al-Tirmidhi)

[color=orange][b]The inhabitants of the Garden will be hairless on their bodies, beardless and black eyed; their youth will not end, nor will their clothes become old. [/b][/color](Narrated by Abu Hurayra (ra), al-Tirmidhi)

[color=red][b]In the Garden there is a market to which they will come every Friday. The north wind will blow and scatter fragrance on their faces and on their clothes and add to their goodness and beauty, and then they will go back to their wives who will also have increased in goodness and beauty, and their wives will say: "By Allah, you have increased in goodness and beauty after leaving us, " and they will say: "By Allah, you have increased in goodness and beauty after us." [/b][/color](Narrated by Anas ibn malik (ra, Sahih Muslim)

[b][color=green]In the Garden the believer will have a tent made of a single hallow pearl, whose width will be sixty miles. The believer will have wives in it, and he will go to each of them without any of them seeing each other.[/color][/b] (Narrated by Abu Bakr ibn Abdullah ibn Qais (ra), Sahih Muslim)

(I'm getting these ahadith from a book - Jannah - The Garden from the Quran and Hadith by Adem Yakup. Maasha'Allah it is a lovely book and its decorated in flowers)

And you will in it Noor.

Look forward to the day when you will be told that from now on you will live in perfect health, forever.

Omrow you never cease to make me laugh at you

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

[color=violet][b]The people of the Garden will see the people of the highest ranks above them just as you see the pearly stars ghaabir on the horizons from the east to the west, because of the differences of rank between them.[/b][/color] (Sahih al-Bukhari; Sahih Muslim)

[color=blue][b]The least of the people of the Garden in rank will be the one who gazes at his gardens, his wives, his servants, his couches stretching for the distance travelled in a thousand year. The noblest of them to Allah will be one who gazes on His jamal morning and evening.[/b][/color] (Surat al-Qiyama: 21/2)

[color=green][b]...There will be no disagreement or any hatred amongst them. Their hearts will be as one heart, and they will glorify Allah morning and evening...[/b][/color] (Narrated by Abu Hurayra, Sahih Muslim)

[b][color=red]When a believer desires a child in the Garden, its gestation and birth will be in one hour, as he desires. [/color][/b](Sunan Ibn Majah; at-Tirmidhi)

is it wrong to not have a desire/passion to reach heaven? :?

by that i mean, not to do good deeds for the sake of heaven and to pass the test.........but purely for pleasing Allah SWT, and if thats the reward, then thats fine

hearing about heaven doesnt make me wanna do somat....i feel like thats like asking for your paycheck. i did a deed, i expect heaven in return. I personally dont like recognition or rewards for good deeds...if u get what im gettin at

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

[color=indigo][b]A man asked the Messenger of Allah (swt): “Will the inmates of the Garden sleep?” Hew replied: “Sleep is the brother of death, and the people of the Garden will not die.”[/b][/color] (Al-Bayhaqi)

"Sirus" wrote:

by that i mean, not to do good deeds for the sake of heaven and to pass the test.........but purely for pleasing Allah SWT, and if thats the reward, then thats fine

hearing about heaven doesnt make me wanna do somat....i feel like thats like asking for your paycheck. i did a deed, i expect heaven in return. I personally dont like recognition or rewards for good deeds...if u get what im gettin at

That sounds correct. I think the answer is that it's a level of aspiration - to always choose righteousness for the sake of the righteous act or it's benevolent consequences and not for the reward - that few of us are capable of. So we are told something of heaven, a little added incentive for our flawed and selfish souls. Then again it might be a trick.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

"Joie de Vivre" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

That sounds correct. I think the answer is that it's a level of aspiration - to always choose righteousness for the sake of the righteous act or it's benevolent consequences and not for the reward - that few of us are capable of. So we are told something of heaven, a little added incentive for our flawed and selfish souls. Then again it might be a trick.

Thats what i meant, your better with wording. Thanks

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

no theres nowt wrong with it, have you read Purification of the Heart by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf? scholars say its absolutely fine to do deeds with the intention of getting heaven in return. not many people are at the stage where they worship Allah (swt) purely for his sake. Allah (swt) talks about jahannam so we fear it and work for jannah when we hear about its beauty.

i havnt read it, but been thru a lot with Shaykh Ramzan

obviously i agree theres nothing in wrong with doing deeds for sake of reward, at the end of the day, theres a reward which you can rightfully earn

and im nowhere near any stage, but i jus feel things should be for Allah swt's sake only. my personal feeling on the topic. death, heaven, hell - i dont have that fear fear (or desire in case of heaven) inside me

i used to be scared of the fact of dying

now im not. why? dont know but probably to do with the above

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

i get ya bro. the true aashiqs are at that level, who do good deeds soley for the sake of Allah (swt), they dont care about jahannam or jannah, all they care about is getting one glance at the beauty of Allah (swt) and that is enough for them.

Owais Qarni (ra), Bishr al-Hafi (ra)... subhaanAllah! Cray 2

well im not one of those, just an aspirer. still am.....cant be like them, but i follow the same viewpoint i guess

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
i used to be scared of the fact of dying

now im not. why? dont know but probably to do with the above

that is something that scares me proper bad knowing the fact it could be anytime now, and i cannot get rid of the gut feeling, does anyone else feel like so?

and sirus how'd you deal with it? u dont knw ?

i dont think its to do with being pious or not to feel this

[color=red][b]There is no night in the Garden. It consists of brightness and light. [/b][/color](Ramuz al-Ahadith, vol.2, p.366/4)

[b][color=indigo]The Messeneger of Allah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said: “I have prepared for My slaves which no eye has seen, no ear has heard and has never occurred to a human heart…” [/color][/b](Narrated by Abu Hurayra, Sahih Muslim, vol.4)

[color=green][b]If you are intended for the Garden and say “I would like to rise a horse of red ruby”, you will do so. If you say you wish to fly, you will fly.[/b][/color] (Ramuz al-Ahadith, vol.1, p.149/5)

well the pious people will always fear they havnt done enuff for their Lord, but at the same time, in reality they have nothing to fear....death cant come any sooner, as they will be united with their Lord

im nowhere near, again i jus dont have that fear i used to have a long time ago when i thought it could be me, now, here...gone.

good, bad, i dont know. its not that i dont care about life or wasting my time, i still wish to do good like everyone else, and realise how far i am in pleasing Allah SWT...the fear of death factor dont do it for me. I jus want and wish one thing - to be amongst those that the Beloved Messenger Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is happy with.

and i my only real fear to be honest is, that im not amongst those.

like i said, heaven, hell, death - none of these topics do much for me.

Bieng with the Holy Prophet (SAW) is what motivates me....and the possibility of not being there is what scares the living daylights out of me...thinking about that gives me the gut feeling

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"star" wrote:

that is something that scares me proper bad knowing the fact it could be anytime now, and i cannot get rid of the gut feeling, does anyone else feel like so?

Whenever deaths comes to me I always imagine Mukar and Nakir pulling my hair and punishing me .

Scary thought indeed, at my cousin funeral my dad lifted up an empty grave and said to us all "know what have you prepare for this" still haven't forgotten his words.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

[color=green][b]Race each other to forgiveness from you Lord and a Garden as wide as the heavens and the earth, prepared for the people who have taqwa. [/b][/color]Surah Al-Imran: 133

Sounds good, anyone got an application form? Lol. Biggrin

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

"Allahuakbar" wrote:
Sounds good, anyone got an application form? Lol. Biggrin

Lol
ask at the help desk they might have some spares

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

hahaha your so funny man..... not

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"Irfan and or Funzo" wrote:
hahaha your so funny man..... not

yhhh and ur a REAL joker aint u?
u REALY make me laff dnt u?

Oi! Dont spoil my lovely thread! :evil:

Either post something about the beauty of Jannah or get lost!

No not really because i feel theres tension between me and you and as a muslim i think we should eliminate that so im sorry for annoying you in any way shape or form.

"Noor" wrote:
Oi! Dont spoil my lovely thread! :evil:
Either post something about the beauty of Jannah or get lost!

am sowiii noor 4gve me plzzzz

"Irfan and or Funzo" wrote:
No not really because i feel theres tension between me and you and as a muslim i think we should eliminate that so im sorry for annoying you in any way shape or form

am sorry irfan 4gve me plzzzz

What? forgive you, who am i to forgive you i am just a man ask allah swt for fogiveness but if thats an apology its accepted.

Pages